The Fellowship is now complete

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, nice low number Josh! You must have done something to please the crew at SDCC if they supply you with such a low number :naughty

Btw, when taking pictures of your pieces, try and focus more on the piece instead of the background. The best thing you could do if it wont seem to work, is move the piece closer to the background.

Gotta love the 'ikkle' guy! And an ikkle number too!

While the statue represents Pippin being scared as hell, it's also of his finest hour, fighting for the defence of Minas Tirith. To me it captures two things in one - the growth of the Hobbits from innocents to battle hardened warriors. It's obvious here Pippin's not used to battle - but he's there anyway doing his best, doing what he should. Bravo Pip! :clap

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Josh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky 7 :banana
Mine is on the way..:p
Bill

Wow, nice low number Josh! You must have done something to please the crew at SDCC if they supply you with such a low number

Thanks its cool to get such a low number. I guess. :lol

Btw, when taking pictures of your pieces, try and focus more on the piece instead of the background. The best thing you could do if it wont seem to work, is move the piece closer to the background.

Yeah, the area where I had to take the pic probably wasn't the best for it. Not to mention I was probably too close that and I'm just not a great photo taker.

I agree with ya FE on that.

Thanks Bill. Yup, lucky #7

Anybody planning to post a picture of complete fellowships or complete hobbit statues? :dance

I can but it would be individual pics. I don't have the room at this time to do that kind of set up.

NICE!

Great # J!!!!:banana

I was not excited about this guy and after seeing your pics and Chucks, it really does not look all that bad, I hope, as I will find out on Tues................:banana :hat

Re: NICE!

Thanks M.

Yeah, its a nice piece it really is I think you'll be happy with it.

Here is a just a real quick put together pics of the Fellowship

It's nice to see the Fellowship but Pippin still looks out of place to me with the Gondorian armor.

Even if I get all the Fellowship members in statue form, I wouldn't have my Elessar (can't afford Aragorn) or Pippin posed with the rest of the Fellowship statues.

Mine will be on Wednesday when Pip statue comes to live with me. I will then have all 9 in both statue and bust forms -my initial goal. Happy feets! :banana :banana :banana

Yeah, he does look slightly odd among the others but I guess for me personally it just doesn't look odd enough not to do it. For me its more about they where members of the Fellowship than the "clothes" they have on.

Rumi I look forward to your reaction of actually having it since we both saw it at SDCC. I will say I'm jealous cause you have them in both forms. I need to get around to getting all 9 busts someday.

Josh

Congrats on the low #. Has anyone else on this board reported a lower number than that on a statue?

It would have been nice to have had a FOTR Pippin, in fact I would have liked to seen them issue a separate hobbit line from all 3 movies. Then you could see the transition from shire hobbits to much more mature and battle worn hobbits in their different garb and armor. The Merry and Pippin statues would have progressively been taller (ent juice), Bilbo's aging, the Ring's effect on Frodo, etc.

John :smokin

No interest.

I sold the other members of the fellowship because the FOTR version of Pippin was never going to be made...oh well.

I really wish I could have added him to the other eight members:

flong.jpg

He does look like that kid from Sixth Sense too.

Congrats on the low #. Has anyone else on this board reported a lower number than that on a statue?

Not that I know of but I need to look at the edition tracker to be 100% sure.

It would have been nice to have had a FOTR Pippin, in fact I would have liked to seen them issue a separate hobbit line from all 3 movies. Then you could see the transition from shire hobbits to much more mature and battle worn hobbits in their different garb and armor. The Merry and Pippin statues would have progressively been taller (ent juice), Bilbo's aging, the Ring's effect on Frodo, etc.

That would have been very cool actually. Sadly, the hobbits never really sold well even Pippin at 2000.

I understand Gruson but its a Fellowship either way but you wanted them from the first movie only. Its cool.

I agree. I was just saying that you wanted a FOTR version and I understand that but I'll take each member how I can get since they still acted in Fellowship during the rest of the trilogy. :toast

I'll have mine complete on Thurs.I will have Pip in oth Statue and bust. I have a bunch of the bad guys, butnthe good guys (especially elve and Roh.) are the best looking.

Back