The DIE HARD Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little Die Hard Origin Trivia, the inside scoop. Don't ask me how I know, I just know. :lol

Fox aquired or had the rights to the Roderick Thorpe Book "Nothing Lasts Forever" which was originally intended as a sequel for Sinatra's "Detective" way back when which Thorpe also wrote. Of course Sinatra never did it but it remained a viable property.

Anyway, back in the late 80s Fox asked Jeb Stuart if he would adapt it into a Screenplay. Jeb had just been hired by Disney for a project and was waiting to get paid before he started. Disney, being the slow payers they still are, took their sweet time so Jeb asked Fox when they needed it. Fox said their window was 6 weeks. And in that time Jeb reworked the entire project, created new Characters and wrote what we now know is the definitive Action film of all time. DeSouza contributed much of the slick dialogue and rewrites during production but Jeb Stuart was the architectual genius behind the Adaptation, Characters, Storyline, etc. :cool:

Last edited:
DSCN3323.jpg

DSCN3321.jpg

I will be doing another one soon, for my own collection. So keep a lookout for it. Will be pretty much the same with a few minor differences. :D

Bump this rockin' figure! Thanks Josh!

And Pjam: cool inside scoop!

Now I know what a TV dinner feels like...come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs.

GREATEST....MOVIE....EVER

comic.gif

When "Live Free or Die Hard" opened there was some talk of a fifth installment by the studio.

Does anyone know if this is going to happen?

You want a hardcore Die Hard fan? Here's me and Johnathan McClane

Yes, I named my dog John McClane.

I actually worked for John McTiernan when he was doing Last Action Hero, and he is an amazing director. While he was on the set, Spielberg called him up on the set of Jurassic Park and asked him how to do a shot. McT took time out and talked to him over the phone. That was the time where the studios were going to head to head with both films that summer. The original script of LAH was so much better but when the suits got involved they toned it down and tried to add more dumb comedy which McTiernan does not really know how to do. He is a very serious director. He was approached with X-Men but didn't get it and so after LAH bombed he focused on adapting Eaters of the Dead with Michael Crichton which was funny because a couple of years ago they were competitors and now they were working together. The original story they wanted to make was awesome, but then they fell out due to creative differences. I could tell that the era of the Mct Predator, Die Hard and Hunt was coming to a close. And now look, he might be going to prison. Pretty sad. Half the directors out there don't have near his talent. Now we are stuck with the Brett Ratners of the world. Bring back McT anyday.

Wow, saved this one from page 11!

Where are all those customs people said they wanted to post???

I'm planning out a KARL figure. Pretty easy, but I desperately need a good face sculpt. Any ideas???

Karls a tough one, you're definitely going to want something ratty and pissy looking, you could almost just use a crash test tummy for his brother, that guy was so wimpy looking, and interesting that they all wore regular clothes and that clown was in a sweat suit.

Karls a tough one, you're definitely going to want something ratty and pissy looking, you could almost just use a crash test tummy for his brother, that guy was so wimpy looking, and interesting that they all wore regular clothes and that clown was in a sweat suit.

Karl wore a black sweatsuit, while his brother wore a gray one. I guess the costumer wanted to connect them.

The black track suit I can get. The Steyr-AUG I can get. It's that bloody headsculpt that has been giving me trouble for years.

I may have to get a pissy looking German Dragon head and maybe add real hair -- Barbie's locks might work.

Wow, I never picked up on him wearing a sweat suit, guess being black made it a little more subtle, his clothes were baggy to though so I'm sure that helped, his brother's grey suit was like a body suit, kinda sissy look overall, I can't imagine anyone seeing that movie the first time and not expecting McClane to kick his ass.

If Gentle Giant made a Lucius Malfoy bust I could use it for Karl, more or less.

If they ever make a Die Hard 5, I hope they use Jason Issacs as the villain. He would have made Die Hard 4 so much better. You really need a cold, sophisticated villain (preferably British) to counterpoint John McClane's classic blue-collar American cop.

If Gentle Giant made a Lucius Malfoy bust I could use it for Karl, more or less.

If they ever make a Die Hard 5, I hope they use Jason Issacs as the villain. He would have made Die Hard 4 so much better. You really need a cold, sophisticated villain (preferably British) to counterpoint John McClane's classic blue-collar American cop.

Great choice.
Isaacs was great in The Patriot.
An underrated actor who should get more work.
Actually I wouldve preferred him as the new Bond.

I think this is a worthy bump.

I was scouring the web and came accross this, a Live Free or Die Hard McClain made by an HK artists, available to buy, only $77 too through ABC Express on ebay. I can't buy it right now, but if in a week or 2 there's one available I'll jump on this, probably best chance at something like this anytime soon.

BRUCE-3.jpg

Back