The Force Awakens - my review (figure related)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From all accounts she was right - but I'll let you guys know definitively in about 15 hours.

And from what I've heard, "bridge" and "face" make sense.

Saying that, I'm going to say Star Wars fans may not find anything that is a "revelation" because everybody has thrown so many theories around about what happened over those 30 years that I think it will be "kinda thought that might have been the case."

From all accounts she was right - but I'll let you guys know definitively in about 15 hours.

And from what I've heard, "bridge" and "face" make sense.

Saying that, I'm going to say Star Wars fans may not find anything that is a "revelation" because everybody has thrown so many theories around about what happened over those 30 years that I think it will be "kinda thought that might have been the case."

Let us know......put an end to this rant once and for all!

I guess we'll just have to "wadeit0ut" and see...

See what I did there? I used your screen name as a joke... you should lighten up dude, you are way too tense.

Agreed. Between this and the Kylo Ren thread, can this dude just give it a rest? Come Friday, guess who is going to become 100% irrelevant with his "I've put the whole movie together" crap?

Why would anyone actually want to be spoiled on everything that happens in the film before they've seen it? Stalking the internet to find out every single leak about a film is ridiculously pathetic in my book.

Why would anyone actually want to be spoiled on everything that happens in the film before they've seen it? Stalking the internet to find out every single leak about a film is ridiculously pathetic in my book.
Hm, I think avoiding them like the plague (especially avoiding them in threads dedicated to said movies... *slaps forehead*) and blaming other people for spoiling your experience is just as sad, maybe worse.

There's a big difference between reading something and seeing it played out on screen. Spoilers have never bothered me or 'ruined' a movie, in my experience.

I guess people that hate spoilers never watch the same movie twice? I enjoy Godfather I and II the same now as I did the first time I watched them (probably more).

Last edited:

Lots of people. And there's nothing wrong with it.

We all want to be wowed. Some of us want to be wowed just a bit, without having any of the information that might 'ruin' the experience.

That's why they make trailers.

However, that's certainly not what this thread has turned into. I've notice that the OP has all but disappeared. That's weak.

Whatever her intentions were by starting this thread, she took her ball and went home. So basically, most of us are just keeping it going to see if anyone responded to anything we said. That's the DEFINITION of a 'dead thread.'

But it's YOUR thread, Darth Skywalker. Own it. This ENTIRE forum is the wrong place for thin skin.

Props to everyone who have remembered to use 'spoiler tags.'

:exactly::goodpost:

Hm, I think avoiding them like the plague (especially avoiding them in threads dedicated to said movies... *slaps forehead*) and blaming other people for spoiling your experience is just as sad, maybe worse.

There's a big difference between reading something and seeing it played out on screen. Spoilers have never bothered me or 'ruined' a movie, in my experience.

I guess people that hate spoilers never watch the same movie twice? I enjoy Godfather I and II the same now as I did the same the first time I watched them (probably more).
Finding out some spoilers is completely different to stalking the internet to find out everything single thing that happens in the film. That's like an obsession.

All this thread seems to me is one person bragging that they've seen the film early and someone else claiming they haven't because they've read every spoiler possible and know just as much lol.

Movie is out tomorrow so many of us will have seen it anyway and not long after this thread was created.

OK, see where you're coming from now. Yeah, I'd agree that coveting and doling out spoiler info is lame. Just post it and let whomever wants access to it have it. The idea of say getting info only via PM or whatnot is unsavoury, for sure.

Misread your post, SW, sorry. No good ever comes from talking about spoiler-politics on this board, it seems. :p

And yes! Hooray, movie is out soon. All this stuff will be left by the wayside shortly.

I don't know why that would be some reference to face though. It's not even the only time that happens in the film.

And to those asking why I spoiled the entire movie for myself, it's because I knew the US was getting to see it 24+ hours after a lot of places and reviewers and I need to be on the Internet for work. Plus it's something I've been involved with since AotC. I'm the kind of person that needs to know everything and if I don't I get anxious and have to research it. If I went into the theater not knowing context of what I am seeing on the screen I would get distracted trying to over analyze stuff as it happens. This way I can just go and enjoy it for the first of a hundred times.

That and I have absolutely no nostalgia for movie theater experiences. I saw the prequels and OT special releases in theaters and the only one I really remember is Revenge of the Sith and it was because I had a bad cold at the time.

It might be the 370 posts in 2 months, most of which seem to ooze this smug, "I know something you don't know" attitude about the movie that would tend to have people think you've got inside information, as opposed to the reality that you're really just some guy with way too much time on your hands, scouring the Internet for information about a movie, and posting on an adult toy forum while at work.

I'm sure you're not getting paid to unmask the secrets of Star Wars.

If you're the kind of person who doesn't realize what you're posting is irritating, then you clearly aren't as smart as you think you are.

It might be the 370 posts in 2 months, most of which seem to ooze this smug, "I know something you don't know" attitude about the movie that would tend to have people think you've got inside information, as opposed to the reality that you're really just some guy with way too much time on your hands, scouring the Internet for information about a movie, and posting on an adult toy forum while at work.

I'm sure you're not getting paid to unmask the secrets of Star Wars.

If you're the kind of person who doesn't realize what you're posting is irritating, then you clearly aren't as smart as you think you are.

Or. Stay with me here. This is going to get wicked complicated; I'm here because I collect Hot Toys figurines.

If hypocrisy was a flavor I'd turn your post into Jello.

Why are you arguing about a movie you haven't seen either? You have no insider knowledge. Anything you know has been trolled on the Internet. Something we all could do, if we had the time, inclination, or wanted to ruin our experience of seeing the movie for the first time.

It isn't complicated at all. Someone is paying you to work, but instead you spend your time cruising the Internet looking for spoilers, so you can look smart on the Internet. then you smugly talk about it in a place where the majority of people would rather not have their experience spoiled, and who would probably rather just talk about the figures before the movie is released. . I wonder how you think that's working out for you. If you were as smart as you think you are, you'd come to a different conclusion than you just did. Carry on then. Some people can't be helped.

Why are you arguing about a movie you haven't seen either? You have no insider knowledge. Anything you know has been trolled on the Internet. Something we all could do, if we had the time, inclination, or wanted to ruin our experience of seeing the movie for the first time.

It isn't complicated at all. Someone is paying you to work, but instead you spend your time cruising the Internet looking for spoilers, so you can look smart on the Internet. then you smugly talk about it in a place where the majority of people would rather not have their experience spoiled, and who would probably rather just talk about the figures before the movie is released. . I wonder how you think that's working out for you. If you were as smart as you think you are, you'd come to a different conclusion than you just did. Carry on then. Some people can't be helped.

Let's clear some things up.

1) I never said I have insider knowledge, but I hate to break it to you but the entire plot leaked months ago.

2) "Cruising the internet" is a weird way to describe going to a few bookmarked sites.

3) I have no idea what you are even talking about. Are you under some weird false impression that I spoiled the movie on this forum? Because that didn't happen. This is what happens when you drive by post in a thread.

You must have no idea how you come across to others. Or you don't care.

To give you the benefit of the doubt, I decided to go back and just make sure my impression of you wasn't confused. So I looked up your content. Aside from the sheer volume of posts just in this, the Kylo Ren, and the Spoilers thread alone in the past 2 weeks, coupled with the content of those posts, the number of times you alluded to things you haven't seen, and the tone of the posts, I was easily able to confirm my impression.

I guess people that hate spoilers never watch the same movie twice? I enjoy Godfather I and II the same now as I did the first time I watched them (probably more).

:exactly: I don't care about spoilers, never did - though I also understand the others who don't want to know anything about a movie (or a book) before. It might be a remnant of the old times here when it was hard to get to watch a good movie, or maybe because besides the action itself I want to understand the reasons behind the characters' action or more recently to look at the props/ships etc. in those scenes. If I know what is going to happen, I'm getting prepared for that particular scene and can watch it carefully the first time, following what is going on, and even how the acting is. Whatever the reason is I enjoy a movie as much as if it is spoiled or not, knowing what is going on, doesn't diminish the pleasure of watching it (or reading that book).

4.15am Australian Eastern Standard Time - just returned from the midnight screening - surrounded my 750 other geeks in our cinema, and a couple of thousand in the complex - and I can tell you all, OP was 100% correct.

A few apologies may be in order?

There was about 40 in our group, and initial reactions were mixed.

Personally, there were parts I liked - others not so much.

Back