The Force Awakens - Figure discussion (with SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting to agree. Ultimately, this is a kids movie, tis the season to lighten up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think this movie was what adults wanted for a Star Wars movie. This was NOT a kids movie. It was rated PG 13, there was blood (no blood in nolan's batman, previous Star Wars or marvel movies), they gun down innocent villagers nazi style ( again not in previous mentioned titles), this was a darker movie than epIII which many parents have STILL not allowed their children to see, Han Solo dies graphically.

This was not a kids movie. If so we would have left happy and my children would still love Star Wars. My son who dressed as Han Solo every day this summer wants nothing more to do with Star Wars. Why would a young boy want to pretend to be Han Solo after that? What character replaces Han Solo? Not anyone I saw in the film. Again good movie for adults BUT NOT for children who have seen the originals and liked animated clone wars and rebels.

There shouldn't have been due to it being a lightsaber wound, but there was blood when Obi-Wan cut off Ponda Baba's arm in ANH. And the Wampa had blood from the Taun Taun on it's mouth and fur in ESB.

Out of curiosity do people really think Phasma is dead? I've seen a lot of people suggesting that she was created solely for marketing and that her being dead confirms that. But I don't think Phasma is dead at all and that seems fairly obvious considering we didn't see her die on screen. I really doubt they would show her off the way they did and then kill her in a trash compactor off screen. Other than that I'm excited for some of the figures that will be coming out of these movies! I was pretty set on sticking to just original trilogy figures, but I don't think I can resist Finn and the eventual Poe Dameron!

Here's a question:

Why did Leia hug Rey (and so intimately) when Rey came back on the Falcon. They had never met in the movie until then. Leia only knew Finn wanted to go rescue a 'girl'. It doesn't really make any sense within the confines of the movie.

Thoughts?

I can't see Luke living through all this. I want him to but I don't think he will, and that is just fine as long as he gets a proper send off.

Here's a question:

Why did Leia hug Rey (and so intimately) when Rey came back on the Falcon. They had never met in the movie until then. Leia only knew Finn wanted to go rescue a 'girl'. It doesn't really make any sense within the confines of the movie.

Thoughts?

I feel like they hugged each other. To me it felt like Leia was looking for Han and when she saw that no one else was behind Rey she knew he wasn't coming back. Rey realized that Leia was looking for Han and so they both went to comfort each other.

Here's a question:

Thoughts?

It was misplaced, should have Chewbacca....

BUT I will say that since Rey is Luke's daughter, Leia's hugging her seems like a "family bloodline" hug to me that will play better once we all understand that Rey is Luke's daughter.

BUT I will say that since Rey is Luke's daughter, Leia's hugging her seems like a "family bloodline" hug to me that will play better once we all understand that Rey is Luke's daughter.

I agree. It felt really weird that Chewie didn't stop to talk to Leia and instead chose to just follow the crowd and tend to Finn. I don't mind that Rey and Leia comforted each other but Chewie should have broke the news to Leia.

I think that is just logical. Hopefully Luke gets a proper ending with force ghost to follow. Leia can go at any time :rotfl

Han dying was logical but his death and the way it was handled was an issue for many. Leia and the droids can go next installment then Luke wrapping up the trilogy.

I feel like they hugged each other. To me it felt like Leia was looking for Han and when she saw that no one else was behind Rey she knew he wasn't coming back. Rey realized that Leia was looking for Han and so they both went to comfort each other.

I can kind of see that, but Leia already knew Han was dead (she felt it when it happened, right?). Plus she didn't even have a hint of "hmm I guess you are the girl everyone was talking about" in her reaction (could have just been bad acting though).

It definitely looks like they are heading that way, but seems like there was no Eureka moment in either of their faces or even a vaguely 'I feel like I know you' vibe.

I agree. It felt really weird that Chewie didn't stop to talk to Leia and instead chose to just follow the crowd and tend to Finn. I don't mind that Rey and Leia comforted each other but Chewie should have broke the news to Leia.

Leia was aware of Han's death but Leia and Chewie ignoring each other was odd. Then again...Luke lost his "parents" (Owen, Beru) in a brutal fashion has little reaction but a guy he meets hours before (Ben) dies and he wigs out and needs consoled by Leia. Unexplained handling of death is consistent in the movies.

I can kind of see that, but Leia already knew Han was dead (she felt it when it happened, right?). Plus she didn't even have a hint of "hmm I guess you are the girl everyone was talking about" in her reaction (could have just been bad acting though).

When Han died she felt it through the force but its just a feeling not a concrete "The father of your child has died." So I'm sure she had that feeling of despair in her stomach and was just hoping when the Falcon and everyone came back that she was wrong. I don't think the scene had to do with Leia realizing that Rey was who they went to save and more to do with the fact that Rey was the only person still around to comfort her.

giphy.gif

Back