The Dead PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darklord Dave said:
I'm not a huge zombie fan, but I'm buying the 12" Dead. No real interest in a PF line though - let's save those for the licensed characters.

kind of what I was thinking...then again I'll never buy a PF figure ever so I really shouldn't have a say in this.

I have no interest in making The Dead a PF line. I'm thinking if SS sticks to making a variety of 12" Dead figures, they would have more liberty developing each figure-- like maybe a nurse zombie, cheerleader zombie, a priest zombie, etc. There would be much more love in The Dead line if that is the case.

Plus, I wouldn't mind having a Detolf cabinet full of zombies. You couldn't do that with a PF.

With the release of Subject 57 and limited re-release of Subject 5, this line has really got my attention now. I hope I see more releases. This would actually be the start of my first horror line to add to my SW, Marvel, and LOTR collection.

Boba Fett said:
Plus, I wouldn't mind having a Detolf cabinet full of zombies. You couldn't do that with a PF.

i think this is the best argument yet.

As of right now, I don't collect PF figures. If Sideshow started a Dead line of PF, I'd have to start collecting them. Then it would snowball into having to collect other PF lines. I shudder at the thought of how much I'd be spending to get PFs on the secondary market!

As for the discussion on Patient Zero, I was one of the fortunate few that bought one as soon as they went on sale. I'm a zombie movie fanatic and couldn't believe that Sideshow decided to release a zombie figure. It was a must have situation! If I didn't get Patient Zero then, I would have already bought it on eBay thru the secondary market. I think I would still consider buying one at today's prices, too.

I did miss the Doc exclusive. Like Buttmunch, I signed up pretty early for the waitlist. Although, I'm not as distraught if I don't get the exclusive since it does have a regular version. Plus, I prefer the green scrubs over the blue ones. Anyway, I could easily understand the desire to have the Patient Zero figure reproduced into a 'regular' version. Just to play the devil's advocate for a moment, I don't think a different shirt version would good be enough. I'd also suggest that it wouldn't contain the severed arm accessory either.

I really don't think we will ever see a Dead PF. They have a great thing going with the 12" line right now and it is really gaining some serious momentum with the recent announcements.

I'm sure a few people would like a Dead PF but I think the rest of us are more than content with the 12". There is no limit to this line and the possibilities are endless for other Subjects.

Oh how I can see it now " Sideshow releases new THE DEAD PF line and the exclusive version is grey & limited to only 25 pieces with the regular edition of only 50 pieces" Ahhh the horror of hearing everyone complain they didn't get it, what fun that would be!!!!

KeninMI said:
As of right now, I don't collect PF figures. If Sideshow started a Dead line of PF, I'd have to start collecting them. Then it would snowball into having to collect other PF lines. I shudder at the thought of how much I'd be spending to get PFs on the secondary market!

As for the discussion on Patient Zero, I was one of the fortunate few that bought one as soon as they went on sale. I'm a zombie movie fanatic and couldn't believe that Sideshow decided to release a zombie figure. It was a must have situation! If I didn't get Patient Zero then, I would have already bought it on eBay thru the secondary market. I think I would still consider buying one at today's prices, too.

I did miss the Doc exclusive. Like Buttmunch, I signed up pretty early for the waitlist. Although, I'm not as distraught if I don't get the exclusive since it does have a regular version. Plus, I prefer the green scrubs over the blue ones. Anyway, I could easily understand the desire to have the Patient Zero figure reproduced into a 'regular' version. Just to play the devil's advocate for a moment, I don't think a different shirt version would good be enough. I'd also suggest that it wouldn't contain the severed arm accessory either.

Good luck to you as well on the wait list. Sadly I prefer the Blue Scrubs. :eek: I don't think he will go has high as Patient Zero though since there is that other version of him.

Buttmunch said:
Good luck to you as well on the wait list. Sadly I prefer the Blue Scrubs. :eek: I don't think he will go has high as Patient Zero though since there is that other version of him.

No chance. The other variation will keep his price very low. I'm keeping both, there's enough variation to pose them together without even noticing they're the same figure.

Darth Loki said:
No chance. The other variation will keep his price very low. I'm keeping both, there's enough variation to pose them together without even noticing they're the same figure.

I hope so in case my Wait List doesn't come through. I too think they can be posed together. They could have always been twin doctors that wore different scrubs so everyone could tell them apart, right? :D

Darth Loki said:

Thats why I'm keeping both mine too.. After all the more doctors the better.

I Vote No to Dead PF... just keep the horde coming!!!!:chew

Back