The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The horses look on the small side. Maybe more a pony than a horse, which measure less than 14 hands, 2 inches. But that's okay. They look pretty good, which is surprising considering they're from Star Ace.

The only option is the brown one as it comes with the western saddle. The black one is designed for a chimpanzee, and doesn't have stirrups.

Something I never saw explained is why the Deluxe James Dean is photographed so much on Caesar's horse, yet it appears he only comes with the option of the brown one. :confused:

The black horse he's riding also has a different bridle and saddle to either the brown horse or Caesar's black one.

An abandoned prototype or a future offering?

I'm curious to see what it actually looks like, as I have yet to see in-hand pics.

Same here.

The black horse that James Dean was photographed on turned out to be the 1/6 Samurai Batman horse, and they're branded 'CoolToys' as per Sideshow's description and the images from Toy Ark:

Sideshow Collectibles said:
The "CoolToys" Samurai horse is the perfect companion for Star Ace's Batman Ninja Samurai version.

Star-Ace-Batman-Ninja-Samurai-Horse-Figure-001.jpg

(Caesar's black horse looks to be the same sculpt, but in a smaller scale).

EDIT:

First review I've seen for the brown James Dean horse, on the Sideshow order page:

Christopher H.

5 star review

My first horse

April 7, 2021
Verified Purchase

I collect Hot Toys & motorbikes but thought this amazing figure would look great with my Indiana Jones figure, it is 5 lbs in weight, life-like & great detail in the bridle & saddle

I highly recommend.

Received mine yesterday from Sideshow. Overall it's a real nice horse, but as Asta already mentioned it is slightly undersized. It's 14.5X13, while a Mr. Z horse is 16.5X12. The last picture gives you an idea of size comparison to a 1/6 figure.

Last edited:
Received mine yesterday from Sideshow. Overall it's a real nice horse, but as Asta already mentioned it is slightly undersized. It's 14.5X13, while a Mr. Z horse is 16.5X12. The last picture gives you an idea of size comparison to a 1/6 figure.

Thanks for posting the photos.

The sculpting and hair detail look good, but hard to tell about the paint finish.

By your measurements this horse is actually an inch taller than the Mr Z (Hanoverian?), but 2" shorter in length?

I don't know much about horses, but I'm thinking this might pass for an American Quarter Horse, which is an older western breed used for cowboy work. They usually range in height from 14 to 16 hands and have a compact body.

14 hands to the withers is 56", which would be 9.33".

I have the Pop Toys' Jeanne d'Arc horse, and a 1/6 sculpture by Academy. They both appear to be 10.5" at the withers. The Pop Toys is about 13.5" at the highest point.

So the Star Ace is probably scaled well for a smaller horse.

All these thoughts of horses gave me the impetus to get the Academy sculpture down from the top of one the glass cases. Since it's sixth scale I've often wondered whether I could incorporate it somehow with some figures.

I've seen descriptions that say it's made of resin, but sounds like hollow plastic when you tap it. The mare and foal are on separate bases that have been put together onto one stand, and the back of the mare's base is stamped, "2008 Spring". The sculpted base is a more typical resin or polystone, glued to a wooden plinth.

The flash makes them appear overly shiny, but in reality they look quite natural.

51114860447_f9626cd067_c.jpg

When I put the Hangman with her, along with the box, barrels and accessories it made me think of a camp scene, which is apt since the LiM figures come with campfire bases. So I started piling figures onto the new shelf and realised it's a relatively large space, and big enough to create a camp for the LiMToys with their added accessories.

51116216665_f637f1f08d_c.jpg

51115422196_3c685ee610_c.jpg

51114955097_32c673a43f_o.jpg

It's a cold springtime!

I've also seen this version on Ebay with a different foal. The mare's base has the same "2008 Spring" stamp:

s-l1600.jpg

Looks more like Bill from the Lord of the Rings rather than a full size horse. I’m glad I still have the Mr. Z thoroughbred on PO now. Too small for my taste.

Any update plz? ;(

Nothing beyond this from 5th April.

Rodrigo Rocha
Howdy everyone,
I just want to let you know we recieve all your messages and we read your posts, we understand you’re all tired of waiting for the outlaw and the good news is the figures are in the packaging stage right now and we’re focusing on final details, this is by far the most detailed and the biggest release we’ve done so far, we’ve been hard at work because we want to deliver something truly special and we will not rush it out now that we’re so close to the end.
The next and final update will be pictures of the final product when it’s ready to ship in Q2.
Until then we just ask for your understanding and a little bit more of patience, we’re at the end of the road now and sooner than later the cowpoke will start riding out all over the world, until then stay healthy and have some damn faith! ��

I preordered the figure from TNS back in February and it?s now saying it?s not for sale. Does that just mean it?s out of stock or they not honoring pre-orders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I preordered this in May 2019. I don’t see it releasing till late this year with how quiet it’s been

I preordered the figure from TNS back in February and it?s now saying it?s not for sale. Does that just mean it?s out of stock or they not honoring pre-orders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It usually just means they have (pre)sold out of the stock that they ordered for this particular release. Or, in some cases the manufacturer has requested orders only be made available for a limited window of time, usually when a company is nervous about being hit with a cease and desist from the license holders. Either way, if you log into your account you should still see your order there.

This is a pretty normal thing with third party releases on any number of sites, removing the item/product page as soon as they have sold through their stock allocation, or otherwise marking it as no longer available (or something similar) if it's a site that does leave the product page up. Nothing to worry about. If you got your order in you'll be fine.

Didn’t they already make the box for him like months ago? It should be ready to ship any day now, I should hope.

Back