The Expendables 2 - August 17, 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who the hell watches this ____ for the story? :dunno I suppose you read Hustler for the articles, right? :lol

The story sucked but was easy to deal with.... the writting, the one liners, the acting and characters were pretty bad. Even Commando did a better job.

If Stallone just sat down, and wrote a bit...he'd crank it out fine.

I also thought the action was weak. And cheap. Very cheap. The CGI blood for an obvious PG-13 movie were just ugh.

Oh well. I'm still seeing this one. Stallone isn't a bad writer or director. So I have faith he'll do a better job.

The story sucked but was easy to deal with.... the writting, the one liners, the acting and characters were pretty bad. Even Commando did a better job.

If Stallone just sat down, and wrote a bit...he'd crank it out fine.

I also thought the action was weak. And cheap. Very cheap. The CGI blood for an obvious PG-13 movie were just ugh.

Oh well. I'm still seeing this one. Stallone isn't a bad writer or director. So I have faith he'll do a better job.

Stallone isn't doing the writing or Directing, only the acting. He came up with the story, but handed off the other jobs. I have a feeling that will help the movie. He won't be spread so thin.

The first movie ruled. If you came out of that film going 'oh man what a crap story, it was poorly written!' then you need to take yourself off to the indie cinema on the other side of town and watch the latest Oscar hopeful pap coz your testicles have withered up and fallen off.

The first movie ruled. If you came out of that film going 'oh man what a crap story, it was poorly written!' then you need to take yourself off to the indie cinema on the other side of town and watch the latest Oscar hopeful pap coz your testicles have withered up and fallen off.

Amen! Haha :rock

I wouldn't even approach saying this movie ruled. It was ok. I walked out of the theater really disappointed with this movie as it just didn't reach the hype I let myself have for it. Now, at home knowing what wasn't good in a few areas I did enjoy it more.

I wouldn't even approach saying this movie ruled. It was ok. I walked out of the theater really disappointed with this movie as it just didn't reach the hype I let myself have for it. Now, at home knowing what wasn't good in a few areas I did enjoy it more.

You both are just too young to appreciate what Expendables was. Case closed. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

You both are just too young to appreciate what Expendables was. Case closed. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

You would be 110% incorrect. At 30 years old I'm more than old enough to appreciate it for wanted to try and be. It tried to be 80's action and failed for the most part.

You would be 110% incorrect. At 30 years old I'm more than old enough to appreciate it for wanted to try and be. It tried to be 80's action and failed for the most part.

I'm not meaning any disrespect :)lol) but let's be honest here, at thirty, you would've just been being born during the genre of which this movie was paying homage. :lol

I'm not meaning any disrespect :)lol) but let's be honest here, at thirty, you would've just been being born during the genre of which this movie was paying homage. :lol

I still saw a ton of them back in the day and totally know what they were shooting for. It didn't hit that note for me this movie while fun is a passable knock off of the 80's action flicks I enjoyed as a kid.

I still saw a ton of them back in the day and totally know what they were shooting for. It didn't hit that note for me this movie while fun is a passable knock of of the 80's action flicks I enjoyed as a kid.

You just had to be there, to fully understand the mindset. :wink1:

I really enjoyed the first one and I'm sure I'll like this one as well. There are a few other guys like Carl Weathers and Kurt Russell, that I'd like to see featured, but sometimes you just can't get everybody.

I really enjoyed the first one and I'm sure I'll like this one as well. There are a few other guys like Carl Weathers and Kurt Russell, that I'd like to see featured, but sometimes you just can't get everybody.

I wouldn't hold out for Carl. He only cares about money, and unfortunately, thinks he's worth more than he is. :(

I wouldn't hold out for Carl. He only cares about money, and unfortunately, thinks he's worth more than he is. :(

That's a shame. I'm a fan of the man as far as his acting career goes. I'd like to see him in this. Still, it would be cool to see Tango and Cash reunited with Russell.

I forgot Michael Biehn. He'd be awesome as well.

What's the story with that?

Stallone wanted to add Weathers in some framed photos in Rocky Balboa. He also wanted to add some flashback scenes too ............. Weathers felt he should've gotten paid for that. :cuckoo:

Stallone actually called him "Apollo Greed" after the incident.

Back