The Expendables 2 - August 17, 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the silly movie references were just too much for me.

Arnold shooting a gun in this felt different than him shooting a gun in Predator or Terminator.

Maybe it was the Governor gap, I don't know.

But the I'll be back was horrible.

I don't think that was meant as anything more than a set-up for Church's joke, which was hilarious. :lol

I don't think that was meant as anything more than a set-up for Church's joke, which was hilarious. :lol

The comeback was decent, i'll give you that. :lol

But all of it combined, the Norris cobra bite, all of it just took me out of the movie.

Not even the cheesy 80s action movies had that many references in them.

Or did they :lol

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the 2nd one better than the first with drooling Mickey Mouse Rourke.

But that's not saying much. :lol

Last edited:
The comeback was decent, i'll give you that. :lol

But all of it combined, the Norris cobra bite, all of it just took me out of the movie.

Not even the cheesy 80s action movies had that many references in them.

Or did they :lol

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the 2nd one better than the first with drooling Mickey Mouse Rourke.

But that's not saying much. :lol

Look up the word "homage." :moon

Really I thought he was the worst the way he delivered his lines he was very rusty I'm a big Arnold fan but lets be honest here .

I thought so too, all their homages :)lol) just felt too forced.

Movie still had some decent action scenes though so it's all good.

Needed moar blood though with baddies being ripped in half from 50 cals. :tap

Crews needed to take his auto shottie back from old fart Arnold.

I agree it did feel forced like when they were trapped underground and trench came I'm back that was lousy .

Really I thought he was the worst the way he delivered his lines he was very rusty I'm a big Arnold fan but lets be honest here .

Needed moar blood though with baddies being ripped in half from 50 cals. :tap

Crews needed to take his auto shottie back from old fart Arnold.

medium_6419bcd6c758d34f2cfc124626c5d147.jpg

gal_fu_gu-353x.jpg

The references made the movie. It. It's a tribute. That's why the first was so bad. It was so straight faced, with a few bits of humor here and there. This kind of movie needs to be a self referential comedy.

Regrettably I thought 2 was awful. As in so awful that even seeing all these guys together on screen wasn't enough to make up for it.

I'm sure 3 will just be more of the same. I'll watch it but I'll probably cringe throughout.

Have to say part of what annoys me is the central Stallone/Statham pairing. Statham is not an old-school action man, I'm sorry. Sure hes great at what he does but for me he just feels like an imposter. It should have been Stallone and Arnie...or since Arnie was still in politics when the first one came out - Stallone and Willis.

Regrettably I thought 2 was awful. As in so awful that even seeing all these guys together on screen wasn't enough to make up for it.

I'm sure 3 will just be more of the same. I'll watch it but I'll probably cringe throughout.

Have to say part of what annoys me is the central Stallone/Statham pairing. Statham is not an old-school action man, I'm sorry. Sure hes great at what he does but for me he just feels like an imposter. It should have been Stallone and Arnie...or since Arnie was still in politics when the first one came out - Stallone and Willis.

You missed the point of it though. While 50% of it is showcasing badass geezers, the other 50% is showcasing upcoming talent that have the capability of achieving 80's-level badassery. The Stallone/Statham connection is crucial and key to that.

Back