The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

:lol :lol :lol

I mean c'mon, at least shoot a graple or something.

Not saying it had to be like Batman & Robin where he used his graple just to go upstairs to bed, but at least use it if you're going to have him free fall while holding Rachel.

Another thing that wasnt quite realistic is when joker smashed the guy's head on the pencil, and the pencil disappeared. I mean how the hell did the pencil not stay in that table. Joker jammed the penicl in the table quite deep (even thats not realistic:lol the lead should of snapped from the impact).

And also when batman and rachel fell on that guy's car, why didnt the guy get out? i mean batman was talking to rachel for a good min and the guy is just chillin in his car.

That doesn't bug me as much as Batman not grappling back up to the penthouse and confronting the Joker. I mean, he just left a psycho at HIS home up with all of his guests? I hate how it just cuts to "the next day" with Dent. So Joker just got away huh? Did Batman and Rachel just stay there on the car, cuddling? Joker can't fly either so that means Batman just let him go down several stories of steps, or down an elevator to get away.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

I hope so

Remember they changed the Brian Douglas death shot in TDK to preserve the rating.

Originally he was supposed to be shown with the joker card pinned to him with a knife. The final cut showed it minus the knife

Well, i think a fist fight with Bane is more PG-13 than a crazy clown sticking a knife to pin a card to someone's chest.

It's not just violence that need get cut, it's the type. A lot of the Joker's attacks were viscious violence, not just a couple guys fighting and kicking ass.

Agreed but Bane is meant to be brutal from what Nolan says

Hoping to see that properly, but yeah, Bruce's condition seems we will see a little stronger violence

I think with Nolan, violence and gore comes down to necessity to tell the story or not. To date, the fights and such in his Batman films have not required seeing everything, implication and subtlty have been enough. Bruce's injuries in TDKR would be significantly more dramatic to see the blows and the damage done and feel for him, implication won't make it such a big deal. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the extent of it though, not like suddenly TDKR will be more brutal in depicting violence than BB or TDK, just key moments. We've seen that with the prologue, lots of guys being killed by quick shots, not dwelling on it.

There was a scene cut from the movie after the joker throws racheal and her and batman are on the hood joker and a goon drive by[you probly seen the promo shot]and the goon says"what about dent"then the joker replies"I am a man of my word".its in the dark knight book that came out right after the movie,it has the entire script in it.there wasn't much that didn't make the final cut as far as dialoge goes.I think that was it for the joker that is not in the movie.

Yeah. Joker and his goons left after Batman jumped out after Rachel.

There was a scene cut from the movie after the joker throws racheal and her and batman are on the hood joker and a goon drive by[you probly seen the promo shot]and the goon says"what about dent"then the joker replies"I am a man of my word".its in the dark knight book that came out right after the movie,it has the entire script in it.there wasn't much that didn't make the final cut as far as dialoge goes.I think that was it for the joker that is not in the movie.

There's also the cop car scene.

Well, i think a fist fight with Bane is more PG-13 than a crazy clown sticking a knife to pin a card to someone's chest.

It's not just violence that need get cut, it's the type. A lot of the Joker's attacks were viscious violence, not just a couple guys fighting and kicking ass.

It's still in PG-13 territory.

Nothing in TDK was even close to being R. Nolan was just smart enough to trick you into seeing, and feeling more violence.

Hell, he had more "bad intentions" when he throw Maroni off the side of that building than when he rushed Harvey. :lol

I'm surprised there haven't been any youtube spoofs of that scene, Batman pacing around, blubbering, and trying to figure out what to do with the dead guy because Maroni "accidentally" landed on his head.

Another thing that wasnt quite realistic is when joker smashed the guy's head on the pencil, and the pencil disappeared. I mean how the hell did the pencil not stay in that table. Joker jammed the penicl in the table quite deep (even thats not realistic:lol the lead should of snapped from the impact).

And also when batman and rachel fell on that guy's car, why didnt the guy get out? i mean batman was talking to rachel for a good min and the guy is just chillin in his car.

That doesn't bug me as much as Batman not grappling back up to the penthouse and confronting the Joker. I mean, he just left a psycho at HIS home up with all of his guests? I hate how it just cuts to "the next day" with Dent. So Joker just got away huh? Did Batman and Rachel just stay there on the car, cuddling? Joker can't fly either so that means Batman just let him go down several stories of steps, or down an elevator to get away.

the only thing that does bug me, is how easily the joker escapes, there are like 4 cops with him, the jokes says "i want my phone call" the building explodes and all the cops go down but the joker is fine .. did I miss something? :cuckoo:

I mean, what happened to those cops?

joker sort of puts his back to a filing cabinet before the explosion. it's pretty subtle...but thats how I've always made sense of it.

joker sort of puts his back to a filing cabinet before the explosion. it's pretty subtle...but thats how I've always made sense of it.

I guess that makes sense, Im going to have to watch it again,

and yeah the rooftop jump was kinda stupid, I remember when I saw the movie at first I though " OH NO Rachel is going to die :horror)

then they safely land on the car like babies on a crib with a blanket lol

I guess that makes sense, Im going to have to watch it again,

and yeah the rooftop jump was kinda stupid, I remember when I saw the movie at first I though " OH NO Rachel is going to die :horror)

then they safely land on the car like babies on a crib with a blanket lol

It took me a while to understand what exactly transpired in this scene also- and to be ok with how it played out. Basically, Batman is holding onto Rachel with one arm while fanning out his cape with the other.... so what normally would result in Batman gliding safely to the ground with two functioning sides of the cape, is now two people plummeting to the ground with only half of the capes capabilities. It slows them down enough so that the force isn't AS detrimental as it could have been.. take that and add in the fact that they land on top of a car (softer and more giving than cement) AND the fact that Batman in his armor, takes the brunt of the impact, it makes enough sense to be plausible.

Well, he is right.

A car roof gives, concrete doesn't.

I still don't buy it though. they should've had Rache's hair get messed up, then I would believe it.

or a nose bleed or
at least Bruce with really bad bruises and walking funny for at least one day,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back