The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

A Batman movie with no Batman

catwoman-disaster.jpg

A Batman movie with no Batman = Who the ____ cares.

Actually it means, DC is afraid to touch on other properties, many of their fans are single-minded, and Marvel > DC. By the way, I'm not a Marvel fanboy, but I respect them for having the balls to use more than Spiderman and the X Men (Batman and Superman). DC is barely learning to do the same, though they did a crappy job with GL. Blocking out Nightwing is stupid. TDK may have grossed more (*cough* heath *cough*) but Marvel has raked in far more due to creating tons of movies.

What's really dumb is I'm promoting the idea of DC branching out to cover more of their characters, while many are still saying "no! we want batman! batman! batman!" You ought to be tired of seeing the same character from DC and hardly anything else.

Agreed 100%

I predicted someone would say that and the "Nightwing is stupid" comback before I typed it. How predictable. Well, I guess I know who to blame for DC sitting in the same area for two major movies (if Superman even counts) to depend on like they have for over 20 years. How sad.

Hahahah he really did.. I also think they were deliberate in making it look a bit bad/goofy, to futher justify the need for an upgrade. Also that blue tint of TDK didn't go well with the Begins suit

Surprisingly, his weight difference didn't even occur to me for the longest time. I just kept thinking, "Why does the Begins suit look so bad now?" It looked the same, so I just couldn't figure it out.

But he definitely fills out the suit/cowl differently in TDK, for the worse. And I do agree the tint isn't flattering to it.

Nightwing is a great character IMO and would love to see him explored post Nolan Bats

Apparently, you are the only one here with an open-mind like me. That's bad for business when it comes to DC making money off movies.

Robin/KW can kiss my ass!

Batman doesn't need a stupid sidekick other than the old man.

If you want a sidekick go buy a motorcyle with a second seat.

Nightwing is a great character IMO and would love to see him explored post Nolan Bats

I would too but only in the animated DC films. The setup needed to go from Robin to Nightwing is necessary [ for the fans who only know Robin] and that requires setting up Robin first. Probably best told over two or three films (live-action) whereas with animation the setup doesn't need to be as much.

I really like the character, it's the logical expansion of the Grayson Robin but then most of my experience with him comes from the BTAS series, and the comics explaining the "lost years".

Robin/KW can kiss my ass!

If you want a sidekick go buy a motorcyle with a second seat.

In that case, Marvel doesn't need bland a$$ Captain America or PINK skull that your repping in your avatar and sig. All they need is Spiderman and Wolverine.

In his first years, most definitely. But even when he looked for a replacement in TDK, the seeds of a sidekick were planted. Don't have to go anywhere [and it won't in this last film] but it's planted.

I can see the Tumbler being replaced by a new version, much like the Batsuit in TDK.

WB has a Merchandising Dept and I'm sure they will want a new one too...

Well the first tumbler was destroyed in TDK, if they were going to make a new ''batmobile'' then why bother bringing the Tumbler back?

Well, I guess I know who to blame for DC sitting in the same area for two major movies (if Superman even counts) to depend on like they have for over 20 years.
:wave

Yep, that was me. I wrote the guy in charge way back when and told him--"Batman and Superman only. . OR ELSE!" And sure enough. . .

I don't want Nightwing or the Boy Wonder anywhere near the Nolan verse, let alone Batman in general. But if they try to continue the story afterwords with a different director story etc. I would like to see a Batman Beyond take. Maybe with a christian bale support role.

Nightwing could work (but not in the Nolan canon) only if they DO quickly gloss over the Batman history. I'd rather he simply spoke of Batman briefly. It would be too easy to overshadow the movie with Batman otherwise.

They should go for an R rating as well. TDK pushed a PG pretty far. DC and Warner know there's an older readership in comics, they should test the waters with an R rated Nightwing stand alone film.

You know what F it. This thread is full of close-minded people. I hope the new Batman movie ends with the government using satellites to track Batman back to his batcave while he's using the tumbler (Enemy of the State-style) and shoot his a$$ the F*@k up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back