The Happening trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Unbreakable" was inspired. Comics, meet real life.

I got it, but sadly my girlfriend was lost.

His first R rated film. Definitely something I'm excited for. Early script reviews rave about it being his best. I too thought about it being something about the rapture, but then it just doesn't make sense that they are killing themselves.

edit: Just watched the trailer in the link. It's different from the one I saw last month. I can see where people would connect the rapture from that trailer. Here's the first trailer from a while back....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozt1qITETO0

The apple trailer says it has no rating yet :confused:

Problem with the village was that it was marketed as a horror/suspence movie; where IMO, it wasn't either. These MONSTERS terrified these people, when they didn't. It was just a giant let down to me and I was pissed when the ending happened. You're kid is dying so you don't do everything possible to save him, not even leave you're own stupid seclusion for the sake of a life. It was just dumb, and I could rant hours about the stupid movie so I'll stop now.

The apple trailer says it has no rating yet :confused:

Back when it was announced it's what the studio said....

"The Happening" will be Shyamalan's first R-rated picture, and as you might have already read, it's a paranoid thriller about a family on the run from a natural crisis that presents a large-scale threat to humanity. Fox gave the project a budget of around $57 million

Problem with the village was that it was marketed as a horror/suspence movie; where IMO, it wasn't either. These MONSTERS terrified these people, when they didn't. It was just a giant let down to me and I was pissed when the ending happened. You're kid is dying so you don't do everything possible to save him, not even leave you're own stupid seclusion for the sake of a life. It was just dumb, and I could rant hours about the stupid movie so I'll stop now.

Beautifully filmed, great cast and an incredibly stupid "twist". It was such a huge letdown. I'll never watch this movie again.

Yeah, I think he's stepping it up in a new genre. I loved all MNS's movies except for Unbreakable, which I think was atrocious! And I really didn't care for Sixth Sense either. Most people will disagree but I think Signs, the Village and Lady in the Water rocked. If he started doing horror like this and scarier, MNS would rule it hard! To bad it will probably not do that well, as The Incredible Hulk is coming out the same weekend. Bad release date for him.

And the Red Band is killer! Check it out in better quality here. If you are squmish about suicides and stuff, I would stay away. This movie is gonna be ^^^^ed up!!!!:

Brutal Red Band Trailer for The Happening

Last edited:
That looks insane. Now i'm even more excited about seeing it:rock:rock:rock Looks like it could be the best since signs or unbreakable.

Just to let everyone know, there are major spoilers floating around the internet for this movie.

If you read the spoilers, you WILL NOT go to see this movie.

You have been warned. :lol:rotfl:lol

I can see where people would connect the rapture from that trailer.

I don't see that myself. Still looks like a good movie DESPITE the fact that Captain Leo Davidson and Pestario Vargas are in the film.

But then again, John and Mark HAVE done some good acting.

Well, here is the review, with spoilers. I am still gonna see this movie not matter what. Spoilers in the review.

https://www.collider.com/entertainment/reviews/article.asp?aid=7903&tcid=1

Spolier alert below!! Plot reveiled!!
It's plants that are responsible. They've decided to wipe out humanity and release the neuro-toxin as their natural weapon. This was far, far more clear in the script (and even the title "The Green Effect") and I'm really of the opinion that it's a pretty neat idea, though. What Shyamalan quickly finds, though, is that it's very, very hard to menacingly cut to an evil-looking tree. That doesn't stop him from trying, though, and he inexplicably adds wind as a way of livening up the scenes. When the leaves of a tree start to blow, evil's afoot. It's really, really hard not to laugh at and there's even a real groaner of a gag-scene wherein Wahlberg timidly apologizes to a houseplant only to find that it's made of rubber. Really.
Spolier alert above!! Plot reveiled!!

I just read that on another site. MNS has stepped out of his mind. He has completely lost touch with reality and his career is over.

I just wanna go see it to watch that girl stick the knife or letter opener right into her own neck! That was messed up!! And some of the other suicides looked cool too.

I just wanna go see it to watch that girl stick the knife or letter opener right into her own neck! That was messed up!! And some of the other suicides looked cool too.

I am going to go see the movie out of curiosity to see just how bad it will be. I am not quite sure about the mindset that I need to be experiencing to want to do that. But I guess it is there.

Back