THE DEAD: Subject 245: Punk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exclusive or die. I haven't missed one yet, I don't intend to start now.

So guts in hand is exclusive? I think I can live without that since the price of this line just continues to accelerate.

The back of his jacket is just so great, I'm kinda sad it's on the back!

Since the exclusive only comes with the hand, it looks like I'm going to be buying the 1/6 replica Stratocaster soon that SD Toys released... anyone have any tips for weathering up a guitar?

I'll keep my regular edition, a bonus hand just doesn't do 'it' for me.

Since the exclusive only comes with the hand, it looks like I'm going to be buying the 1/6 replica Stratocaster soon that SD Toys released... anyone have any tips for weathering up a guitar?

If the body is wooden i'd just sandpaper the paint off the edges like in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0i-Yz4Cm4A&feature=related

If the body isn't wooden then you could just take some little dint marks out of the edges to make it looked bashed. I'm suprised the neck is still on my real guitar, i've bashed it so many times :D

man, i am getting out of this line. IIt kills me to do it so i am praying i cant sell my collection lol. My girl likes everything i collect, but the zombies. Since we are going to be sharing a small apartment soon, the dead have to go. Its a shame cause this is one of my favorite releases so far. She did say she would love to have a collection of Marvel LSBs so that cuts the pain a little bit.

COMPROMISE! There's no shame. Give her that frilly, pink bathroom in trade for keeping your zombies! :lol

I've decided I'm going to try and build this guy a little 1/6 Tattoo Shop diorama for him to hang out in front of - mainly, just for taking pics.

I've already bought some materials to get started. Honestly, I haven't been this pumped for a collectible in a long time!

anyone else notice he is on a buck?

Precisely. The sarcastic bastard in me wants to say:
Art S. Buck + sculpted mohawk + Sideshow Original (i.e. 0 licensing costs) = $75 ???!!!?

But seeing as how SSC would brush off a question like that, I'll rephrase. How does SSC justify the increasing MSRP for these figures when these specs pretty much mirror Patient Zero (minus the mohawk)? Yet this figure is $30 more? Did they buy the bullet belt at Hot Topic (sorry, couldn't resist some sarcasm).

I have the regular on preorder, can't decide on the exc yet. As the Punk is one that you can really have fun with with regards to customising i'm leaning more towards the standard version.

I have the regular on preorder, can't decide on the exc yet. As the Punk is one that you can really have fun with with regards to customising i'm leaning more towards the standard version.

I agree, I am leaning towards the regular edition myself.

test.jpg

Are we sure this figure is on the Buck? just looking at the spare hand on the base, that is a prometheus hand!

Well then someone screwed up on the order page... Because there it pretty plainly says "Art S. Buck" as the body..... (not that I mind. I think he looks fabulous).

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=3016

The Subject 245: Punk 12 inch Figure features:

* All new zombie portrait and 'hands'
* Fully articulated standard male body (Art S. Buck) with 30+ points of articulation

Oh the denial runs thick. :lol

Back