The first rule about fight club is.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, no one actually has a VM Blondie yet, so we'll have to wait and see how it looks in hand. Personally, I'm looking forward to recieving mine. It's all a matter of personal taste.

To me this is more impressive than anything Hot Toys i own...

picture4u.png

Anyone that says Rainman's paint is lacking is frankly blind.

Yeah, that does look pretty damn good, no question there.

It's more a matter of likeness. It looks similiar to Tuco, but not necessarily exactly like Eli Wallach. Looks more like the character and not the actor, if you know what I mean.

Yeah I prefer the clothes on Rainmans ALOT more and the paint apps on VMs heads don't look that great. Amazing sculpt though.

Do note that Rainman doesnt make the clothings on his figures, Harue does :D

How about this? If you don't like a customizers work - stay out of the thread. Seriously.

Exactly, that´s what I think too.
It´s a perfect representation of the character. You see it and you know it´s the ugly but is not really Eli Wallach.
And the painting job is perfect!!
;)

Yeah, that does look pretty damn good, no question there.

It's more a matter of likeness. It looks similiar to Tuco, but not necessarily exactly like Eli Wallach. Looks more like the character and not the actor, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
shouldn't this be linked to the other fight club thread. these pieces by kojun and rainman are wonderful.for that kind of money where the 12 inch figure is limited to only 20 piees is cool for some. but not me. i would rather buy a couple 12 inch pieces fro that kind of dough. yeah i just repeated myself.they are works of art.. i am sure rainman before long will be working for hot toys..if not he or she should be..amazing job..wow..

Last edited:
This guy is just trying to et a rise ut of us. Really he's probably just jealous because he can't afford it or something.

I have to say I agree with Entropy about VM's Blondie. VM is a super talented guy is work impresses me a LOT but I have no idea ho on earth someone can say it's better or has a better likeness than Rainman's. I always thought it was sort of the same thing, those who missed rainman convincing themselves something else is better. there are parts of VM's I lik a lot more though like the vest and the jeans. I think the head looks a bit cartoon like and like Entropy said I think it looks unfinished and rough. All that being said if I did not have Rainman's Id really be proud to own that!

The point Im trying to make t get back on subject is that everything is, well subjective. Every single Hot Toy that comes out there is a guy saying its the worst likeness ever to counteract someone else saying its the best ever. Its interesting and it's debatable. These are sculpted by hand like Hot Toys. they are always amazingly detailed to some eyes, they will see what the artist saw in the likeness and recognize the character while to others they do not.

to say "at least, my collection looks like the actors" really becomes a moot point because a handful of people will look at it and disagree no matter who's collection is in question. plus its not hard to pull off a hockey mask's likeness anyway :)

y subjective opinion, anyone who says Rainman's "The Ugly" is not Eli Wallach is craaaazy. Its him to a T. Through and through. Though I will admit I found the likeness harder to see in the DF Studio's version. As for Clint I think i find the likeness actually harder to spot in the Rainman version. DF's is great, though the eyebrows may be a bit too skinny and I think he actually looks closer to a slightly older clint. Watch Joesy wales and you'll be amazed how close it looks. Both Rainman's and DF's the Bad looks just like him.

I think INAE's Likeness may be a bit closer on Brad Pitt but watch the film again and you'll see that we're used to seeing him now, 10 years older in all those damn tabloids at the supermarket every week, he looked a lot closer to what Rainman has done with him then.

This guy is just trying to et a rise ut of us. Really he's probably just jealous because he can't afford it or something.

pointed that out yesterday. :D

anyhow... his constant childlike rants about likeness and price has driven Rainman to revamp the sculpt for us. :chew

:lol You are right, I can't afford $650 to drop on an action figure.

Here is a simple equation that even someone like you can understand.

Woman + Home > Toys = Properly designating cash.

And another .............

Expensive Toys + Moms basement < Woman = No life.

:lol

I have to say I agree with Entropy about VM's Blondie. VM is a super talented guy is work impresses me a LOT but I have no idea ho on earth someone can say it's better or has a better likeness than Rainman's. I always thought it was sort of the same thing, those who missed rainman convincing themselves something else is better.

Or perhaps the people with Rainman's are trying to convince themselves it is better because they already dropped the big bucks on it.

VM's Blondie is the single best Clint likeness I have ever seen.

Although, I appreciate that aspects of the Rainman one are slightly higher class quality wise.

I think its great that artists like Rainman are out there and working. I really do enjoy the pictures of his pieces when they are posted. As far as tailoring, his work is second to none.

The leather jacket is certainly impressive. I wish he had included the sunglasses as well. My gripe is that he's a little lighter on accessories than the Gunmen, but Rainman did a new torso which is easy to overlook.

But I must admit, I'm a rabid Chucky P. (and David Fincher and Fight Club) fan. I have a few care packages and personal letters from Chuck that really inspired me and helped me through some difficult times that mean a lot. And I learned so much from his writing workshops. He's a great guy. So the figure kind of embodies that for me as well.

Last edited:
Back