The Fearsome Four: Who's your favorite slasher?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is your favorite slasher?

• LEATHERFACE (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • MICHAEL MYERS (Halloween)

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • JASON VOORHEES (Friday the 13th)

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • FREDDY KRUEGER (A Nightmare on Elm Street)

Votes: 15 28.3%

• Total voters
darth dyp**** said:
I agree...You gotta have a killer who can speak as well as thrill ya!

I enjoy the creepy, psychotic, relentless, silent killer guys. But only for a movie or two. After that, it the same thing with different victoms. The Halloween franchise had been done to death, which is a shame. Jason is New York, please. There are real people in NY that are scarier than him. Jason in space, need I say more. Freddy at least adds a different dimension to his franchise that the others just don't have. It makes the sequals seem less like reruns as the others are.

Jason is by far my favorite... even though he had repetitive sequels and they allowed that horrible movie Jason X to ever be made. I still think that the franchise could enjoy great life if only talented writers would give us something new to be thrilled by.

Halloween is the same as well.... Those movies scared the Hell out of me... except for H20 and beyond.... They lost the edge IMO. I'm very excited that Rob Zombie is directing the new one... it should be fantastic.

I lost interest in Hellraiser after part 3, never really got that into it after that. Still horrifying... but not really my cup of tea.

Freddy is classic, but unlike the other killers he really cannot be played by anyone else but the original actor... so that gives him a certain shelf life that cannot be extended. The movies are classic, but near the end he became a little too funny and things weren't as enjoyeable as they used to be.

Yeah the endless sequels were really the deathnail of the characters respectability. But I'm sure it brought in the money $$$. However, for some reason I really like Leatherface... not a lot more than the others, but he's such a a brutal and strange character... not to mention he sqeauls!

darth dyp**** said:
I agree...You gotta have a killer who can speak as well as thrill ya!
And that's why I love Hellraiser! The first two films are the scariest I've ever seen. Something about the Cenobites is more believable then the Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers mythos.
I voted for Jason. I like Halloween, Chain Saw Massacre, and Elm Street, but Jason is just more interesting to me for some reason. :dunno

We need a new Michael Myers 1/6 figure Sideshow!

I voted:

dsc00991hg3.jpg

DarkArtist, I see you are familiar with fiberglassmasks @ eBay... :D

- J!

MicroJow said:
I voted:

dsc00991hg3.jpg

DarkArtist, I see you are familiar with fiberglassmasks @ eBay... :D

- J!

Oh yeah.... I love that guys work! I just bought the Jason IV hock above from him... I one day hope to complete the set, he's my favorite Hock dealer by far. :D

Do you post on the Friday the 13th Forum? That place is pretty cool too... not like this forum, but still cool for Jason freaks...

My fav. Slasher film is Halloween but they all go down hill from there

My fav. slasher series is Ft13th

My fav. Slasher is by far JASON

Freddy films for the most part are not all that great. The 1st two were good (yes I like part 2) because Freddy was evil. He did not return to that evil until FvsJ. TheFreddy in 4, 5, and 6 was just a joke a minute and they way Robert delivered the one liners in 5 and 6 was an embarrassment. New Nightmare had it's moments but the ending blew.

Orginal TCM is a classic and I loved the remake. Part 3 was OK. The other 2 are trash.

Of course all of this is just MHO.

Back