The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, what about pink! :lol

Hey, nothin' wrong with that.:lol

Rainbow+Batman.GIF

Seriously, though, even if it were just a blue Batsymbol, I think that, if the plates were all black, allowing the blue mesh and bat to pop, it would look really cool, and a bit subtler than the blue cape and cowl.

Funny how that Bane figure looks better than the fat, green monstrosity from the actual movie. :lol

Both movie Banes. :lol

Hey, nothin' wrong with that.:lol

Rainbow+Batman.GIF

Seriously, though, even if it were just a blue Batsymbol, I think that, if the plates were all black, allowing the blue mesh and bat to pop, it would look really cool, and a bit subtler than the blue cape and cowl.

Nah, sounds too much like lightning blue Superman. :monkey1

Not really. Lightning blue Supes was a horrible design; I agree with that, but lightning blue Supes was, primarily, blue. The plates cover the entirety of the suit; that means that the suit is primarily black, and the mesh is only visible in those small sections between the plates. I think that that it could work.

Not really. Lightning blue Supes was a horrible design; I agree with that, but lightning blue Supes was, primarily, blue. The plates cover the entirety of the suit; that means that the suit is primarily black, and the mesh is only visible in those small sections between the plates. I think that that it could work.

So you want to turn Batman into Tron?

It's better than giving him a giant bright blue cape and cowl. Maybe it'd be better if it was just left alone, though. If people really want a change, why not just make the grey carbon fiber pieces blue (the two pecs below the Batsymbol/the 3 plates on his thighs)? It'd be a bit more subtle, while still providing a little nod to Nightwing.

I'd definitely support the idea that Difabio suggested earlier through his shop of the HT Keaton promo pic. Essentially keep him armoured, but get back to the classic comic look as well - obviously without resorting to uber bright colours. A balance of subdued & sharp tones. :)

I realize that all black is ultimately the most intimidating look for Batman - which Burton & co. should in my view be eternally applauded for, however marrying classic past with present aesthetics, would be my favoured option. Of course, it's all about what WB & co. feel is the safest choice at the end of the day for longevity too. :lol

It's better than giving him a giant bright blue cape and cowl. Maybe it'd be better if it was just left alone, though. If people really want a change, why not just make the grey carbon fiber pieces blue (the two pecs below the Batsymbol/the 3 plates on his thighs)? It'd be a bit more subtle, while still providing a little nod to Nightwing.

Because then he'd look like ass. If they're going to change things, it would be best to go closer to the oldschool comic costume (color wise) than to turn it into some blue armored generic monstrosity thing. You wanna talk about fanboy hate... :lol. Honestly, this isn't nightwing so there's no need to even give a nod by giving him a suit that looks nothing like Batman.

Well, your shop is a direction that I can't say I'd be fond of seeing on screen. If they were going with a classic grey and black, or grey and blue, I'd rather they designed a new suit entirely. It just doesn't suit the TDK suit. I'm not talking full on neon blue when I say make the carbon fiber plates blue, just a blue tint; nothing too over the top

Well, your shop is a direction that I can't say I'd be fond of seeing on screen. If they were going with a classic grey and black, or grey and blue, I'd rather they designed a new suit entirely. It just doesn't suit the TDK suit. I'm not talking full on neon blue when I say make the carbon fiber plates blue, just a blue tint; nothing too over the top

I would've gone with a much darker blue in the halfassed photoshop but it just looked black. The blue in my shop was just to get a sense of the traditional color scheme applied to the TDK suit. Initially I thought I'd be against it, but I don't think it looks bad at all. The ideal color would be closer to a Navy blue though, but again, it wasn't done in the shop because it just looked black which didn't look any different than the normal TDK suit.

LOVE that keaton Difab! Proper silver age/70s!

Id make the bat logo the modern long chested one though.

To be honest, the AA batman figure would be perfect with its armour grey and blue;

0.jpg

If they went back to Bruce, I feel that they should just use the new 52 design:
Batman.jpg

Nice, like the artwork as well. Also the overall look and colors evoke that batman Year One look modernized a bit with the gauntlets and boots. I think this is a great combo of icon and modern.

Last edited:
Nah, it's a lot more like the classic Batsuit than the Nolan version. The colors in that pic make it seem a little darker; here are some others:

ec02280192d3e5028735d180511320cf.jpg

BM_Cv6_var.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back