The Dead PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a remake is a bad idea. That is what kills alot of other lines. (example hasbro Star Wars) When you remake it, it would make the original less of a desired item and instead of having that one special figure in your collection you would have just another variation of a common figure. Then what would be the point of getting the limited versions if they are just going to re-release it. Just my thoughts on it. That is one reason I stopped collecting the Hasbro Star Wars figures back in 99', too many repeats of Luke, Han, and Darth Vader.
Jim

I'm not so interested in PF Dead figures, but how about a 1:6 DEAD accessory pack?

Maybe the remaining upper torso of a victim covered in tons of bites, with chunks missing and a latex rubbery chest that opens with intestines hanging out, with a screaming (but now dead) expression on his face? >Laugh!< Even as I write this I can see it NEVER being made, but I still would want one!

jaakub said:
I think a remake is a bad idea. That is what kills alot of other lines. (example hasbro Star Wars) When you remake it, it would make the original less of a desired item and instead of having that one special figure in your collection you would have just another variation of a common figure. Then what would be the point of getting the limited versions if they are just going to re-release it. Just my thoughts on it. That is one reason I stopped collecting the Hasbro Star Wars figures back in 99', too many repeats of Luke, Han, and Darth Vader.
Jim

Well, we collect for different reasons. I buy things I want and could care less how many there are or how many people have it. The point is I want Patient zero. I will probably be able to afford the original at some point, but what about others that want a complete dead line? Should I wish to deny them that pleasure simply becuase I don't want my original version to become less desirable? Hell no, I'd never wish for somebody to do without something they want just so I can feel special.

But again, I understand that some people collect these figures for their potential future value. That is why I say make the new zero different. Heck, they could even call it Subject Zero as they're doing on the Dead page.

In any case, Sideshow, as far as I know, has never done this and probably never will...so no worries. :D

I'm not a huge zombie fan, but I'm buying the 12" Dead. No real interest in a PF line though - let's save those for the licensed characters.

i don't think a The Dead PF line will affect the value much.besides imagine how much better the detail would be.we could only wish that the value would go down on the 12 inch.

Hi,
I understand what you are saying. I don't collect figures for monetary value or future value, I collect them because I like certain figures. With that said I can understand people wanting to have it re-released with a slight change to complete their collections, but if the original is still out there you still don't have the entire line.

On a different note, I like the idea of PF Dead line. I don't collect PF figures (shelf space), but that might get me to start. I am tempted to start getting PF figures by getting the Jason and Freddy ones.

I think the idea of an accessory pack with victim parts such as heads and torsos is a great idea. I think companies underestimate what people will buy. If they make the flying things for Darth Maul (and they sell out) then why not a torso and head pack for the dead line. Great idea.
Jim

jaakub said:
Hi,
I understand what you are saying. I don't collect figures for monetary value or future value, I collect them because I like certain figures. With that said I can understand people wanting to have it re-released with a slight change to complete their collections, but if the original is still out there you still don't have the entire line.

On a different note, I like the idea of PF Dead line. I don't collect PF figures (shelf space), but that might get me to start. I am tempted to start getting PF figures by getting the Jason and Freddy ones.

I think the idea of an accessory pack with victim parts such as heads and torsos is a great idea. I think companies underestimate what people will buy. If they make the flying things for Darth Maul (and they sell out) then why not a torso and head pack for the dead line. Great idea.
Jim

If the dead hadn't become a line I would never suggest Sideshow re-release him. For me personally though i can't bare the thought of collecting the dead and always having that gap in my collection. Because there are only 300 of them at least a thousand people are always going to have to live with that one missing figure.

Badism said:
If the dead hadn't become a line I would never suggest Sideshow re-release him. For me personally though i can't bare the thought of collecting the dead and always having that gap in my collection. Because there are only 300 of them at least a thousand people are always going to have to live with that one missing figure.

This is very true. That is one of the reasons I also stopped collecting every Dragon WWII figure. I had too many holes in my collection from Cyber Hobby toys releasing cool figures in limited numbers in Japan. It can be frustrating knowing that there is that one figure missing from your collection.
Jim

I think what makes this different than say, a GG super rare bust, is that SS had no idea and took a real chance on the first figure. That's why they're are so few. They had no idea if it would sell since it wasn't based on any movie or character. That's kind of the appeal for me about this line, there are no restrictions on it. It's SS's brain child that they can do what they wish with. I remember the buzz before SDCC this year about a new 'Dead' figure, but it's almost tripled now that they've released a third. This line is gaining a lot of momentum, it's still TBD how such a limited initial release will play. Some may stay away because it's so hard to get that first one, but I think most can live without it. It's not like having a shelf full of Jedi with no Luke, or a Fellowship of eight. 99% of people won't even know if Patient Zero is there, the thing that sucks is we are part of the 1%.

Badism said:
That's why I said give him a different colored shirt or whatever. The original would still be the original, but those of us who now want to collect the dead line and missed the original zero could get our hands on the next best thing....ala Subject 57 and his blue scrubs.

The Dead is a line now and there are only 300 of the first figure. Most of us will never be able to have a complete set because of this.

I'm actually in a ironic situation. I have a Patient Zero, but missed out on the blue scrubs 57 because I was in a 4 hour long film class during the newsletter. I should be #1 on the wait list, but it is kinda ironic I have the first 300 figure and now I'm hoping to get the second. :eek:

Not sure how I would feel about a Patient Zero remake. I would love for everyone to have this figure, but another version would make be also buy the other version. Then once people get the second Patient Zero, they would want to go back and get the first to be complete and now nothing was solved, but perhaps only caused more people to want the other Patient Zero then there are now.

I hate to say it, but if you want Patient Zero bad enough, you'll pay ebay prices. I know I might have to to get the exclusive Subject 57 if my wait list doesn't go through. :eek:

Darth Loki said:
I think what makes this different than say, a GG super rare bust, is that SS had no idea and took a real chance on the first figure. That's why they're are so few. They had no idea if it would sell since it wasn't based on any movie or character. That's kind of the appeal for me about this line, there are no restrictions on it. It's SS's brain child that they can do what they wish with. I remember the buzz before SDCC this year about a new 'Dead' figure, but it's almost tripled now that they've released a third. This line is gaining a lot of momentum, it's still TBD how such a limited initial release will play. Some may stay away because it's so hard to get that first one, but I think most can live without it. It's not like having a shelf full of Jedi with no Luke, or a Fellowship of eight. 99% of people won't even know if Patient Zero is there, the thing that sucks is we are part of the 1%.

I noticed the line has increased in popularity too. That is why Subject 57 exclusive sold out in hours, not days like Patient Zero. Ironic huh? I think from here on out, there souldn't be any more limited exclusives like Subject 57. Nothing below at least 500, hopefully 1000.

Badism said:
Well, we collect for different reasons. I buy things I want and could care less how many there are or how many people have it. The point is I want Patient zero. I will probably be able to afford the original at some point, but what about others that want a complete dead line? Should I wish to deny them that pleasure simply becuase I don't want my original version to become less desirable? Hell no, I'd never wish for somebody to do without something they want just so I can feel special.

THAT'S A GREAT IDEA! How about we ask for a re-release of ALL the exclusives. Like the gray PF Hulk - I'd like one in pink shorts. And PF Dr. Doom exclusive - can I get that one with a purple cape? The point of exclusivity is getting a special edition item that isn't released in massive quantities in a flooded market. And if you miss it, ya missed it. You can move on to the secondary market and decide what you want to spend. You're right - everyone does collect for different reasons, but they aren't collectibles by definition of they are everywhere. That's the point, IMO. I'm GLAD Patient Zero is the new holy grail. I've had mine for over a year and it's about dang time this awesome and once obscure figure is finally getting some love and the line looks to be expanding.

vespagirl said:
THAT'S A GREAT IDEA! How about we ask for a re-release of ALL the exclusives. Like the gray PF Hulk - I'd like one in pink shorts. And PF Dr. Doom exclusive - can I get that one with a purple cape? The point of exclusivity is getting a special edition item that isn't released in massive quantities in a flooded market. And if you miss it, ya missed it. You can move on to the secondary market and decide what you want to spend. You're right - everyone does collect for different reasons, but they aren't collectibles by definition of they are everywhere. That's the point, IMO. I'm GLAD Patient Zero is the new holy grail. I've had mine for over a year and it's about dang time this awesome and once obscure figure is finally getting some love and the line looks to be expanding.

Your sarcasm was unnecessary. I totally understand that collector mentality. All I'm saying is I want the damn thing. I even said I can afford it (if one is actually available at the right time). I'm thinking of those that want it that can't afford it. the fact that they will be deprived bothers me. Maybe you would be a little more sympathetic if you didn't already own the figure.

If they knew how popular it was going to become I'm sure they would have made 1000. The fact that there are only 300 means a whole lot of people will never, EVER be able to complete this line (now that it is a line) and as a fellow collector I shall share their pain. That's all. :D

Badism said:
Your sarcasm was unnecessary. I totally understand that collector mentality. All I'm saying is I want the damn thing. I even said I can afford it (if one is actually available at the right time). I'm thinking of those that want it that can't afford it. the fact that they will be deprived bothers me. Maybe you would be a little more sympathetic if you didn't already own the figure.

If they knew how popular it was going to become I'm sure they would have made 1000. The fact that there are only 300 means a whole lot of people will never, EVER be able to complete this line (now that it is a line) and as a fellow collector I shall share their pain. That's all. :D

I do own the figure and I agree with you. It is a great figure and really too bad that everyone can't have him. He should have been at least 500. 300 is just a weird number.

i don't mind a low number exclusive as long as there are regulars available..there were only 300 patient zeros and that was it. i like what they did with subject 57.

I would just like to state that The Dead line was not intended to be taken seriously. this was just a fun project by some of the artist at sideshow ,thinking that select minority of people would truly apprieciate this figure. So sideshow only made 300, enough to satisfy a few of their followers, but not too many to where they wouldnt lose a lot of many on this line. It amazes me that almost 2 years upon its release Patient Zero is just know getting his noteriety. True zombie lovers united in the glory that we have the definitive zombie memorablia and stragglers mourne that they may never see this wonderful gift sideshow has giveth upon the...

sonolimy said:
I would just like to state that The Dead line was not intended to be taken seriously. this was just a fun project by some of the artist at sideshow ,thinking that select minority of people would truly apprieciate this figure. So sideshow only made 300, enough to satisfy a few of their followers, but not too many to where they wouldnt lose a lot of many on this line. It amazes me that almost 2 years upon its release Patient Zero is just know getting his noteriety. True zombie lovers united in the glory that we have the definitive zombie memorablia and stragglers mourne that they may never see this wonderful gift sideshow has giveth upon the...

Yep, the artist worked on Patient Zero as his own solo project during his lunch breaks and such. I forget the guys name but he mentioned it on one of the chats on Sideshow some time back.

Vader AL said:
i don't mind a low number exclusive as long as there are regulars available..there were only 300 patient zeros and that was it. i like what they did with subject 57.

He should have been a priority pre-order though since there were so few of him. It was a low blow to me since I was in a 4 hour long film class and missed out. Had I know he was coming I could have stepped out for 5 minutes and ordered him. It really ticked me off about that. Just after I thought they had everything figured out with Priority pre-orders and such (and thinking I had already ordered the only version of him early). :eek:

Buttmunch said:
He should have been a priority pre-order though since there were so few of him. It was a low blow to me since I was in a 4 hour long film class and missed out. Had I know he was coming I could have stepped out for 5 minutes and ordered him. It really ticked me off about that. Just after I thought they had everything figured out with Priority pre-orders and such (and thinking I had already ordered the only version of him early). :eek:

i agree with that.

I liked the fact that they did not use priority pre-order for subject 57 exclusive. It reminds me of the old days before preorders where right place at the right time was the way it was done until good old Grey hulk Vs. Spidey came out and sent the masses in an uproar. Off topic:I wonder how many of those 50 pieces actually stayed in the buyers hands and how many were flipped I would venture to say at least 50% were flipped. But back to the subjest of the dead. I do not think they should re-release patient zero hell people couldn't even sell him for barely over retail after the comic-con he was released. I bought him the beginning of the year and dished out $175. which was his high at the time but I said to my self if this line continues this piece is going to become harder and harder to find which would mean more $$$ than I was willing to spend so I sucked it up and got it. My advice to anyone who wants it, is get patient Zero ASAP, because when they release another figure and patient 57 starts shipping more zombie lovers are going to find out about this line and Zero will be finding his way into permanent collectors hands making this elusive grail impossible to find. Then we will have a couple collectors who want the piece over bidding each other on the 2-4 pieces that pop up on ebay in the next year.

Back