The Force Awakens - Figure discussion (with SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The theory that Rey might be Luke's daughter might be somewhat correct. Anyone remember the scene where Rey puts on the X-Wing helmet?

I don't know how she got it, but it has the same marking that's on Luke's helmet.

Were there people that actually doubted that theory? And they still do?

Your "people" is based on the amount of users on this board?

The helmet might not mean anything as there was a battle on Jakku on the Battlefront game, not sure if it's canon. It might be someone else's helmet.

Anyone remember the scene where Rey puts on the X-Wing helmet?

I don't know how she got it, but it has the same marking that's on Luke's helmet.

I don't think it has the same markings.
I'd assume it was a relic of the battle of Jakku.
sw_prop_35-1024x768.jpg

Just a thought. I find Jedi to be a tad hypocritical. Yoda first asks Obiwan if he will finish what he starts and also tells Luke to do or do not. Yet in RoTS, Yoda attempts to defeat the Emperor one time and then just gives up. Where's that finish what you started idea there? And now in TFA, one of Luke's students turns to the dark side and murders the students. So what does Luke do? He does the same as Yoda. He runs and hides. Wouldn't a jedi have a responsibility to stop such a madman? Especially if he were the last remaining jedi that could do so? Seems like none of the jedi seem to think they have any responsibility to do something regarding the sith except sit in a chamber and discuss it. In this respect, i have a higher respect for Dooku because he saw the same hypocrisy and at least did something about it. Mace seemed willing to act but his monologue ruined his opportunity.

With how powerful and quickly she picked up the force Rey might've been conceived by the will of the force, like Anakin.

With how powerful and quickly she picked up the force Rey might've been conceived by the will of the force, like Anakin.

GTFO.
And that above highlights the weaknesses in the pt. it explained things that simply didn't need explaining but didn't explain properly stuff that needed to be explained. Like anakins fall which was not handled well at all.

The pt to me was also poorly edited and done a great disservice by the decision to make anakin so young in the first one - whic was a late decision.

The ot is not prefect by any means but the prequels and sequels are both written in a different time with the hindsight that comes with that.

Tfa. Too much rehash. Too much feels unneeded. Star killer planet killer thing. Why? It does nothing of note save destroying a moving senate that we don't know anything about. I would have preferred them to be a small but efficient force attacking a now complacent republic.

I would also have loved them to have old tech - original stormies etc like a old resurgent empire

And hence the need for a force user.

I will freely admit I was gutted by the decision to torch the old eu despite there again being loads of issues with it. The early stuff had massive holes in it and wince you reach new Jedi order and legacy I didn't like the return of the sith and that frankly ridiculous creation abeloth.

But that was a desire to make everything fit rather than ha ing the legacy comic book series just be a what if

The film was beautiful and I think much of it was well made but the story was poor.

Rogue one looks interesting.

So off I went for a 2nd viewing without any thoughts of the OTs and viewing it as a movie on it's own hoping to clear some of the disappointments I've had.

In the flashback, Kylo actually saved Rey. There a glimpse of 6 other guys with Kylo, the Seven Samurai? :lol

Rey did not chopped off any parts of Kylo other than scarring him facially. She knocks off his lightsaber by hitting the hilt hard and not chopping off his hand.

Both Rey and Luke are very emotional when they met, I'm not sure what this meant. When Maz told Rey that the lightsaber belongs to Luke, she doesn't bat an eye. Perhaps Luke changed his name prior to the birth of Rey, a similar fashion to Obi-Wan.

Whether it's the same or not, it's another point of connection.

Watching the film now...

With her sitting by a destroyed At-AT (reminiscent of Luke's battle on Hoth), wearing a rebel pilot's helmet very similar to one worn by Luke, dreaming of escaping her dreary existence on a desert planet, the clues are seeming to point very clearly to her being his daughter. Or it's simply an allusion to Luke's life - yet the Force is strong in her, and Luke does state, "The Force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power, too."

She has to be be. Doesn't she?

"Family" and "you" in the same sentence.

While he could mean Leia, I feel the implication is that he means himself. Father, sister, daughter?

She's got also a small Rebel pilot doll.

The hug at end should have been between Leia and Chewie! Chewie passed by Leia like nothing happened... That bothered me.

Also, not a single homage to HS. He is a Hero! Maybe they will address that in episode 8 or 9....

The hug at end should have been between Leia and Chewie! Chewie passed by Leia like nothing happened... That bothered me.

Also, not a single homage to HS. He is a Hero! Maybe they will address that in episode 8 or 9....

We're being force fed (no pun intended) with rubbish.

Back