The Force Awakens - Figure discussion (with SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need clarification...was that Coruscant that was destroyed by the Starkiller? The movie didn't explicitly say, or I missed it.

Definitely getting Rey & BB8, and hopefully they release the old folks.

Hopefully we see the big three from Hot Toys sooner than later. I'm in for Most everyone but the Flametrooper. I really liked Poe, Rey and Finn which was my biggest fear going in. I also felt they did a ton of parallels with A New Hope, which actually played off rather great.

What's everyone buying then after seeing the film?
Everything. :lol

My question is, is Rey Luke's daughter?

Probably.

Luke never had a daughter. Only a son, Ben Skywalker, with Mara Jade.

My guess is Kylo Ren is actually Jacien Solo, son of Han and Leia, after killing his father Kylo would eventually become Darth Caedous.

EU not cannon, anything can happen. Those stories mean nothing now.

So i just got out. This movie makes me really want Rey, BB8, and Kylo Ren. It also makes me not even remotely want Phasma. What a waste she was.

She will be back most likely.

I need clarification...was that Coruscant that was destroyed by the Starkiller? The movie didn't explicitly say, or I missed it.

I would like to know this to.

Just got out of the movie and loved it. Even though Luke didn't say anything, he is my most wanted figure. He looks awesome in the lighter Jedi robes.

BB-8 was a lot of fun and planned on that set already anyway.

Kylo Ren is already ordered and I want a 2.0 with Vader helmet and scarred face.

I am re-thinking Phasma. Still undecided on Finn.

I would actually like a Snoke figure as well.

If Rey isn't Luke's daughter, I would find that to be a bit strange. The reaction she had to Luke's lightsaber seemed like it was more of a family connection than just that of the force. It was like she was the rightful owner of that lightsaber as it had been her father and grandfather's in the past.

Of course it seems kind of cruel that she would end up left behind on Jakku, but it could have just been for her protection. I can't imagine that anyone else would be aware that she is Luke's child, if she is infact his. Ren certainly didn't know about her and Leia and Han didn't seem to either. So it could possibly be just a red herring and Rey is no relative at all to the Skywalkers.

I did like the new characters more than I thought I would. At first I didn't think I'd care about any of them except the OT characters, but I think Rey and Finn were interesting and were good additions to the story.

Ren certainly didn't know about her and Leia and Han didn't seem to either. So it could possibly be just a red herring and Rey is no relative at all to the Skywalkers.

I actually thought the opposite. I got the sense that Han and Leia both knew. When she told Han her name, it seemed like he knew something at that point.

I actually thought the opposite. I got the sense that Han and Leia both knew. When she told Han her name, it seemed like he knew something at that point.
Perhaps. I really wasn't sure after Han told her that she knows deep down whoever left her on Jakku was never coming back.

When Leia welcomed her with a hug I was thinking she was going to tell her, but nothing was said.

The truth had to have been kept from Kylo though, he believes Luke is the last Jedi. Perhaps if Rey is Luke's child she is believed to have died when she was young.

I'm not certain how long it has been since Kylo turned against Luke. It appears Luke has been missing for quite a long time.

Perhaps. I really wasn't sure after Han told her that she knows deep down whoever left her on Jakku was never coming back.

When Leia welcomed her with a hug I was thinking she was going to tell her, but nothing was said.

The truth had to have been kept from Kylo though, he believes Luke is the last Jedi. Perhaps if Rey is Luke's child she is believed to have died when she was young.

I'm not certain how long it has been since Kylo turned against Luke. It appears Luke has been missing for quite a long time.

I agree with what you say about Kylo not knowing. I also thought Leia was going to say something during the hug but the hug itself made me feel like Leia knew. Maybe I just want it to be.

I wasn't sure but did Han call Kylo, Ben? Was i hearing things?

I agree with what you say about Kylo not knowing. I also thought Leia was going to say something during the hug but the hug itself made me feel like Leia knew. Maybe I just want it to be.

I wasn't sure but did Han call Kylo, Ben? Was i hearing things?
Yes, I heard Ben as well. Is he named after Obi-Wan?

The prequels contained the heart of what it is to be a Star Wars movie. TFA is the body, in that it fixed everything that was wrong with the prequels but failed to capture that core Star Wars essence. I wanted chills to riddle my body or be bathed in a pool of nostalgia but for me it just wasn't there. Perhaps it was the time gap in the story, the real life time gap, or the fact that the movie was so reminiscent of what made the originals great without creating its own identity. TFA felt more like a stepping stone for the new cast and avoided taking any risks with the story. I was however thoroughly surprised by how much I enjoyed the new characters, Rey in particular.

The prequels contained the heart of what it is to be a Star Wars movie. TFA is the body, in that it fixed everything that was wrong with the prequels but failed to capture that core Star Wars essence. I wanted chills to riddle my body or be bathed in a pool of nostalgia but for me it just wasn't there. Perhaps it was the time gap in the story, the real life time gap, or the fact that the movie was so reminiscent of what made the originals great without creating its own identity. TFA felt more like a stepping stone for the new cast and avoided taking any risks with the story. I was however thoroughly surprised by how much I enjoyed the new characters, Rey in particular.

:goodpost::exactly:

Exactly how I felt.

Just saw the movie and loved it.

I would love to see a HT Luke, and surprised Captain Phasma was so weak.

I think this is the joy of the fandom with conjecture but the inclusion of Rey could potentially re-interpret the scene in ESB between Obi Wan and Yoda; where Obi Wan says "That boy is our last hope." And Yoda says there is another.
Originally this was obviously interpreted as Leia but as we see in the movie, Leia had little if anything to do with a re-establishment of the Jedi Order. So this other one that Yoda could have been referring to could be Rey, since it seems she and Luke are re-establishing the Jedi Order (scene at the end of the movie) because the first try was destroyed by Kylo Ren.
Now I'm not stating any of this as fact, but it's just good fun to think about and how it could tie in more with the original trilogy.
Also this theory could depend on Rey being a Skywalker or not. It seems she could very well be Luke's daughter but who knows.
I'm just excited :)

So.... about Snoke..... he can't be that tall as he was a projection. Making himself taller was just to come across as more imposing. I wonder if he will be made by Hot Toys though? I can picture him being 7 feet or so. I think he will be a tall character, just not that tall.

As far as other figure possibilities....

-Kylo Ren Battle Damaged with unmasked Sculpt and Vader helmet
-Resistance Fighter Rey with lightsaber
-Poe X-Wing Suit
-Stormtrooper Finn with Bloody Helmet and removable stormtrooper armor with black undersuit
-Han Solo
-Chewbacca
-General Leia
-Jedi Luke Skywalker
-C-3PO diecast
-R2-D2 diecast
-Maz Kanata
-Guavian Enforcers
-General Hux
-Special Forces TIE Pilot
-

If they do the droids, i hope they make them deluxe where you could change out C3PO's red arm or his silver leg from ESB. I doubt they would sell different versions of the droids with such little changes.

I can't imagine Yoda meaning there is another.....in about 35 years time lol

"Always in motion the Force is"
Haha I agree with you but one could reinterpret it differently. He could be seeing visions of the future. Again, just fun conjecture.

Snoke will be Yoda's size lol...that would be a surprise.

Can't see HT making a Snoke figure from this film. We only ever see his projection, which was ridiculously big, so we'll have to wait till the next film.

Back