The Expendables 2 - August 17, 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, violence. Action Essentials Blood Spatter (cgi blood)..or real squibs?

think most of it was CGI.

it had a very fitting 80s feel to it (apart from the CGI), which was exactly what i had hoped the first film would be like. totally OTT, and less of that shaky camera nonsense that hurt my aging eyes in the first one.

I saw cgi but there were some practical blood effects there also. It didn't bother me as much as it did in the first. The movie just felt more fun overall also.

Spoiler Spoiler:

CGI effects don't bother me. Just the action essentials blood crap.

But at least they did do some practical.

is there a reason they changed Arnold trailer version "I'm back" in the film? I didn't like it that much better.

Does anyone find it strangely amusing all these actors with such wrinkly faces or well weathered outdoor faces with such perfectly dyed hair? it seems to make them even most ghastly. Like Roger Moore.

Are they all having midlife crisis? it feels like I'm seeing all these old faces on screens everywhere with dyed hair. Or is that what modern men do now when they get a lot older? or rather the acting world. Big lips, plastic surgery, painted on or touched up eyebrows/beards/goatees? Stallone looks like he has touched up hair in this sequel.

I think Van Damme has to be up there with Moore looking the worst. The dyed hair just sticks out like a scary picture. Plus I've never seen Stallone look so exhausted. His eyes are shockingly tired. I'm not trying to sound critical but it's like seeing people age and go into serious denial.

However, I had only just seen the first Expendables last night. Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the sequel.

Does anyone find it strangely amusing all these actors with such wrinkly faces or well weathered outdoor faces with such perfectly dyed hair? it seems to make them even most ghastly. Like Roger Moore.

Are they all having midlife crisis? it feels like I'm seeing all these old faces on screens everywhere with dyed hair. Or is that what modern men do now when they get a lot older? or rather the acting world. Big lips, plastic surgery, painted on or touched up eyebrows/beards/goatees? Stallone looks like he has touched up hair in this sequel.

I think Van Damme has to be up there with Moore looking the worst. The dyed hair just sticks out like a scary picture. Plus I've never seen Stallone look so exhausted. His eyes are shockingly tired. I'm not trying to sound critical but it's like seeing people age and go into serious denial.

However, I had only just seen the first Expendables last night. Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the sequel.

Hollywood's largely to blame. I can count on one hand the actors that have pulled off the salt-and-pepper.

Hollywood's largely to blame. I can count on one hand the actors that have pulled off the salt-and-pepper.

And its generally just a better look to go natural. It works for Eastwood, but even guys who weren't "tough guys" in the past like Mark Harmon sport the grey well to get the grizzled look. Not to mention some of the others who let it go like Freeman and Terence Stamp, I think they look great grey and all.

And its generally just a better look to go natural. It works for Eastwood, but even guys who weren't "tough guys" in the past like Mark Harmon sport the grey well to get the grizzled look. Not to mention some of the others who let it go like Freeman and Terence Stamp, I think they look great grey and all.

Not everybody can be a Sean Connery, Sam Elliot or George Clooney. :huh

I agree though. It looks better than seeing the close-ups in 1080p with the temples showing through the dye. :lol Poor Craig Ferguson talked about how CBS used to make him dye his hair for the first few years of his show until he threw a fit about looking like a creepy old guy. :rotfl

Not everybody can be a Sean Connery, Sam Elliot or George Clooney. :huh

I agree though. It looks better than seeing the close-ups in 1080p with the temples showing through the dye. :lol Poor Craig Ferguson talked about how CBS used to make him dye his hair for the first few years of his show until he threw a fit about looking like a creepy old guy. :rotfl

And thats the problem, its like the bald comb over guy, you think they have to know, at least Ferguson said enoughs enough.

yeah, lots of inside jokes actually. looks they all just wanted to have fun with this one.

Spoiler Spoiler:

i have to say, i thought yu nan was terrible. her line delivery made the rest of the cast sound like seasoned de niro types, and that's saying something! and she wasn't even eye candy.

just saw the movie! I thought it was great. The action was fun and most of the stars get their chance to shine!

The movie is also funnier than i thought it would be. Not a bad thing at all.

My one dissapointment:

Spoiler Spoiler:

7/10. It was an awful movie. In every single way. But MY GOD. IT WAS SO FUN. I enjoyed it a lot.

Stallone, Willis, Schwarzenegger, and Norris on screen. Amazing. AMAZING!

Back