The Green Hornet Trailer.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a definite "Spirit" vibe from it.

The weird thing about The Spirit is, it was promoted as a serious movie. If you look at all the trailers it came off as like another Sin City. I didn't realize it was supposed to be a comedy or would have as MUCH comedy as it did. I still haven't been able to watch that whole movie. :lol

Looks okay.

They should have used Kevin Smith's script. The comic based on his work is pretty good. It's the same premise. The higher ups must have known exactly what they wanted in terms of story.

I think "Be Kind Rewind" already did that. :lol

Nah. Be Kind Rewind was not excellent but the story was quirky and unique in the Gondry way. It fit the type of movies he was known for directing, and I think he did an okay job with it. The Green Hornet looks like an unfunny, generic, and commercial (in a bad way) remake of the original.

:exactly:exactly::exactly: I agree with this. She used to be good looking, but now I just don't find her attractive whatsoever. I think she looked the best in There's Something About Mary and maybe Charlie's Angels.
:lecture
she looked her best in There's Something About Mary, and The Mask. she didn't look too special in Charlie's Angels, especially not next to drew barrymore and lucy liu.
Well, you know what I mean. :lol
:lol:wink1:

Um ok. That has nothing to do with your original comment

Which is what I responded too. :lol

:lol Well to be fair, I actually think that audiences had a love or hate type of response to Be Kind Rewind, so just because I didn't think of it as great, there are enough fans of the film to not taint Gondry. It is like his Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, if you will: relatively praised among critics but left audiences split. This is why I don't think BKR tainted Gondry much. He was never going to keep making Eternal Sunshine quality films. I do blame my original statement though for the confusion. The Green Hornet, on the other hand, just looks to be a sell-out type film for him. It is clear he is not able to really be that creative with the material.

Back