The Fellowship etc

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how long the Pro's been in development and all, but this line has been dragging since Boromir shipped. Faramir was slow to come out and in ways was a tragedy, and then the Hobbits took forever. The number one thing this line needs to sell well is speed, which it doesn't have. New bodies will help, but if you wait to long to get stuff out because of it, people may not care anymore and that's the dangerous point this line is reaching, where no matter what happens with the product, some people will have abandoned the line and nothing will turn them back amidst other booming lines from SSC and booming companies with their own lines.

Excellent point regarding SS dragging this line and it's effects on collectors.

But to be honest, with this line dead, it doesn't mean that I'll be redirecting my cash simply to another SS line. I was a collector of the "LOTR 12in figures" so my other hobbies will simply benefit.

Holding out for the Pro wouldn't make much sense since the three remaining fellowship members would all use the new short body. Only way I see them holding out for the Pro is if we were getting Saruman or someone like that. But I know most of us would like to see the Fellowship completed before getting in to anything else. Those are the essentials. Anything else is a welcome bonus.

Completely agree I want the last of the Fellowship before anything else, perhaps only that... Gandalf is "on his way" then only a few more... sometime soon we all hope

Right, that's it! I've tried to be good. I've tried to be patient, but I can see another Scooby gang incident happening here.
I had to bang my head for years until we finally got a Giles and then half the Scooby gang was omitted from Sideshow's final Buffy releases.
As for Angel...don't even get me started.

Ah, the memories of frustration. The incomplete Buffy line is the main reason I no longer collect 12" figures. So disappointing. Good luck with this line, I hope Sideshow comes through for you guys.

Sorry guys. This line is 'for the moment' dead. The horrific sales of Frodo and Sam, have halted this line in it's tracks. You will be lucky as hell if you get 2 more hobbits. I'd honestly be surprised to see this line continue with the poor sales it's seen so far.

And this is not my opinion, but that of someone deep in the know with Sideshow.

I love these figures and hopefully as more news about the hobbit comes out people will get excited and that will help all LOTR lines. These movies deserve what SW has had over the last 30+ years.

I'll probably be verbally skewered for this...but as bad as I'd like to see the entire fellowship completed...I'd rather have a 1:6 Lurtz.

Sadly, I doubt if we'll see anything at all after Gandalf.

And that line had so much fraggin' potential....:monkey2

Sorry guys. This line is 'for the moment' dead. The horrific sales of Frodo and Sam, have halted this line in it's tracks. You will be lucky as hell if you get 2 more hobbits. I'd honestly be surprised to see this line continue with the poor sales it's seen so far.

And this is not my opinion, but that of someone deep in the know with Sideshow.

Someone explain to me how the sales of LotR 1/6" have been poor? Everything is gone except the ex. Hobbits and reg. Gandalf. Like I said before, when I ordered my Hobbits, there was around 30 left. Then all of the sudden there are alot more left and now the sales are bad. Something just ain't right.

Anyway, it wasn't too long ago that someone said just the opposite that supposedly came from someone "in the know" at SS. So who knows what the truth is anymore.

I just hope if this is the case, that SS doesn't get "The Hobbit" license and it goes to someone who will put alittle heart in it this time. If SS reads these boards, then it should know the interest still in this line.

It's a Hobbitses conspiracy!!! Where's that Warrioie guy or whatever his name is? :lol

I'll probably be verbally skewered for this...but as bad as I'd like to see the entire fellowship completed...I'd rather have a 1:6 Lurtz.

Sadly, I doubt if we'll see anything at all after Gandalf.

And that line had so much fraggin' potential....:monkey2

It sure does! They screwed the pooch so far with this line!

They need a good :thwak to wake them up!

The bigger mystery to me is why the hell haven't the hobbits sold out when they are awesome figs and superior to the rest of the line in almost every way. (imo)

And the ex is only 1500.

The bigger mystery to me is why the hell haven't the hobbits sold out when they are awesome figs and superior to the rest of the line in almost every way. (imo)

And the ex is only 1500.

Maybe they should've only made 1250 like they did for Gandalf.

How long does SS own the LOTR license on 12" for? Any chance these are being delayed to carry over into renewed interest with release of the Hobbit?

I am just speculating but one possible reason for the delay of GTG from SS could be that the Regular Edition is selling very poorly both on pre-order at SS as well as wholesale pre-orders from SS's worldwide Distributors.

This could in turn pulled the brakes on SS for the actual production go-ahead for GTG as well as announcements of other new LOTR 12-inch releases. This is because SS may be unwilling to commit to a low ES for the Regular Edition GTG and other new LOTR 12-inch Figures as it would seriously eat into the projected profits for these figures; in the worse case scenario, it may even mean SS losing money on the GTG and future LOTR 12-inch Figure projects!

Therefore, the delay of GTG could mean that SS is still waiting for more pre-orders, especially the wholesale pre-orders from Distributors to make it worthwhile from a business point of view to release the figure. I am not discounting the possibility that we may not even see GTG until early 2009.

As for the other LOTR 12-inch Figures, SS may no doubt have these projects ready but has since shelved all plans on them until they are sure that the market demand is there. Yes, many of us may be asking for LOTR 12-inch Figures but anybody reading this board will know that it is always the same few guys like us asking for the new LOTR Figures. The more business-critical decision for SS is not the few of us but the worldwide demand. Therefore, we couldn't really blame SS even if they slow down the line considerably or even put it on hiatus because I wouldn't wish for my favourite Company to close down due to bad business decisions!

All said, I will of course continue to buy any new LOTR 12-inch Figures released by SS.

Guys in my opinion the lotr line is dying because ss ^^^^ed up the legolas and aragon, i have legolas and am not really impressed, i only got him cos that was my favourite char, it beeing so bad has put me off getting the others, i dont know how faramir and boromir look but from what im told aragorn isnt that great either, dont get me wrong i LOVE lotr books and movies, and i will be getting gandalf because they look great and frodo and sam, but that is what has put me off the 12'' line i personally think ss could of done allot better than they have done, hehe please dont everyone get too angry by this post!

Back