The Dead poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which "THE DEAD" products are you most interested in?

• Total voters
I don't think that way. Most folks are able to be adult when talking about things good and bad. Therefore, I am quite able to tell the difference, but there are some posts or folks that go the other direction. As far as crazy referring to them as friends. It's not hanging out friends since I live in Missouri but a level of friendship/respect that has developed over the years. I mentioned it more as I will be respectful in how I talk about things.

I actually enjoy Josh's "apologist" posts because it balances a lot of the cynicism on this board. The crazy thing that is showed in his post above is the mention of becoming friends with many of them. Now Josh isn't Andy from Toy Story so he isn't talking about his figures, he is talking about the actual guys at Sideshow; Greg, Brant, Dusty, Chicky, Dennis, Alex, etc.

People have to understand one thing. The company is the company, it is an entity that is responsible for whatever decisions is made by its employees in charge of "future". Every company has fantastic employees as well as ____ty ones. Enron probably had people who were fantastic people to hang out with, same with AIG. Now Sideshow isn't anywhere near those companies but my point is that you can't justify decisions made or forgive everything a company does because you are friends with their employees. A critic against Sideshow is NOT a critic against those people.

Now Josh may or may not think of it that way, honestly I don't follow him around enough on these boards to speak definitively about it, but many people here actually do think that way and it becomes a problem when trying to discuss issues with lines, products and other things tha the company throws forth.

I think that is one of the biggest problems as well. Some people thing that criticizing the company is a direct assault on it's employees. We also see it in the HT threads where every time someone criticizes an off likeness, all the Yuli droolers start flaming.

This is the only poll thread that has been worth a damn in a long, long time. Thank you to everyone who has posted here. :duff

No interest in zombies in any format.

Who doesn't like Zombies?!

BTW, we all know that SS isn't a perfect company. Sometimes we feel the decisions they make are a little off, and sometimes their products don't come out as intended. We don't dismiss these things, and you know what...that's okay.

I understand that a lot of that comes because we spend a lot of our hard earned money with them, but I also believe that most have us have come to respect SS as a company. We enjoy them for what they do. There are a lot of good people that work there, who believe in taking good care of us.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out the flaws, just as there is nothing wrong with pointing out the positives.

Last edited:
The ES is key. I think they may be holding off on 1/6 zombies so that their perceived value rises in our minds. The reason I say this, and this is a complete guess, I could be (and am probably) totally wrong, is because the past couple zombies have been given away as prizes and/or have been sitting on the GC list for so long, that we expect these things to be free.

I'm drinking, so the rambling is about to continue...

Are we willing to pay $90 for a generic zombie? It would have to be a really spectacular zombie for me to put down that kind of money. $60 was the best price point for these things, but I fear it's simply not possible to produce quality limited figures at that price anymore.

I dunno, what do you guys think?

dragon makes well equipped 1/6th figures for 60 bucks.loaded with gear,body superior to ssc bodys. ssc can easily make a well equipped zombie for 60 bucks if they so choose

I actually enjoy Josh's "apologist" posts because it balances a lot of the cynicism on this board.

I wouldnt go as far as to say I enjoy them :lol, but I certainly dont mind them.

Josh is Josh, simple as that. I'd take 1,000,000,000,000 Joshs in place of all the pissing & moaning Spawn board rejects that have flooded this board in the last couple years.

Now then, back to business.

No 1/6 no care.

I do like dios but am out of the Dead lines for good. Will be neat to see what they come up with in the future though.

I respect Josh, and that respect comes from the fact that he has never backed down from his position. Ever. Since the first fights I watched him get into at Rebelscum, to the last fight he got into with Nam. I would rather read his posts than any of the whiners I've told off over the last five years, and that's a lot of whiners.

But he needs to stop telling them he'll pay $90 for Dead figures. :mad:

I respect Josh, and that respect comes from the fact that he has never backed down from his position. Ever. Since the first fights I watched him get into at Rebelscum, to the last fight he got into with Nam. I would rather read his posts than any of the whiners I've told off over the last five years, and that's a lot of whiners.

But he needs to stop telling them he'll pay $90 for Dead figures. :mad:

I don't think we've ever gotten into it. :dunno :lol

Come to think of it, I don't think Josh has ever said anything that you would find objectionable.

picture.php

Back