THE DEAD: Subject 245: Punk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SO . . .

What will be the next THE DEAD figure after the punk or will the THE DEAD line be taking a "pause"?

They'd be stupid to take that route. The Dead allows them to rehash just about all their 1:6 products, and slap them on a generic body. The cost is minimal and the profit margin high.

:lol Well, to give you an example, The Harbinger is wearing Belloq's shoes and the Butcher, Henry Sr.'s.

But didn't the zombies come out before those figures? The Butcher was definitely released before Henry Sr. In which case, it's the Indiana Jones line that's re-using parts from the Dead.

But didn't the zombies come out before those figures? The Butcher was definitely released before Henry Sr. In which case, it's the Indiana Jones line that's re-using parts from the Dead.

Just because a piece is released before another doesn't mean the pieces weren't sculpted in that order. Since The Dead line doesn't have to be submitted to LFL for approval I imagine a Dead release is much quicker.

I don't really give a ???? if they reuse parts I just want my next announcement already. Not having a 1:6 figure announced at Spook was a real shot to the nuts not to mention no 1:6 Spooktacular variant (which is tradition). At the rate of everything else being released and the fact that these cost almost as much as licensed items (at times the same), SSC cannot afford to rest on their laurels with this or else people will lose interest.

Yea my interesting in this line is slowly dying as well. I love my 1/6th zombies but I am not sure where I will go after the punk comes out. There are still some older ones I want before new.

lost interest... :lol

loser.jpg

I don't really give a ???? if they reuse parts I just want my next announcement already. Not having a 1:6 figure announced at Spook was a real shot to the nuts not to mention no 1:6 Spooktacular variant (which is tradition). At the rate of everything else being released and the fact that these cost almost as much as licensed items (at times the same), SSC cannot afford to rest on their laurels with this or else people will lose interest.

This seems to be across the board for me with orders direct from Sideshow. Right now I only have 4 pre-orders :google

And I think I only have 1 more figure (a regular version) on order elsewhere.

I love this line. These are the BEST zombie figures out there, without a doubt. Although I only have 4 in my collection, I look forward to increasing my Dead collection as the series continues. The Punk will definitely be an addition;)

I much prefer Sideshow takes their time and serves up quality Dead rather than lame variants or plain ho-hum designs. Ever since the 805/Babysitters debacle they have righted the boat for this line and knocked out some quality zombs. Hopefully they keep pushing the envelope with this line, and that the next is nice and gory. :)

I much prefer Sideshow takes their time and serves up quality Dead rather than lame variants or plain ho-hum designs. Ever since the 805/Babysitters debacle they have righted the boat for this line and knocked out some quality zombs. Hopefully they keep pushing the envelope with this line, and that the next is nice and gory. :)

I agree. Although I will most likely get the Punk, I was really looking forward to a more disturbing figure. The Harbinger has some work required to surpass

I agree. Although I will most likely get the Punk, I was really looking forward to a more disturbing figure. The Harbinger has some work required to surpass

really?..............i admired ssc for taking that on. a priest zombie?..............the only way to fail with that was the sculpt........& IMHO that was a home-????-ing run !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dont listen to me though, im a bit zombie biased......:monkey3

really?..............i admired ssc for taking that on. a priest zombie?..............the only way to fail with that was the sculpt........& IMHO that was a home-????-ing run !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dont listen to me though, im a bit zombie biased......:monkey3

I wouldn't go that far, it's not like you have a bunch of undead in your avatar or signature. :dunno

I guess I worded my comment incorrectly:eek:. The Harbinger happens to be my favorite figure of the series thus far. It will have to take a very disturbing figure to top that one on my list. The Punk is cool, but it doesn't surpass the Harbinger. The fact it's a zombified priest was an excellent idea to make it one of the more disturbing characters in the line

Back