The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A fitting companion piece would have been to have the Bat blow up with a Wile E Coyote cartoon mushroom cloud.

He was too busy limping.........for 8 years. :monkey4

That's 2 Presidential elections, enough time to get your PhD, have a child and watch them grow up until the 3rd grade.

He was limping..........for 8 years. :monkey4

It should've started directly after he escapes the cops at the end of the second film. He then gets ambushed by Bane, Bane kicks the crap out of him, breaks his back and makes a play for Wayne Enterprises under the instruction of the main villain. Then 'maybe' disappearing for 8rs would make some kind of sense as he builds himself back to return, claim back the throne (again) and the streets of Gotham.
I think also the Penguin should've been the central villain as the mob kingpin who takes over the rackets and Gotham itself. This would've made sense seeing as Gotham's crime underworld was the main focus of films 1-2. It was perfectly set up IMO.

What we ended up with was a mess - weighted down by the legacy of the second film. The writers/director's arse twitched one too many times and their bottle went.

Warners have ****ed themselves too as they want to bring in a Justice League film but they're now scratching their heads as to what to do in bringing Batman back and how. They gave Nolan too much leeway making Batman and butchering the character and history.

The issue is it's too soon for a reboot and that in itself will draw unfavourable comparisons with Nolan Bats. Plus, do they do his backstory AGAIN, or hit the ground running with an established Batman? More than a little concerning seeing as Batman is a fundemental element to the JL as Superman is. Warners and maybe DC to a lesser extent, have shown a massive lack of forward planning here and it all smacks of desperation in trying to capture the success of the Marvel blueprint.

Whatever they do, I think it'll take decades for a Batman film to get to where it's should be. That's a crying shame as he's one of my favourite superheroes.

Last edited:
Hey I haven't Seen this yet? Is it any good?........................jk:wink1:

Warners have ****ed themselves too as they want to bring in a Justice League film but they're now scratching their heads as to what to do in bringing Batman back and how.

The ideal scenario would be to do it like Marvel did it but do they and do audiences have the patience to wait as it long as it would take to get decent standalone films going. And what if they bombed like Green Lantern. Alternatively what if they go straight into a Justice League film and it sucks. So many questions.

Maybe the best Batman yet to come will be the Lego Batman as he seemed so cool and badass LoL "I only do things in black, we well sometimes with a little grey" after a guy asks him can I have the bat in orange

It should've started directly after he escapes the cops at the end of the second film. He then gets ambushed by Bane, Bane kicks the crap out of him, breaks his back and makes a play for Wayne Enterprises under the instruction of the main villain. Then 'maybe' disappearing for 8rs would make some kind of sense as he builds himself back to return, claim back the throne (again) and the streets of Gotham.
I think also the Penguin should've been the central villain as the mob kingpin who takes over the rackets and Gotham itself. This would've made sense seeing as Gotham's crime underworld was the main focus of films 1-2. It was perfectly set up IMO.

What we ended up with was a mess - weighted down by the legacy of the second film. The writers/director's arse twitched one too many times and their bottle went.

Warners have ****ed themselves too as they want to bring in a Justice League film but they're now scratching their heads as to what to do in bringing Batman back and how. They gave Nolan too much leeway making Batman and butchering the character and history.

The issue is it's too soon for a reboot and that in itself will draw unfavourable comparisons with Nolan Bats. Plus, do they do his backstory AGAIN, or hit the ground running with an established Batman? More than a little concerning seeing as Batman is a fundemental element to the JL as Superman is. Warners and maybe DC to a lesser extent, have shown a massive lack of forward planning here and it all smacks of desperation in trying to capture the success of the Marvel blueprint.

Whatever they do, I think it'll take decades for a Batman film to get to where it's should be. That's a crying shame as he's one of my favourite superheroes.

I really thought at one point that Penguin was going to be the bad guy since these movies deal with the mob so much.

They haven't hurt themselves at all. You bring in another actor and tell a completely different story. You introduce Bruce Wayne in MoS2. He's the new owner of the Daily Planet or working with Lex Corp to rebuild Metropolis. You don't have to show Batman at all. Maybe a hint of Batman like Superman finds a couple of thugs that ran while he was rescuing people knocked out in the alley with a batarang on the ground. End the film with Clark sitting at a diner reading a paper, Bruce comes in sits down across from him, and reveals he knows Clark is Superman. Have Clark reveal he knows Bruce is Batman and they agree to work together. Batman doesn't need a new film. Throw him in JL. After JL, then do his solo return. People still went and saw ASM even though the Raimi origin film isn't that old. WB/DC are fine.

They haven't hurt themselves at all. You bring in another actor and tell a completely different story. You introduce Bruce Wayne in MoS2. He's the new owner of the Daily Planet or working with Lex Corp to rebuild Metropolis. You don't have to show Batman at all. Maybe a hint of Batman like Superman finds a couple of thugs that ran while he was rescuing people knocked out in the alley with a batarang on the ground. End the film with Clark sitting at a diner reading a paper, Bruce comes in sits down across from him, and reveals he knows Clark is Superman. Have Clark reveal he knows Bruce is Batman and they agree to work together. Batman doesn't need a new film. Throw him in JL. After JL, then do his solo return. People still went and saw ASM even though the Raimi origin film isn't that old. WB/DC are fine.

THAT'S how you would introduce them?? How about at least Superman looks through his mask with X-RAY vision? Bruce Wayne would be pissed to realize Superman knew him already. They would compete with each other on every level until a formidable friendship was built.

I've said it before, Bruce Wayne should be in MOS2 since it is obviously going to deal with Luthor. Wayne vs Luthor, Wayne vs. Kent, Batman/Superman vs. Luthor and maybe someone else.

There's your avenue to the justice league. Show that Batman can exist with MOS, which will be hard, and then you can introduce everyone else. There's no need for a Batman origin story or solo film until the rest of the gang shows up. The public is Batman'd out and Chris Nolan didn't do any favors by ending his trilogy the way he did. Well he did me a favor because I didn't like Bale's batsuit or really Bale himself all that much but that ending was too ridiculous to just flip back to another story.

HOLY CRAP!

The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition
the-dark-knight-trilogy-blu-ray-set.jpg

the-dark-knight-trilogy-packaging.jpg

the-dark-knight-trilogy-blu-ray-vehicles.jpg

YES PLEASE!

https://collider.com/the-dark-knight-trilogy-blu-ray-images/

What a waste this set is .

:lecture

Unless the bonus features are new, the transfers are new, or if there are any more surprises not revealed I'm passing on that overpriced box of crap. Ultimate Collectors my ***. The "Art and Making of" was an awesome purchase and I was hoping this would be in the same vein. Apparently it won't be.

I will get that old Bluray trilogy boxset from last year and be done.

:lecture

Unless the bonus features are new, the transfers are new, or if there are any more surprises not revealed I'm passing on that overpriced box of crap. Ultimate Collectors my ***. The "Art and Making of" was an awesome purchase and I was hoping this would be in the same vein. Apparently it won't be.

I will get that old Bluray trilogy boxset from last year and be done.

Exactly. If they want to call it an "Ultimate Collector's Edition," it better damn well be worthy of the title. I want deleted scenes and/or new HD transfers or this thing is trash. I love my Superman and Dirty Harry UCEs, and I really hope that this one doesn't disappoint. I just wonder why they haven't announced it yet.

If this thing is NINE discs yet it still doesn't have extended cuts or deleted scenes then Nolan should be drawn-and-quartered.

I don't really care I just want it because of the fancy packaging, besides. I don't think Nolan has that much input to what these "special" editions contain, that's all PR and marketing's job.

Relax- with NINE discs...we are going to get a Gotham City size pile of extras..........

Rumor is they removed Bane/Talia completely and made this a prequel to MOS by inserting Zod and his gang as the baddies.

Takes place a month before Superman reveals himself, Zod is after Wayne Enterprises nuclear reactor to power the World Engine which has been dormant too long.

Batman is forced to detonate it so that Zod can't use it, barely saving Gotham in the process.

This forces Zod to use the Phantom Drive from his own ship to power the iron spider, leaving him and his gang stranded on Earth now, leaving him no choice but to create new Krypton on Earth.

Can Superman save the Earth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back