The good ol' days?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master_Blaster

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've always bought my sideshow stuff off ebay. It's only been recently that I've been addicted to ordering from their site directly. I used to check out the website but never ordered. Anyway, I guess it's been a year or so ago, it seems like sideshow would send out an email saying on such and such date and at this and that time we are releasing whatever statue. Then the site would get slammed, I couldn't even view the website because of the volume of users, and a statue would sell out in minutes. I could be wrong but that's how I saw it. Does that not happen anymore because sideshow releases all their pieces with such high edition sizes that anyone and everyone can order everything even months after it debuts?? That kind of blows if that's the case.

I guess exclusives still sell out pretty quick though....right?? At least they seemed to with the last 2 PF's I bought, Batman and Superman.

I guess exclusives still sell out pretty quick though....right?? At least they seemed to with the last 2 PF's I bought, Batman and Superman.

Both of those had really high ES even for the EX's (2000 for Bats and 2500 for Superman)......Batman EX took about 4-5 days to sell out while Superman EX took 2 weeks.
Harley Quinn took about 2 months before it's EX sold out.

Who cares if you like it buy it. It's a lose lose situation for SS anyway. People have been moaning about Sideshows high Edition Size's & then they release an Exclusive white Storm with an ES of 150 & now people are raging about missing out on her.

My only concern is QC which I've been extremely lucky with so far.

Who cares if you like it buy it. It's a lose lose situation for SS anyway. People have been moaning about Sideshows high Edition Size's & then they release an Exclusive white Storm with an ES of 150 & now people are raging about missing out on her.

My only concern is QC which I've been extremely lucky with so far.

Obviously I care or I wouldn't have asked. I don't really care for peoples opinions that don't care. Next time you don't care about a post just skip it and move on.

SS killed - on purpose I guess - the 2 minute sell-out of their stuff when they introduced the non-refundable deposit. Before that flippers preordered everything in the hope to double their money om eBay. If not, they simple cancelled before release. Lots of waitlist conversions back then. That was the "good" old days. that's the reason everything sold out: you could always cancel without paying anything and flippers exploited that. I like the deposit, great idea.

for me, the decline started when sideshow initiated the NRD. i used to order most every new exclusive and decide before it shipped to cancel or not. now i am extremely selective because a NRD locks you in until the item ships, which may be a year later. sideshow has hurt themselves by doing this. they have less cancels with the NRD, but way less orders too. that's why they have a buttload of exclusives lingering unsold even though the edition sizes may still be fairly low. sideshow also distributes for an enormous amount of companies. there are so many choices, it can make your head spin. so i have now focused my collecting on hot toys only.

for me, the decline started when sideshow initiated the NRD. i used to order most every new exclusive and decide before it shipped to cancel or not. now i am extremely selective because a NRD locks you in until the item ships, which may be a year later. sideshow has hurt themselves by doing this. they have less cancels with the NRD, but way less orders too. that's why they have a buttload of exclusives lingering unsold even though the edition sizes may still be fairly low. sideshow also distributes for an enormous amount of companies. there are so many choices, it can make your head spin. so i have now focused my collecting on hot toys only.

This is why there's an NRD :lecture

And now you know why there is a NRD.

I have been here for a little over a year and the only kind of fast sellouts were Grey Hulk comm, Dino egg, White Storm, and Savage Predator bust. All those sold out in 24hrs or less. Reason being they had an ES listed from the jump. Most everything is TBD so people more or less sit on the fence until an ES is set.

Good old days? I only hear it was so much fun. Wiz edit was like this now. Well to be fair SS had a white storm with low ES so I was shocked and its so much fun thinking of the hunt again! Love that idea SS. Now please give us a 150 ES grey deadpool, brown or grey wolverine, grey psylocke with primer lol, and red baroness!

Back