The Fear of Price Drops on Your Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration."

You can tie the value of something to the joy it gives you or to what someone else will pay for it. If you enjoy your figures for what they are (overpriced pieces of plastic :lol), then you'll have fun with them regardless of what happens with ebay prices.

If you get more joy out of watching the resale value of the figures, maybe you should approach it as a business instead of a hobby.

You can't control what market price of a collectible. Play with your toys and don't stress out over it ;)

Well I do love my figs, and after reading what a lot of you guys have said I've changed my outlook, but if I see one of my figs go up in price theres no way in hell I aint gonna be happy or scream a lil inside, however the otherside of that coin will also take place. lol

you should only worry about prices dropping if your only looking to sell these figures. I buy things due to the fact that I want them, not what they will be worth down the road. Collect because you enjoy the hobby not because your worried about how much they will be worth. If I all cared about was the money I'd be buying property instead of action figures.:banana

I would say that since you're a collector and not an investor the future price of a figure shouldnt matter one but to you. Get what you like because you like it and want to display, not because of its potential value.

I got my HT Wolverine for $160...could easily sell it for double or maybe even triple that right now but guess what, I couldnt care less. Its staying on my shelf until a better version is made. That's being a collector.

If you're worried about the future sale of a figure/statue then you are not really collecting but trying to invest and investing in toys is about as reliable as our economy.

Just my $.02...

Only thing you can invest in now is precious metal... government will screw up soon just like they almost did weeks ago and property values can go down (thats why the economy is in the toilet)

Back