The Future Of Star Wars Article

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, Star Wars has already gone three movies too long :monkey3

I am interested in a tv show and clone wars, but I am not overly excited about it. The original trilogy holds a special place to me because of the influence on my life and the memories. In all honest, even if they (Lucas or otherwise) made another Star Wars film and it was excellent, it will never be special to me in the way the first tree films are. I would enjoy it and would be fun to see, but I am doubtful it would happen within my life time. For the people who do enjoy future movies and/or stories, I do hope there i a quality there and you do enjoy them.

And for me, I don't want to see more movies of the same characters. The OT ends with ROTJ/ Vader's gone and Luke is finally Jedi. The Empire lost and all is good and everyone lives happily ever after. The End!

Those EU novels after ROTJ is worth crap for me. In fact, those stupid dick Vuzhang Vong craps killed SW EU. But good thing Lucas said he won't endorse those EU as he said it isn't his vision. I don't want to know or see any stories after Ep6.

Still, its a large universe. We could always have movies based hundreds of years into the future or thousands of years back in the past like KOTOR! In fact, I want to see KOTOR movies. Of heroes of another time, another place! No Tatooine, no Corescant.... Just plain good versus evil. Bring on Kevin Smith!!!

Still, its a large universe. We could always have movies based hundreds of years into the future or thousands of years back in the past like KOTOR! In fact, I want to see KOTOR movies. Of heroes of another time, another place! No Tatooine, no Corescant.... Just plain good versus evil. Bring on Kevin Smith!!!

I would love to see movies about the "birth" of the dark side and how it all started.

Yes for me defiantely a KOTOR type movie would be great. I do not want to see this saga revisited. Just think of KOTOR with references to the chosen one. Jedi and Sith academies. Powerful Jedi and Sith masters. Even if they follow the story of the first KOTOR or the second where a force sensitive is being persued by both sides maybe believed to be the chosen one. THere are many possiblities.
:banana

Or there's a 20 year break before reinventing the world again.

I'm sure in 20 years, much like the prequels, Lucas at 80 will produce the next reign of terror in the STAR WARS legacy, whether it be to hand off to his kids or to his trusted business partners of the time. By then there will be a whole new world of technology for him to reinvent the legacy.

He originally said there would be 9 movies back in 1977... although he hasn't mentioned that lately, I can see him saying it a decade or two from now. Mark Hammill in the "Old Ben" role helping the children of Han/Leia carry on the Jedi cause...perhaps. Who knows? But I wouldn't count Lucas out if the STAR WARS movie business yet.

He originally said there would be 9 movies back in 1977... although he hasn't mentioned that lately, I can see him saying it a decade or two from now. Mark Hammill in the "Old Ben" role helping the children of Han/Leia carry on the Jedi cause...perhaps. Who knows? But I wouldn't count Lucas out if the STAR WARS movie business yet.

According to Gary Kurtz, the original intentions for the nine films were:

- EPISODE 1: Was to focus on the origins of the Jedi Knights and how they are initiated and trained.

- EPISODE 2: Introduction and development of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

- EPISODE 3: Introduction and life of Vader.

- EPISODE 4: There were seven different drafts of the film. At one point, they pursued buying the rights to Hidden Fortress because of the strong similarities. At one point, Luke was a female, Han was Luke's brother, Luke's father was the one in prison (interesting point for some debates) and the film featured 40 wookies.

- EPISODE 5: Once written, the screenplay of Empire is almost exactly what is seen on screen. The only cut scenes were those involving wampas in the rebel base (cut because of time and unsolved technical glitches) and about two minutes of Luke/Yoda Jedi training with no real dialog.

- EPISODE 6: Leia was to be elected "Queen of her people" leaving her isolated. Han was to die. Luke confronted Vader and went on with his life alone. Leia was not to be Luke's sister.

- EPISODE 7: Third trilogy was to focus on Luke's life as a Jedi, with very few details planned out.

- EPISODE 8: Luke's sister (not Leia) appears from another part of the galaxy.

- EPISODE 9: First appearance of the Emperor.

https://theforce.net/latestnews/story/gary_kurtz_reveals_original_plans_for_episodes_19_80270.asp

Lucas changed his mind at some point, he revised and condensed the story from 6 to 9 in only one episode. So when Lucas says there was never a third trilogy, he is telling the truth, from a certain point of view.

Again, ROTJ is the end of that stories. If they make anything after ROTJ, let it be another group of heroes and villians. Enough with the Skywalkers already.

For me (again) the events after ROTJ:

Leia, Hand and their family dog retires from all the wars to Naboo where Leia is voted Queen of Naboo. Han gets his Falcon restored and improvised. Chewie is the natural business partner of Han in their new venture of building the hot rod of the universe. Chewie becomes the Chip Foose of Naboo and have his own vidnet reality show called Over-Engineering!

Luke rebuilt what the Empire had destroyed with the help of the ex Rebellions. Becomes the first Jedi elected to become Supreme Chancellar of the known universe. Lando "bought" most of the premium condos deserted by the late Palpy's consorts and loyals. Therefore becoming Corescanti's Donald Trump!

There were 300 years of peace until I can think of what problems lies ahead, LOLOL!

Me? I will say it a trillion times. KOTOR movies please! Didn't Lucas said the tv series ain't gonna be like those 1000 episodes series but a single story in every episode without a time line for everyone meaning we could see KOTOR after all. Hack, I hope they have a few episodes of comedy SW too!

I can't see there ever being another trilogy, but if Ford can come back to do Indiana Jones again I wouldn't bet there'll never be an episode 7 featuring the original trio of Ford, Fisher and Hammil. It would make, what, a billion dollars?

Not that I think it's likely, I just don't think anything's impossible.

He's giving Hollywood too much credit in that article.

My money's on someone remaking the original trilogy before they remake the prequels or do a spin-off

25000 years of history in the SW universe and why still the same trio of heroes?

Because the EU sucks :lol

Dude, that is absolutely correct! I hated all the EU after ROTJ. They way those people are writting those EU, they are killing SW.

At least the Clone War era EU are all related to the prequels.

Yeah the EU should have been more like what Batman and Iron Man is today.Lucas went at the EU with the same old approach and it bombed.If he would have reinvented it,it would have been awesome!

In the latest issue of Total Film magazine(UK) there's an interview with Lucas and he explicitly states that he's made sure there are to be no more SW feature films after he's gone. He said the story has been told and the future of the Star Wars franchise is TV shows, books, video games, etc. So, I think it's pretty clear there won't be any more live-action films unless someone goes against George's wishes once he's dead which would be pretty despicable IMHO.

I read that article too! I think he doesn't want anyone to screw up his vision. Just look at those EU novels after ROTJ. Pure trash!

Well, I am sure we all read that there are 400 hours of planned live tv episodes. That is what? 10 years worth of SW to look forward to?

I think they will not make the same mistake of that particular Christmas Special of a long long time ago. I think they are going to be very good. I expect it to be better than BSG or B5.

I am really looking forward to the live action series since there are supposed to be some familer characters in it from time to time.

Back