The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dagnabit! I'm $&@&&$##%*===*****^^^^^#%^+==^^##%*++%##%*+==%%^++*#@@@$$&$&@&)&###%^^^%^*+==|• Calm!

It won't be easy. I'm a huge bat**** crazy Batman fan, but I'm not an imbecile, and I'm not going to buy the same stuff that I already own all over again if there's no substantial improvements over my own. If I'm alone in that sentiment, then the other bat**** crazy Batman fans deserve to get screwed over for being dumb. It reminds me of a cat with a laser pointer or something.

Exactly, if there's nothing new but the packaging I'm skipping.

You'll never get one. Nolan doesn't believe in them. And he uses 98% of all his footage he films.

Yup, I mean there's always stuff cut out of a film, but when he uses most of everything he shoots, is the stuff even worth watching? We might just get a lot of b-roll batman voice. :lol

I'd love it if that were the case. I don't think there's that much footage out there for each film, but I'd love if he take another look at some of the deleted scenes that he might've taken out due to time constraints, and put them back into an extended edition or something. I don't know why the guy is so stingy with that material.

cat_bane_by_jamawinsagain-d56qdcd.jpg

Yup, I mean there's always stuff cut out of a film, but when he uses most of everything he shoots, is the stuff even worth watching? We might just get a lot of b-roll batman voice. :lol

There are scenes that were cut, probably more than we know. I don't know why they're so uptight about that kind of stuff. That and behind the scenes footage of the Joker. I know the Dark Knight alone has tons of alternate takes and lines of the Joker that were never in the film that we saw in trailers, tv spots, etc.

As far as scenes go, both Nolans and Goyer refer to them as "moments" instead of scenes. I don't know why. I listened to an interview a while ago (it's on youtube I believe) with Jonathan Nolan about the Dark Knight and he was asked multiple times if there were things that were cut and he was being all hush, hush about it. It sounded like he was using his words carefully when it came to that. He referred to them as "moments" too and all the usual stuff of "oh, what's scripted is shot, there's nothing left over". What I'm thinking is, the final script that they allow Warner Bros. to release to the public (which does actually still contain deleted scenes), isn't the actual 2004, 2007, 2011, etc. shooting scripts. The dates always seem way later, like post-production later. They never discuss other ideas either that most films have, like early ideas or any of that stuff. The only thing that was admitted was that the Ferry Boat scenes came later.

Then, well, there's the big stuff like Joker leaving the party, running out to his getaway car with his crew and having exchanges with his men is a pretty big deal. To me that isn't a "moment", that's a full scene (they set up the idea of Joker being a "man of his word" in that scene, and his promise to kill Dent).

whysoseriousjokerphoto.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EseJN3jJpCo&feature=share&list=PL3BB481877FE8D821"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EseJN3jJpCo&feature=share&list=PL3BB481877FE8D821[/ame]

joker2es8.jpg

I always wondered why they'd cut that out. After the film came out, a lot of people criticized how goofy it was that didn't Batman grapple back up there or try and stop the Joker at the party. They clearly shot that scene which answers that question so it seems silly that they wouldn't throw it in there. Even foreshadows the "Patrick Harvey" and "Richard Dent" scene. After all, Joker went to the party to kill Dent. :lol

There's also this of course,

tumblr_me0z7spx5c1qzleu4o1_500.jpg

That's a pretty big deal.

And the deleted Batman "suit up" scene of Batman going to save Dent, after Dent claims he's Batman. The shot of the armory cage rising up from the floor for that scene was actually reused for TDKR. After that, it would have shown the Batmobile driving up the ramp in the Batbunker.

They really should just grow up. No need to be weirdos about it.

It's their call though, they made the movie.

Nolan's just like that with deleted scenes, behind the scenes stuff and anything with Ledger or the Joker. Who knows why, that's just how it is.

The "process" is one of my favorite things about movies after I've seen them. I love hearing about early ideas, concepts, deleted scenes etc. These are pretty much the only movies that don't have em.

I don't even like TDKR, but I know there's all that stuff they shot of Foley getting hit by a Bane Tumbler, Bane's training and his prototype mask and back corset thing. Those would be nice to see.

Then this too (Bruce entering the city), well concept art anyway,

grjbM2F.jpg

Yeah, I just don't get it. If anything, they're almost contradicting themselves. They talk about how important film is, yet, when people are genuinely interested and want to see more of "the process," as you put it, they're like "no." Nolan's a Behind-the-Scenes ****block.:lol

Nolan believes in the illision of film. he doesn't want to break it. you cant change his stance.

I guess it's sort of like asking a magician how he does his tricks, they would never tell you. And Nolan is overall very old fashioned when it comes to film, the way he shoots, what he shoots on, his secrecy of the scripts of his films, and of course now with stuff like deleted scenes and such. Peter Jackosn is like the polar opposite of Chris Nolan for instance.
It would be super cool to see some cut stuff, and maybe those early rumors about extended cuts we heard before 'Rises' and the trilogy set came out were true but they were reserved for this set? Maybe? I wouldn't hold my breath through, I don't think Nolan ever had a film with deleted or extended scenes on the DVD or Blu-Ray.

But he breaks the illusion himself when he includes footage in the trailers that never winds up in the films. It lets people know that there's more out there, and then, they, subsequently, want more. Also, anyone's stance can change when you throw enough money at them. If WB wanted those scenes released, they'd get them.

:lol you all know this footage and deleted scenes will turn up eventually. Pay no heed to ''Ultimate collectors edition''. That word is basically meaningless. There'll be an Ultimater edition, there always is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back