Media The Future for Hideo Kojima

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solidus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since the MGS gaming threads have been sidetracked with the corporate news from Konami, I thought it would be a good idea to have a separate thread about the man, himself, Hideo Kojima. With his impending departure from Konami after the completion of MGS V, what do you think the future holds for him? Also, what kinds of independent projects would you like to see him explore?

Personally, I would love to see a re-branded version of "Silent Hills". If he has a big enough budget, maybe even a re-branded version of MGS, with a main character wearing an eye-patch :lol :monkey3.

I figured that he can also revisit some older franchises like Snatcher and Policenauts (that is, if Konami no longer has the rights to those).

Last edited:
Re: Solidus - The Future for Kojima

Get picked up by a respectable company, and go back to making high end, cerebral games. He's needed to walk away from Metal Gear for some time now anyway.

My thoughts, exactly. I really do think MGS should've ended back in 2008.

It would be kind of amazing if Capcom picks him up... maybe he'll be able to help them (or not) with RE :monkey1.

Anything is better than the "creative" team behind that disastrous franchise.

I'm still not buying Revelations 2 anytime soon :lol.

As much as I can criticize certain aspects of Kojima's storyline direction for MGS, I can respect that KojiPro was semi-autonomous in their game development. It seems like they did whatever they wanted with MGS (that is, within the constraints of the franchise, since Konami didn't allow them to work on anything else). I'd like to see Kojima have the same freedom, but not be tied down a single franchise.

MGS 4, for it's all worth of what we said, should have been the end of MGS, due to the set up. MGR still coming out however, I would not have minded due to the differences overall.

Silent Hills being under a different brand and team would be pretty interesting as well, and something else similar to MGS as well. I wonder if he tried doing that with MGS V, in that it was originally a different concept entirely but he was forced to center it around MGS. I've seen that happen before with other franchises actually like Star Fox Adventures, where it originally had nothing to do with that franchise (and it can still be seen in the game) but executives came in and forced a rebrand...if MGS V wasn't an MGS game, I think it'd be getting a better reception honestly.

Kojima without freedom would be nice to see. When he can do what he wants, I think he makes some great content. But for another company to pick him up...Capcom could be interesting, for RE alone. He could work with Nintendo fairly well considering that Platinum Games had no restrictions when doing Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U, and Nintendo helped endorse in some ways. There is also MGS 3D to take into account, and The Twin Snakes (mixed as that is) with that.

I want Sony to buy him and let him build a studio. Make a Playstation dedicated new franchise and just make games he wants to make.

Wet dream of gaming?? Incoming on E3

Kojima-at-E3-2015-Teaser.jpg

I figured that he can also revisit some older franchises like Snatcher and Policenauts (that is, if Konami no longer has the rights to those).

I think he would have released those already if possible. I can't remember his (if he gave it) reasoning for not re-releasing them. Unless they are seen as taking too much from other properties. Snatcher was even more Blade Runner than Bubblegum Crisis if I remember correctly.

since Konami didn't allow them to work on anything else. I'd like to see Kojima have the same freedom, but not be tied down a single franchise.

He did work on many other titles. I wonder about the sales of those titles though and if he has a strong enough following to work on titles different from stealth action games. He did Zone of the Enders. Those were good games to me. Boktai was fun. Perhaps sales weren't what Konami was looking for. I have a feeling that even Metal Gear sales aren't as good as Konami would like.

Back