The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're expecting the B-listers to match A-listers. Green Arrow, Flash, Martian Manhunter are like Widow/Hawkeye equivalents. They're necessary for the overall picture but I'm not certain they could carry their own solo films. I left Aquaman out of it because I see him the same as I see Thor. Initially I thought Thor couldn't work and he did, very successfully. Aquaman could work just the same if given the same treatment.

Nah I dont expect them to match the A-listers. Im thinking more along the lines of, youve got Supes and Bats, Green lantern and Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Im hoping Aquaman is good, although we all know he sucks :p

I was waiting for all these films coming out, like Aquaman, Wonder Woman. Similarly with Ant-Man and Black Panther when comic book films were the big craze announcing everyone in and out of megs arse from comic books having a film.

I just believe that DC needed to flesh out their characters akin to the structure of Marvel, because we dont even know what the hell Batman will be like. And thats a big problem because Zack Snyder said his Superman doesnt belong nowhere near JLA and its not suited at all, its a stand alone franchise akin to Batman

Which brings the question of who the hell is playing the lead 2, let alone anybody else. What interpretation are we looking at here? This films coming out in three years isn't it? Theres actually nobody cast.

Do they really be bold and make Batman John Blake? Snyder refuses to let man of steel be anything suited for JLA, which might lead creedence to why DC want JGL to have a cameo or something in the film.

Its such a confusing situation because it seems like were gonna end up with possible a superb superman stand alone franchise, maybe a new batman franchise, and then a stand alone JLA franchise which has those two characters played by someone completely different with a completely different take.

Its a victim of their own success with Batman and the Nolan style; you cant imagine green latern flying by or Flash whizzing by in those films, just like with man of Steel. But if they did the films BTAS style in the first place, then I can see it happening without the cheese.

Nah I dont expect them to match the A-listers. Im thinking more along the lines of, youve got Supes and Bats, Green lantern and Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Im hoping Aquaman is good, although we all know he sucks :p

I was waiting for all these films coming out, like Aquaman, Wonder Woman. Similarly with Ant-Man and Black Panther when comic book films were the big craze announcing everyone in and out of megs arse from comic books having a film.

I just believe that DC needed to flesh out their characters akin to the structure of Marvel, because we dont even know what the hell Batman will be like. And thats a big problem because Zack Snyder said his Superman doesnt belong nowhere near JLA and its not suited at all, its a stand alone franchise akin to Batman

Which brings the question of who the hell is playing the lead 2, let alone anybody else. What interpretation are we looking at here? This films coming out in three years isn't it? Theres actually nobody cast.

Do they really be bold and make Batman John Blake? Snyder refuses to let man of steel be anything suited for JLA, which might lead creedence to why DC want JGL to have a cameo or something in the film.

Its such a confusing situation because it seems like were gonna end up with possible a superb superman stand alone franchise, maybe a new batman franchise, and then a stand alone JLA franchise which has those two characters played by someone completely different with a completely different take.

Its a victim of their own success with Batman and the Nolan style; you cant imagine green latern flying by or Flash whizzing by in those films, just like with man of Steel. But if they did the films BTAS style in the first place, then I can see it happening without the cheese.

But you can. If you look at Nolan's films as being pre-GL and pre-Supes, it works.

But you can. If you look at Nolan's films as being pre-GL and pre-Supes, it works.

I guess. But Batmans world Goyer/Nolan created wouldnt exist in JLA, and Snyder is saying the same about Man of Steel which is the problem.

Taking JGL makes a previous audience relate to a new franchise, but at the same time alienates a new audience because Batman isn't Bruce wayne. Which as the comics says, anyone can be Batman but they have to live up to Bruces' reputation, something **** Grayson felt he never could do.

I guess. But Batmans world Goyer/Nolan created wouldnt exist in JLA, and Snyder is saying the same about Man of Steel which is the problem.

Taking JGL makes a previous audience relate to a new franchise, but at the same time alienates a new audience because Batman isn't Bruce wayne. Which as the comics says, anyone can be Batman but they have to live up to Bruces' reputation, something **** Grayson felt he never could do.

Grayson realized he couldn't put forth the effort mentally to fight a no win battle like Bruce

Grayson realized he couldn't put forth the effort mentally to fight a no win battle like Bruce

He also struggled with making the cowl his own. There was more than just the mentality, he struggled with his own identity which really, is why he left to become nightwing in the first place; Bruce wanted Richard to be exactly like him, putting the cowl on just exagerated the difference in mindset.

Shame though, because i still think **** is the best robin and still a natural successor to Bruce.

You're expecting the B-listers to match A-listers. Green Arrow, Flash, Martian Manhunter are like Widow/Hawkeye equivalents. They're necessary for the overall picture but I'm not certain they could carry their own solo films. I left Aquaman out of it because I see him the same as I see Thor. Initially I thought Thor couldn't work and he did, very successfully. Aquaman could work just the same if given the same treatment.

GA can be in another sense a type of Batman...so I could see that working...Flash would be tough...Aquaman yes differents realm type can work I would kinda put MM in the same category as Thor if done right

In regards to The Flash, Aquaman, and GL being B-listers, I agree, partially. I don't think that they're on the same level as Hawkeye, and Widow, though; in fact, I think they can carry their own films, where Romanoff and Barton never could, but, that emotional investment works both ways, and I think that Flash, Aquaman, and GL films would work best if they spun out of a larger collective. We've seen the likes of The Flash and Wonder Woman stranded in development hell, and, if WB could get a Justice League film to work, that could be just the thing needed to pull them out.

I don't see the Flash as a B lister and I think with a good team Flash could be a huge movie.
Flashzoombanner.png

In regards to The Flash, Aquaman, and GL being B-listers, I agree, partially. I don't think that they're on the same level as Hawkeye, and Widow, though; in fact, I think they can carry their own films, where Romanoff and Barton never could, but, that emotional investment works both ways, and I think that Flash, Aquaman, and GL films would work best if they spun out of a larger collective. We've seen the likes of The Flash and Wonder Woman stranded in development hell, and, if WB could get a Justice League film to work, that could be just the thing needed to pull them out.

Superman and Batman are the only true A-listers in the DC Universe.

They're both individually bigger than anybody Marvel has ... but, there are a lot of Marvel characters that are bigger than any of the rest of the DC Universe. Spider-man. Iron Man. Captain America. Hulk. X-Men generally. Wolverine. All of them are B-listers compared to Superman or Batman, but A-listers when compared to Flash, Lantern, Arrow, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, etc.

Spider-man is probably the closest to Batman or Superman, but he still trails. Joker and Lex Luthor may be the next closest to A-list that DC has ... but they're tag-alongs with Superman and Batman. Same with Robin/Nightwing.

DC can't copy Marvel because they have fewer names that can carry their own movie. They need to establish Batman and Superman ... then do a movie similar to Star Trek about the formation of the Justice League. It'd be easier to do a prequel to establish origins of characters that take-off after JL ... maybe Lantern or Aquaman ... rather than having the success of JL hinge on those movies succeeding beforehand.

SnakeDoc

Bigger in what ways? I love some of these lists, but are they delusions at work? Or did you guys set down and come up with a system of whos on what list and pretend that it matters? :lol

Actually, **** made a pretty damn good Batman post Final Crisis. I really don't see this being any different. And honestly, it doesn't alienate a new audience at all. Moreso, it still introduces a new Batman and hints at an origin story that's already been released should the new audience want to look into it more.

As for Superman, Snyder can say all he wants. The studio has basically already stated that the new interlinking universe will start with MoS. So whether Snyder likes it or not, it's happening. Worst case scenario, I can see another director filming a mid/postcredits sequence similar to Avengers, introducing the new Batman or hinting at him.

I don't see the Flash as a B lister and I think with a good team Flash could be a huge movie.
Flashzoombanner.png

Flash has to be done carefully. He runs fast, can phase through **** and time travel. If that's handled wrong it'll end up worse than GL who I still think was done well enough, people just didn't get it and the 2 villains kinda convoluted it a bit (like TDK and TDKR but worse).

I loved **** as Batman. Black Mirror was supreme story. I felt he could be Batman easily with his own, more athletic spin.

Its just a shame that Nightwing would be gone.

Superman and Batman are the only true A-listers in the DC Universe.

They're both individually bigger than anybody Marvel has ... but, there are a lot of Marvel characters that are bigger than any of the rest of the DC Universe. Spider-man. Iron Man. Captain America. Hulk. X-Men generally. Wolverine. All of them are B-listers compared to Superman or Batman, but A-listers when compared to Flash, Lantern, Arrow, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, etc.

Spider-man is probably the closest to Batman or Superman, but he still trails. Joker and Lex Luthor may be the next closest to A-list that DC has ... but they're tag-alongs with Superman and Batman. Same with Robin/Nightwing.

DC can't copy Marvel because they have fewer names that can carry their own movie. They need to establish Batman and Superman ... then do a movie similar to Star Trek about the formation of the Justice League. It'd be easier to do a prequel to establish origins of characters that take-off after JL ... maybe Lantern or Aquaman ... rather than having the success of JL hinge on those movies succeeding beforehand.

SnakeDoc

I agree wholeheartedly with some aspects of your post, but disagree with a lot, too. Before the films, the likes of Iron Man, and X-Men were nobodies. Cap was known because of his name (and what he represented), and Hulk was only remembered because of the Bixbty/Ferrigno series. Saying that they're A-list compared to characters who either haven't been exposed, or haven't been done properly is a bit unfair. Personally, I think that, if done right, the likes of The Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and even Aquaman could blow a lot of those characters on your list out of the water. Aquaman, for example, is a joke because people don't fully understand him.

If WB went into it as an underwater superhero fighting an underwater super villain with his fish communicating super powers, it would fail, but, imagine if they took it in a different direction; if it were an epic fantasy adventure steeped in the mythology of a real legend. The legend of a lost civilization known as Atlantis. The prodigal son returns to take back his Kingdom; the betrayal of his sibling for the throne, all of these things in one epic story (possibly multiple films) from the likes of, say, Peter Jackson? They could have a critical and commercial success on their hands, but the important thing, for such a film to take off, would be to first get a character like Aquaman engrained in the public consciousness. Keep him mysterious, let people wonder about where this guy came from, and take him seriously. A film like JL could be just what he needs.

Same goes for Wonder Woman, and the mythology aspect could be just what is needed to tie the WW and Aquaman franchises together. Steep it in mythology. Ares declares war on humanity, and you have mythological beasts like Minotaurs and Gorgons ravaging our world. The gods decide that it must be stopped, and, thus, the Amazons are tasked with finding a suitable warrior to lead the way. You could have a brief nod to the Atlanteans with Poseidon commanding them to fight for the seas. Again, though, they need to get people to care about these characters before spending millions on individual films.

Regardless if they put that no name character john Blake as batman in The JLA movie im not watching it. There is only ONE batman and that is Bruce Wayne. John blake is just some stupid cheap shot at a realistic robin which was stupid to begin with. Reboot the Batverse and put waynes head in the cowl.

Regardless if they put that no name character john Blake as batman in The JLA movie im not watching it. There is only ONE batman and that is Bruce Wayne. John blake is just some stupid cheap shot at a realistic robin which was stupid to begin with. Reboot the Batverse and put waynes head in the cowl.

picture.php

That's simply not true about Wayne being the only Batman. I agree with nam, in that regard. Richard Grayson made a damn fine Batman during Morrison's "Reborn" run after "R.I.P" and "Final Crisis." I'm also incredibly fond of the Terry Mcginnis/Batman Beyond character. I could deal with Blake, if they used a JL film, and subsequent Bat-films to delve deeper into his story, but I feel that it would be better if they built the JL film from the ground up with the original roster, and the original characters (Barry Allen, Bruce Wayne, and Hal Jordan).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back