The force Unleashed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qrest Fourstar

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just saw that this has gone down to $20 for the PS2. I'd like to get it but was wondering, what is the player control like? I bought Battlfront 2 for PS2 and HATE the control. Are they similar in that area?

Yes!

The first time you hurl a Stormtrooper out a window into vacum is worth 20 bucks and then some

Frying them with Sith lightning comes close too.

:emperor

Just remember, there's a learning curve. When I first started playing, using force skills was a but frustrating. But as I got used to it and leveled up the force powers (which makes it considerably easier), it was a piece of cake. :D

It's 30 bucks for the 360 and PS3, and I was also thinking about picking it up.

considering 90% of 360 owners prob got this a year ago for 3x that price, you answer...

Thats my problem wioth most media these days. Ever since I spent $85 each for my babylon 5 box sets and now every other month Best buy has them for $20 each I wait for most everything

Looks like I'll finally pick this up if it's gone down that much. Hope it's better than the reviews.

Picked it up @ Best Buy last week for that $30 price.

Hope to get to it sometime this summer in-between Tiger Woods '10 golf rounds. :)

There are some great bits but I only have a ps2. I think its better on a newer consol. But I find it is a bit samie. I used to play Jedi Academy, wish they would do another similar....

Just remember, there's a learning curve.

This is a very important thing to know about this game. When I first started playing it, I couldn't even get past the boss on the second level. (Have you seen that awesome commercial of all the guys screaming and throwing TVs out the window? That was me.) I got onto another forum and decried it as the worst game ever made.

But I find all Star Wars-related challenges irresistible. So I gave it another go. And I learned how to play it. Eventually, I realized that the problem was me and my lack of skill. But, with patience, I developed those skills.

It's a terrific game, and the storyline is really, truly first-rate. I've gone from despising it to liking it so much that I've ordered the Clone Commander figure from Sideshow, and I've read the "Making Of" book from cover-to-cover.

Buy it and be patient. It's a worthy addition to the saga. :)

This is a very important thing to know about this game. When I first started playing it, I couldn't even get past the boss on the second level. (Have you seen that awesome commercial of all the guys screaming and throwing TVs out the window? That was me.) I got onto another forum and decried it as the worst game ever made.

But I find all Star Wars-related challenges irresistible. So I gave it another go. And I learned how to play it. Eventually, I realized that the problem was me and my lack of skill. But, with patience, I developed those skills.

It's a terrific game, and the storyline is really, truly first-rate. I've gone from despising it to liking it so much that I've ordered the Clone Commander figure from Sideshow, and I've read the "Making Of" book from cover-to-cover.

Buy it and be patient. It's a worthy addition to the saga. :)

From the start, I treated this like an RPG, basically killing everything I could (combos, combos, combos), causing as much damage as I could in the environments, etc., to level up my force powers. That made things entirely easier, upto and including the Rancor battles (which, due to exactly that, were not nearly as hard as I'd anticipated).

I only really had three issues with the game. :lol

The first was the Star Destroyer. I broke a controller in half by bearing down on it after trying to get past that end level and it's frustrating, unending repetition, for about 5hrs straight (for those that haven't played it, there's a trick that works awesomely here ;)).

The second was my continual inability to beat Vader on the first go (I didn't realize that it's best to pick Palps the first time and Vader the 2nd after maxing out most of the force powers). He's frustratingly cheap! :lol

The final one was really irrelevant to the game proper, but I spent a complete day perfecting the jump needed to acquire the black lightsaber. 3hrs in, I landed on the ledge with the holocron only to slip off. :rotfl

From the start, I treated this like an RPG, basically killing everything I could (combos, combos, combos), causing as much damage as I could in the environments, etc., to level up my force powers. That made things entirely easier, upto and including the Rancor battles (which, due to exactly that, were not nearly as hard as I'd anticipated).

I only really had three issues with the game. :lol

The first was the Star Destroyer. I broke a controller in half by bearing down on it after trying to get past that end level and it's frustrating, unending repetition, for about 5hrs straight (for those that haven't played it, there's a trick that works awesomely here ;)).

The second was my continual inability to beat Vader on the first go (I didn't realize that it's best to pick Palps the first time and Vader the 2nd after maxing out most of the force powers). He's frustratingly cheap! :lol

The final one was really irrelevant to the game proper, but I spent a complete day perfecting the jump needed to acquire the black lightsaber. 3hrs in, I landed on the ledge with the holocron only to slip off. :rotfl

Destroyer was annoying, but I found out how to do it so, yeah

Vader, he was a ^^^^^, but I found his weakness, (after 30 minutes)

The black lightsaber was easy for me to get (once I found out where it was)

Definitely a good game IMO

I picked it up for the PS2 I find it a bit boring. The entire purpose of the game seems to be to bash and throw stuff with the force so they made the levels a wee bit too long, not to mention the boss battles. Hitting the buttons in the right order at the right time? What a pain. I've had to rplay every boss a dozen times becasue of that button crap. Boring.

Wish I had bought the new Indiana jones game instead.

Black lightsaber? Oooooo, tell me more! :rock

3264047232_d2e2d235fa.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bendodson/3264047232/

After getting that, and the Sithlord outfit, despite having nabbed everything else there was to get in the game (except for that holocron on [Cloud City?] where you have to jump across a molten pit on the left - which I still think is impossible), I just had to play it a 4th time. :lol

EDIT: NVM. It's in the ore processing room on Imperial Raxus Prime, Holocron 13. This reminded me that I was also never able to nab the one in the Sarlacc's stomach.

Last edited:
Back