The Force Awakens - Figure discussion (with SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I realised he was a projection, I thought awesome a smart giant alien is neat and new. Great Hot Toy too. Tricked me good.

Haha I was thinking "surely that guy can't be that big, how's a Jedi going to beat that! " lol Thankfully it was revealed as just a projection.

I imagined an acrobatic sword fight with a giant. I so wanted to see that...
Loved how the Falcon was always tossed around like a skimming stone.

I'm hoping they do a baby Groot on us.
lukeesbbig.jpg

I actually had to think about when he lost it. Then more things fit into place.

Awesome movie and an excellent start to the new trilogy. Really loved everything about it. Ready for round 2!! :D

The theater totally punked every one of us tonight. First they played the Star Wars preview, IN Star Wars. That should've been the giveaway there, but next thing we know In The Heart of The Sea is coming on! :lol Thought there was going to be a riot. Took em about 20 minutes to get that straightened out. I was totally waiting for Ashton Kutcher to pop up on the screen or something.

It sucks that we won't get to see the Han, Luke and Leia back together. But shouldn't this trilogy have started when Ben turned evil under Luke? That seems like the larger story than looking for a map of Luke's whereabouts.

The handover was fantastic. Pitch perfect send off. Except a couple things Chewie does maybe... can never tell what aliens are thinking. Can't have three old Ben Kenobi's being the adventure party for the new generation of kids.

So um Anakin's lightsaber, someone refresh me where that came from. I forget episode 2 & 3. Phasma should have revealed the lightsaber stick thing though.

I seemed to have missed the bit where Luke trained him. Was that why he went hermit?

Now that we've seen it, what will you buy from the figures already previewed?

For me:

Kylo Ren - wish it was complete with headsculpt and Vader helmet
Captain Phasma - She didn't do anything but she looked cool.
Stormtrooper 2 pack - Officer and Regular
Rey and BB-8

I wish i could go all in like with the OT figures but HT are making too many too fast :(

I enjoyed it but for me there was a big missed opportunity. They should have cut the Kanja/Guavian scene completely and replaced it with Han sitting down with Finn and Rey and explaining what happened after the Empire was defeated. Could have even had some flashback stuff showing the epic Jakku battle. I would also have preferred to hear from Han about how his son turned to the dark side rather than Snoke just mentioning it..

Haha I was thinking "surely that guy can't be that big, how's a Jedi going to beat that! " lol Thankfully it was revealed as just a projection.

I was bummed when I realised it was a projection. It was one of the elements that broke the spell for a moment... Why does a projection have to be viewed in a big chamber? I guess his PA devised the output specs to be in keeping with his authority.

I enjoyed it but for me there was a big missed opportunity. They should have cut the Kanja/Guavian scene completely and replaced it with Han sitting down with Finn and Rey and explaining what happened after the Empire was defeated. Could have even had some flashback stuff showing the epic Jakku battle. I would also have preferred to hear from Han about how his son turned to the dark side rather than Snoke just mentioning it..

Yes the scenes on the freightor with the Rathtars felt straight out of Star Trek, not Star Wars. Same with the Maz Kanata stuff.

Well, seeing the movie changed which figures I'll pick up if they release all of these.

Kylo Ren - Pre-ordered, but really wish he had the unmasked head sculpt and Vader's head. Huge missed opportunity.
Stormtroopers - Have the first two pack ordered. May pick up one or two more. Riot Control Stormtrooper is top of that list.
Snowtroopers - Weren't in it very much, so may skip them or pick up one.
Phasma - If she is going to be in the sequel probably wait until then to pick her up, since her role was rather small.
Rey, BB-8 & Finn - Definitely going to order them.
Poe - Undecided.
Han - Definitely picking him up.
Leia - Undecided.
Chewy - Don't know that I need another one, but would look good with Han.
Luke - Probably wait until the next movie when he has a bigger role.
Maz - Possibly

Not sure beyond those if there is anything I will pick up.

Last edited:
I'm so angry with Kylo Ren, it was a pretty scary character I was excited to get him after seeing the movie but I need to calm down first I'm still pissed lol.

I'm of the opposite opinion. That kind of exposition would have felt very forced to me, and I like the feeling of joining events as they unfold without knowing the why of everything. That much is very OT Star Wars.

I'm so angry with Kylo Ren, it was a pretty scary character I was excited to get him after seeing the movie but I need to calm down first I'm still pissed lol.

Well this is the issue. I generally like scenery-chewing bad guys, going around being gleefully bad. But Kylo crossed the line and he's ... well ... really bad. I just want his character dead except that won't change anything.

Back