The Headplay Flesh Effect! Anyone tried to achieve it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fangs of Death

Super Freak
Reaction score
I mean the skin effect that looks exactly like flesh, but with no apparent work! I've had it under the microscope, and all I can see is an incredibly thin layer of brown (mid/dark) paint on a milky coffee coloured PVC...and that's all! Cast, spray--flesh done!

The amount of paint on a Headplay face can literally be placed on the head of a sewing pin...anyone had a go at getting the effect? Save a lot of time...

All I've achieved so far (prelim experiments on a half cleaned HP head) is a dull tan, like he's got suntan foundation on.
:medic.... :medic..... :medic

Last edited:
Re: The Headplay Effect! Anyone tried to achieve it?

Oh, I thought you were talking about stealing other people's sculpts.

No, I just want to steal their ingenious flesh effect method...or an independently developed clone thereof.

Title added to.

I've sliced and diced it...it's pretty much opaque, even under the microscope. My resin is coloured to about the same tone as HP's PVC.

EDIT--correction--it's almost opaque, but not quite. Hmmmm (goes off to investigate the matter)

Last edited:
Mad scientist at work!

Mad, or desperate! Those fiendish orientals have developed a cunning method of quick, simple paint application...and I can't find out what it is.
[returns to his microscope, with a steely determination]
:taz:horse

No, I just want to steal their ingenious flesh effect method...

No I meant "The Headplay Effect" as in that dude/company has been getting killed lately with accusations of him/them stealing other people's head sculpts. It was a joke. :lol

Back