The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Batman/Dark Knight 3rd Film

Take from this what you will....

Aaron Eckhart Hints at Harvey Two-Face Return?
Source:MTV January 12, 2009

Remember this interview? MTV asked Aaron Eckhart the same thing at the Golden Globes tonight and got an interesting response...

<embed src="https://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:331069" width="512" height="319" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="configParams=type%3Dnormal%26vid%3D331069%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A331069%26startUri=mgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A331069" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed><div style="margin:0;text-align:center;width:500px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><a href="https://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Trailers</a> - <a href="https://moviesblog.mtv.com/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movies Blog</a></div>

Some people may not like the idea, but I'd like to see the third film focus on Batman himself and use Two-Face as the dark side of vigilante justice as a catalyst to bring Batman back into favor with Gotham. I don't know how you could write off Dent being dead to Gotham but alive in reality and not have it seem cheesy or bogus, but I trust that if Nolan makes him a significant element that it'll be handled well.

We'll be seeing him again.

We will NOT see Harvey again. He is Dead. Not in real time anyway.

Although Chris may not be adverse to seeing some kind of flashback scene with him IMO.

Some people may not like the idea, but I'd like to see the third film focus on Batman himself and use Two-Face as the dark side of vigilante justice as a catalyst to bring Batman back into favor with Gotham. I don't know how you could write off Dent being dead to Gotham but alive in reality and not have it seem cheesy or bogus, but I trust that if Nolan makes him a significant element that it'll be handled well.

Only way his "ressurection" would work is if he is again the "hidden" villian of the story. Sitting back and pulling strings through the Riddler or someone similar. Then dies AGAIN without gothom ever knowing (would still feel like the same old thing though).

Two Face isn't a behind the scene kind of villain never has been. His need to flip and make his decisions made him an on the fly kind of character. The Riddler though always had that element and it was never more evident then in Loeb's storyline HUSH. I could see the idea of saying Harvey was dead to try and rehabilitate him secretly out of the public eye which is why Batman would have taken the fall as well as preserving the moment Dent started but that storyline itself would be so complex and have to be tied as tightly as the main plotline its difficult to say Nolan would go that way. Of course....we could see a cameo of Two Face in Arkham....

Police reached the warehouse right when Batman was leaving. They must have seen Dent's body and called an ambulance. So unless they all agreed on this weird plan of Gordon and Batman, Dent's death had to be documented. And since we all saw the eulogy, it's clear what was Dent's condition. Not to mention that Dent wasn't breathing when Batman manipulated his head.

There was nothing ambiguous about his death.

No more Harvey Two-Face.

The end.

Police reached the warehouse right when Batman was leaving. They must have seen Dent's body and called an ambulance. So unless they all agreed on this weird plan of Gordon and Batman, Dent's death had to be documented. And since we all saw the eulogy, it's clear what was Dent's condition. Not to mention that Dent wasn't breathing when Batman manipulated his head.

There was nothing ambiguous about his death.

No more Harvey Two-Face.

The end.

Indeed. Let's not forget his neck was broken and as written, he was lying dead so no Harvey. Chris reiterated this.

For Chris to bring him back now, after all that, would be ludicris and a disservice to the story and to the audience.

How is it verified his neck was broken?

From the Script:

Dent FLIPS the coin. High. Dent's eyes FOLLOW the coin up-
Batman HURLS himself at Dent and the boy.
All three of them VANISH over the edge. A TERRIBLE CRASH-
then silence, but for the sound of DENT'S COIN, SPINNING on
the floor at the edge of the hole.
Gordon, horrified, RUNS to the edge- peers down-
Dent lies at the bottom of the hole, his neck broken. DEAD.
The coin stops spinning, GOOD SIDE UP.

Gordon's son swings into view, HANGING from Batman, who is
holding onto a JOIST with all his strength...
Gordon reaches down to GRAB his son- HAULS him up...
Batman FALLS..., dropping and dropping, SMASHING THROUGH
protruding WOOD and PIPES... He lands HARD near Dent.

EXT. BURNT WAREHOUSE, 52ND STREET -- CONTINUOUS

The cops prepare to STORM the front door.

INT. BURNT WAREHOUSE, 52ND STREET -- CONTINUOUS

Gordon races down the stairs. Rushes over to Batman.

JAMES
Dad, is he okay?
Gordon crouches at Batman's side. The Batman GRASPS Gordon's
arm. STAGGERS to his feet.

GORDON
Thank-you.

BATMAN
You don't have to-

GORDON
Yes, I do.
Gordon and Batman stare down at Dent's body. Grave.

Yes, it's in the original script, along with the revisions.

Paraplegic, reincarnated Dent-Face, FTW!

Script Scmipt. The way Nolan filmed it its ambiguous. If he decided to change it no one except serious diehard Batfan whom have read the script and multiple revisions over and over would ever notice. Not to mention I trust in Nolan to really bring it together and make it believable..if he wanted it that way.

The Mike has a point.

Jesus Christ came down, revived his non-breathing body, and the cops (including Gordon) let Harvey walk away.

Script Scmipt. The way Nolan filmed it its ambiguous. If he decided to change it no one except serious diehard Batfan whom have read the script and multiple revisions over and over would ever notice. Not to mention I trust in Nolan to really bring it together and make it believable..if he wanted it that way.

Except Dent was filmed NOT breathing and laying dead. Nolan wrote him as dead, filmed him as dead, buried him and reiterated to Aaron in NO uncertain terms his character was dead. :lol

Believe whatever you want...

Except Dent was filmed NOT breathing and laying dead. Nolan wrote him as dead, filmed him as dead, buried him and reiterated to Aaron in NO uncertain terms his character was dead. :lol
Quoted for truth. Dent/TF is dead.

From the Script:

Dent FLIPS the coin. High. Dent's eyes FOLLOW the coin up-
Batman HURLS himself at Dent and the boy.
All three of them VANISH over the edge. A TERRIBLE CRASH-
then silence, but for the sound of DENT'S COIN, SPINNING on
the floor at the edge of the hole.
Gordon, horrified, RUNS to the edge- peers down-
Dent lies at the bottom of the hole, his neck broken. DEAD.
The coin stops spinning, GOOD SIDE UP.

Gordon's son swings into view, HANGING from Batman, who is
holding onto a JOIST with all his strength...
Gordon reaches down to GRAB his son- HAULS him up...
Batman FALLS..., dropping and dropping, SMASHING THROUGH
protruding WOOD and PIPES... He lands HARD near Dent.

EXT. BURNT WAREHOUSE, 52ND STREET -- CONTINUOUS

The cops prepare to STORM the front door.

INT. BURNT WAREHOUSE, 52ND STREET -- CONTINUOUS

Gordon races down the stairs. Rushes over to Batman.

JAMES
Dad, is he okay?
Gordon crouches at Batman's side. The Batman GRASPS Gordon's
arm. STAGGERS to his feet.

GORDON
Thank-you.

BATMAN
You don't have to-

GORDON
Yes, I do.
Gordon and Batman stare down at Dent's body. Grave.

Ok, so it's not confirmed by the movie itself and people like me, if they don't visit forums or scan the web for script will never know that was his fate.

Ok, so it's not confirmed by the movie itself and people like me, if they don't visit forums or scan the web for script will never know that was his fate.

It's in the published art book.

scubasteve, please change your avvy....I can't stop staring at it!

I'm far more interested in discussing possible new characters for the Third Film -- who are actually living...

Who does David have in mind as the Villains?

Who will be BW/Batman's new love interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back