The Force Unleashed (360 & PS3)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anakin1138 said:
I do hope someday Lucasarts will make a Wii Star Wars game... It would be great to use a lightsaber and Force powers with the Wii controller and nunchuk... Please Lucasarts, consider makin a SW game for the Wii!

I read that Lucas Arts is working a Wii Star Wars title, but nothing to do with Light sabers (think Game informer) like what the hell?

You know... I've not heard any one of my friends complain about the PS3. They love it!! The only gripe they have is that it doesn't have any better games out yet, but that will change once MGS4 and FF will be released. And I agree, while the Xbox 360 has not reached its full potential, it is much, much closer than the PS3 to its maxium capacity. The PS3 is yet to be discovered.:)
And that Blue-Ray player is the best part about the console.

carbo-fation said:
You know... I've not heard any one of my friends complain about the PS3. They love it!! The only gripe they have is that it doesn't have any better games out yet, but that will change once MGS4 and FF will be released. And I agree, while the Xbox 360 has not reached its full potential, it is much, much closer than the PS3 to its maxium capacity. The PS3 is yet to be discovered.:)
And that Blue-Ray player is the best part about the console.

I also have no complaints about my PS3, it's quiet, doesn;t have overheat problems, no glitches and runs very smoothly. I do agree though, I wish they had more games worthy of buying, but every console suffers from this the first year as developers are still getting the feel for the system.

I expect year 2 and 3 for PS3 to be amazing.

nash said:
I do agree though, I wish they had more games worthy of buying, but every console suffers from this the first year as developers are still getting the feel for the system.
Same here! I was going to purchase one when it came out, but I am going to wait until this summer when better games come out. I can't wait to see the sequels to some of the PS2 games. They're going to look amazing.

carbo-fation said:
Same here! I was going to purchase one when it came out, but I am going to wait until this summer when better games come out. I can't wait to see the sequels to some of the PS2 games. They're going to look amazing.

good call there's really no rush right now to get a PS3. I only got it so soon becausee I wanted to play some of the newer PS2 games, and my PS2 is back in hawaii. So I figure I'd kill two birds with one stone.

I don't have any of the next gen systems yet. I might hold off and see which one will offer the most as far as Star Wars games go. It's all about Star Wars for me, screw the other games :lol . I've always been a Sony guy, but the 360 will finally give me a chance to play the KOTOR stuff (it is backwards compatible, right?)

:huh :vader

They have yet to confirm if a dumbed down version of this will be released on the Wii, but they said that if so, it will NOT be the "use your Wii controller like a lightsaber" game that we are all waiting for. That will be one designed from the ground up specifically for the console.

They also confirmed that there WILL be a multiplayer element to the game, and so that will likely push a lot of people towards the 360. The PS3 has a long way to go to catch up with Xbox Live. Earning achievements for your gamertag as you force push and crush the heck out of your friends online is going to be a lot of fun. If there are any substantial differences between the two versions, it will likely just be that the 360 ultiplayer experience is far, far superior.

I have a feeling the Wii will fade out after the fad gets old. :wave

tomandshell said:
The PS3 has a long way to go to catch up with Xbox Live. Earning achievements for your gamertag as you force push and crush the heck out of your friends online is going to be a lot of fun.

I always wondered what the heck is the reason behind earning achievments or points for your gamertag? (I dont own a 360 so i really dont know)

If it serves no purpose to further your gameplay then why is it so important?

It's kind of like saying someone is trying to pad their post count on a forum. Why in the heck would you even care how many posts you get lol.

I havn't even finished Rogue Squadron III for the Gamecube yet and you are all talking about the next generation one... guess I got some playing to do.

nash said:
I have a feeling the Wii will fade out after the fad gets old. :wave

I now have all three consoles. The Wii is really a lot of fun to play, but the low res graphics are just killing me. I would never get a game on the Wii that is available on either the 360 or PS3.

After having spent some time with all three on my new TV, the 360 is still my favorite. But in a year or two when I have more to play on my PS3 than Resistance, it might change.

tomandshell said:
I now have all three consoles. The Wii is really a lot of fun to play, but the low res graphics are just killing me. I would never get a game on the Wii that is available on either the 360 or PS3.

I dont own a Wii but I can totally agree with that. We're so demanding of "WOW" factor when it comes to gaming now days. Thrashing the Wii controllers around just wont cut it in a year or two from now. It's all about graphics and sound.

nash said:
I always wondered what the heck is the reason behind earning achievments or points for your gamertag? (I dont own a 360 so i really dont know)

If it serves no purpose to further your gameplay then why is it so important?

It's kind of like saying someone is trying to pad their post count on a forum. Why in the heck would you even care how many posts you get lol.
Its all based on what you do in the game. Take GOW for eaxmple you get points for beating the game on each level. There are also a lot of points for different online things. Stuff like 500 kills etc.. Its a way of showing how much you have done in a game.

It's meaningless but fun and addicting. When you accomplish something, you hear that cool sound, and a little congratulatory message pops up, and your number/score increases. Your total achievement score is viewable by all and directly connected to your name, so I believe that some people like to get big numbers for the bragging rights alone.

ah I see. I was thinking it may be for an online store type of thing where you could trade them in for free stuff or discount on xbox live.

nash said:
ah I see. I was thinking it may be for an online store type of thing where you could trade them in for free stuff or discount on xbox live.

Well, there has been stuff coming out that they may do something like this but nothing official.

There is a good article in the new Game Informer about the SW game. If anyone wants to check it out.

I really want this game. It's using software from Naturalmotion for the realistic character animations, which was originally in a program called Endorphin, for creating 3D animations. It really is quite a good program to work with, you can just give behaviors to people and they'll try to perform them (simple behaviors though). It's great.

But I really want this to be on PC, I think it's kind of open-ended as to what it's actually coming out for, besides those few consoles that it specifically mentioned. But I'm really hoping for PC. Especially if we could do mods.

The game is being developed specifically for the 360 and PS3. Versions of the game with the same title but differing content will be released on the PS2, PSP and DS. They haven't ruled out the Wii but it's not a sure thing yet. No mention has been made of a version for the PC.

Back