The Force Awakens - Figure discussion (with SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kylo, Rey, BB-8, Finn and Poe are the only new characters worth getting IMO. I can certainly skip Hux, Kanata and Phasma for now.

I'm personally waiting for (hopefully) Kylo v2 with the Driver sculpt and vader helmet. Also for them to hopefully announce a lighted saber for Rey as a bonus accessory on her figure with BB-8. Not sure if I would get Poe or Finn just yet.

I hope we get more of Maz Kanata in episode VIII. I like her.

I liked her as well. I heard a few people saying the voice didn't match the character but I thought Lupita's voice work was pretty good. I'm hoping we see Maz again in the next episode. I think I'd buy her figure, especially if Hot Toys produces Yoda. That would be a cool pairing on shelf.

Oh... as far as the dark side is concerned Kylo Ren's character is well done for sure. His emotion is more of what I wanted to see in Anakin's decline. He is the proper antagonist for the story to be sure. He is not my favorite character but he is well done and should not be killed off. I just don't like him because of what he has become and did in the movie. I do like this movie a lot - I'm just still dealing with Post Movie Tramatization. LOL

Haha. I am as well. Good commentary. I've been watching and reading....I agree with pretty much everything you said. I'm sorry to hear about how your family took it. I have to re-think the reasons our boy didn't want to see it twice now. At first, I thought it was because he rather play video games....but perhaps he really didn't want to see Han die again?

I assumed Phasma was going to be the next Tarkin-like military figure, but she was little more than an afterthought, IMO.

My theory here is they are setting her up perfectly to go on the hunt for Finn in Ep. 8 to get revenge. She clearly isn't super loyal to the order (at least not willing to die for them) but will probably blame Finn for everything that has happened to her.

Cancelled my Phasma order at BBTS. I assume they will make another. As cool as the figure looks, I don't feel the urge to get it now. Still hopeful for a Luke announcement but i assume it will be away if they are making one to avoid spoilers for people. Not sure how long that wait would be though.

Haha. I am as well. Good commentary. I've been watching and reading....I agree with pretty much everything you said. I'm sorry to hear about how your family took it. I have to re-think the reasons our boy didn't want to see it twice now. At first, I thought it was because he rather play video games....but perhaps he really didn't want to see Han die again?

Solo Bones - Good to chat with you again! I have returned to the forums because this is the best place for me to sort out my feelings. Ha

Cancelled my Phasma order at BBTS. I assume they will make another. As cool as the figure looks, I don't feel the urge to get it now. Still hopeful for a Luke announcement but i assume it will be away if they are making one to avoid spoilers for people. Not sure how long that wait would be though.

Good point about why the wait for TFA Luke. But with the leaked photos being out for awhile now there's really no good reason to keep holding off on releasing the pics and pre-order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't come close to agreeing with everything from DC1138's post, but it is well thought out and he has a strong argument.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This piece of entertainment was created by a giant multinational corporation in the year 2016 for a global audience.

It's not about "excluding white males" it's about including a global audience which, strangely enough, isn't composed entirely of white males.

Your problem seems to be with Disney's demographic and psychographic research that shows what's already there.

This is all assuming that one of your contentions is correct; i.e. that Disney was just checking boxes during casting.

Just because parameters exist doesn't mean there's no meritocracy. Boyega and Ridley appear to be fine actors that turned in objectively better performances than much of the cast in our beloved original trilogy.

And this quote from you:

" . . . Yet he turned out to be a cowardly, bitchy beta male, that fails all **** tests and gets instantly friend zoned by the main white girl."

How is a character that refuses to carry out orders within a brutal totalitarian regime, stages a daring escape and then goes on to fight, defend and rescue his friends in the face of probable to certain death, read as "cowardly"?

You also wrote:

". . . you cannot create a believable hero in a female form"

So you're either:

(a) Trolling
(b) Lack a great deal of experience
(c) Lack intelligence
(d) Have failed to employ critical thinking

But hey, enjoy your views.

this site is nothing but trolls. have fun in your miserable lives. xx

I think whoever brings it up thinks about those issues more and are actually themselves, racist or sexist or ageist...

Kylo was awesome. So angry about himself, so believable amateur. I'm really looking forward to Snoke continue his training.

This so so much! I really loved his character, he's still learning to be evil. So glad to see him be treated properly and not like Lucas did with Maul, who had so much potential.

I'd love to get the Kylo HT but swore to stick to Figuarts for SW. I'm still all in on those!

Back