The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Batman/Dark Knight 3rd Film

:rotfl I'm with ya...

I personally don't care for Rachel as Catwoman.. she's too soft for the role IMO. Catwoman needs an edgy "scratchy-ness". I would actually prefer Angelina...

Angelina = :drool:drool:drool
Shes beautiful

this is what we need in the next film....

The dark knight has become a fugitive of the law. there is a massive hunt with no results.
In there The Desperate Hour the major has no choise but to hire the worst mercenary to take down the batman.....

bane.jpg

BANE !!!

The dark knight has become a fugitive of the law. there is a massive hunt with no results.
In there The Desperate Hour the major has no choise but to hire the worst mercenary to take down the batman.....

bane.jpg

BANE !!!

Bane is who I would want to see. Forget Catwoman, Nolan please give us a BA Bane for Batman 3! :drool

All BS....from AICN.

Bull^^^^ BATMAN rumors that are being generated solely for the purpose of traffic!

Hey folks, Harry here... I'm being inundated with bull^^^^ rumors from sites that are just attempting to pad their numbers with created and made up rumors that would cause spikes in traffic because they surround a new BATMAN film.

There is not one shred of reality in any of these rumors.

The latest batch has Eddie Murphy as THE RIDDLER and Rachel Weisz as Catwoman and apparently Shia LaBeouf as someone.

If ANY OF YOU believe any of this bull^^^^, you have found some crazy awesome drugs and I would like to have some of what you're having.

Here's the latest facts on a sequel to DARK KNIGHT...

No talent has a finished contract yet. Specifically, Chris Nolan doesn't have a deal. The word I'm having is that Chris would like to do another project before leaping back into BATMAN - if he decides to do another. We're hearing he may very well do THE PRISONER next - which would mean... no valid BATMAN rumors until much later.

There is no story treatment on anybody's desk at Warners. No accepted pitches. No talent beyond Chris Nolan has been approached. Now... would Warners like to be immediately in development on the new caped crusader film with Bale and Nolan? You betcha, but that's why they're giving Nolan the room he needs to come back to the cowl.

Personally - I'd like Nolan to jettison Bale and make DARK KNIGHT RETURNS and close out his tenure on BATMAN. Starting the next one... 30 years later - a grizzled roughed up and quasi-Fascist BATMAN and a near police state Gotham... I'd just love. and I'd love to have Mickey Rourke play Bats in it.

BUT YOU SEE WHAT I JUST DID. I just made some bull^^^^ up. Some stuff I would just love to have happen. BUT IT HAS NO BASIS IN REALITY.

Now in the Talkback below - see if you can make up better BATMAN 3 rumors than the folks at E!, SUN and countless other bull^^^^ sites that are just desperate for hits.

BUT whatever you do. PLEASE STOP SENDING US THESE LINKS TO BULL^^^^ BATMAN RUMORS - It really is getting ridiculous.

I know next to nothing about Batman's love interests from the comics. Was Vicki Vale a major character from back in the day or was she created by Tim Burton?

Maybe someone can fill me, my only knowledge of Catwoman's origin is Batman Returns. How did she take the Catwoman path in comics, a loss like Batman or?

The first time she appears, in Batman #1 (1940), they don't explain her origin. She's a jewel thief called 'the Cat.' Batman catches her but even this early on, he likes her and 'accidently' lets her escape. She doesn't have a mask or costume at all in this 1st appearance.

I just took a quick peek at my shelves and I can't find any of her other early appearances.

bane.jpg

BANE !!!

Totally agree, personally if the 3rd would be the last of the Nolan Series than it needs to come full circle. Ra's should make a return with Talia. I like the idea that Batman is being hunted by the Cops, and Mob as well which will dispatch their top Assassins.... Bane and Deadshot!!!!! I don't think Catwoman would work out in this series but Talia would as Bruce's next love interest. Don't bother with Riddler at all and maybe have the Penguin as a cameo.

I refuse to poo-poo any casting decisions. I (and a lot of other people) said wtf?!? about Heath Ledger, look how that turned out.

In Nolan I trust.

Regardless, Heath was a great actor....Eddie Murphy is not, in anyway a "good" actor.

Take all rumors with a grain of salt until the official press release.

Eddie was cool many years ago, today not so much. I can believe Catwoman may be part of the cast as the movie love interest. Otherwise everything else is :horse

I can almost see Catwoman being the only or main villain of this film. Riddler could be cool, Penguin, etc., but with the Rachel character and her death, I think there's room for interesting story to be written with Selina tapping into Bruce's vulnerability and desire for that sort of love relationship in his life, and the contradiction of her being the Catwoman. I know in the 90's cartoon he knew who she was and still tried to make something with her.

I'm torn, pjam's right in Angelina having that natural "feline" to her persona, but I'm not familiar with her being in any serious roles to judge if she could rise up to blending in with Nolan's world, what I have seen her in I'm just not sure she wouldn't contrast, there's something about her that seems, I don't know how to articulate it, but like she belongs in a certain style of film and Nolan's isn't her style. Like early thoughts of Heath as Joker though, I say this with having minimal viewing of Jolie's films. I've seen most of the big, mainstream summer blockbusters with her in the past 10 years and none of those performances suggest an ability to blend with Nolan's style, but maybe she's done something that would suggest she could, perhaps others in here can speak of that. When I heard of Ledger's casting, I'd only ever seen him in the Patriot and that wasn't much of a role to show your acting ability, and at the time that movie had come out he was like the new Hollywood hunk so I typecast him as the pretty boy.

I won't watch anything with Eddie Murphy--he's a ridiculously bad actor, everything he touches dies.

And I won't watch a Nolan film with Robin, but that just seems unlikely anyways.

And I doubt Nolan really wants to add that much stuff into a third film, I would think he'd only go with one new villain, catwoman or something.

I don't ever want to see Robin on the screen again... he just doesn't work for a realistic Batman to me. I've never liked his character in the comics even, save for a few writers treatment of the character (i.e. Miller or Loeb).

I also REALLY don't want to see Bane on film again either... I always hated his character.

Catwoman would be cool, if done right. Riddler is also good, especially as a red herring kind of villain. I would LOVE to see Mr. Freeze done in a realistic fashion... but it probably won't happen.. That character still has the Shumacher taint on him.

But no Robin or Bane...for the love of all things Holy. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back