The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he breaks the illusion himself when he includes footage in the trailers that never winds up in the films. It lets people know that there's more out there, and then, they, subsequently, want more. Also, anyone's stance can change when you throw enough money at them. If WB wanted those scenes released, they'd get them.

That IS bull****, but I guess Nolan changes his films considerably in the editing process. I still want to see that cool shot of the tumbler riding on the court house steps.

There's also the fact that he shares the Behind the scenes aspects of the "movie magic" like IMAX, explosions, CGI, Stunts and vehicles but none of the good stuff like story, drafts, character development or any thing involving "the process" and Heath Ledger. So we can discard the "magician never reveals his secrets" right out the window.

I don't want to see how they made Tom Hardy's stupid gas mask, I want to see deleted scenes, abandoned concepts and all the great stuff involving Ledger's Joker.

I don't want to see deleted scenes, abandoned concepts and all the great stuff involving Ledger's Joker. I want to see how they made Tom Hardy's gas mask.

I don't want to see deleted scenes, abandoned concepts and all the great stuff involving Ledger's Joker. I want to see how they made Tom Hardy's gas mask.

It will be available on YouTube soon save your money.

It says "Never Before Seen material." Please, please, please, let there be deleted scenes. I couldn't give two ****s if BB and TDK are new transfers or not, if I got deleted scenes. This thing might've just gone from "shameless cash grab" to "must buy" if the "never before seen material" is what I hope it is. If not, it'll be a "shameless cash grab," again.:lol

There's also the fact that he shares the Behind the scenes aspects of the "movie magic" like IMAX, explosions, CGI, Stunts and vehicles but none of the good stuff like story, drafts, character development or any thing involving "the process" and Heath Ledger. So we can discard the "magician never reveals his secrets" right out the window.

I don't want to see how they made Tom Hardy's stupid gas mask, I want to see deleted scenes, abandoned concepts and all the great stuff involving Ledger's Joker.
Except, he's said that over and over.

Just get over it, and let it be. He'll never give you what you want, just like how Spielberg won't do a commentary. Which makes me sad. But what I can do?

The Wachowskis have never done a commentary to my knowledge and back in the day refused to speak about any influences or themes of the Matrix trilogy. Another "the films speak for themselves" pair.

And hey, who am I to tell them they're wrong? Me? If I get to make a film, I'll tell you everything. Because that's what I personally want to see.

Will I see characters taking a dumb on the toilet and thinking about what they're going to have for lunch? Will you tell me that? :pray:

Of course. Every movie needs those. Every. Single. Movie.

Hell, the fact I never saw Zod droppin a big one eating Subway really ruined the film for me.

Except, he's said that over and over.

Just get over it, and let it be. He'll never give you what you want, just like how Spielberg won't do a commentary. Which makes me sad. But what I can do?

Oh, I missed this.

Yeah, I won't be too upset about it though. In fact, I don't expect much, that's Nolan's weird quirk. It is what it is.

Still seems a bit silly though. But whatever. And atleast Spielberg does things like story boards, comprehensive behind the scenes, deleted scenes and more. That's admirable. Cameron is pretty good too.

Peter Jackson takes the cake though. Nothing tops those Extended DVD extras, they tell you everything want to know about "the process" and more. Very insightful whether you're a fan or an inspiring filmmaker.

I'm with you. I don't like it. But there's nothing I can do about it. Nolan wants to remain a mystery. And that's fine. There are other filmmakers who make excellent making ofs.

Watch the Transformers 3 one. It's awesome. Michael Bay flips out when a guy crashes a 1.5 million dollar car. :lol

I don't fault any filmmakers that want to preserve the illusion as much as possible. Lucas originally asked Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker not to attend red carpet events out of costume to prevent 3PO and R2 from being associated with real human beings.

Lucas originally asked Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker not to attend red carpet events out of costume to prevent 3PO and R2 from being associated with real human beings.

Now that's sort of ****ed up. :lol

Wasn't he too busy in the mental hospital not understanding what Star Wars meant to the world, to make them not go to the premiere. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back