The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah reminded me of Burton's use of shadows and silhouettes

Pretty much how Batman should be photographed!

I still say a flaw for the Nolan films to me, is the fact that not once does Bruce goto Crime alley and lay down roses, or goes to his parents grave. Its just pure tradition that should never be changed.

Personally, in the rain, when Bruce gets back to Wayne Manor, instead of finding the door locked, he shouldve sat at his parents' grave and cried. Telling them how he failed them, how he failed gotham, how he is going to have one last glory shot.

THEN comes Miranda, they sleep together, and Batman makes his promise on his one glory shot; the first fight with Bane.

Anyone else agree?

Sorry, but symbols don't go to where their parents died.

Course not. Bruce wayne never went to where his parents died as himself or Bruce wayne.

grave7ai.jpg

Photo+18.jpg

20090307134709!Appointment_In_Crime_Alley_Mourn.jpg

batmana.jpg

1801767-crimealley.png

crime-alley.jpg

https://www.characterent.com/blog/?p=22

There countless more examples, but Batman going to crime alley or his parents grave, whether he is in costume or not, is one of the most poignant and iconic images of the Batman character.

Batman is a symbol. Going to the origin in which fuels his drive, in which made him become the symbol, he cannot do you say?

A vigilante moping around his parents' grave? How emo.

Batmans not a superhero! Theres no super powers except billions and billions! And its emo, its paying his respect to his parents on their anniversary of their death. Hardly emo.

I bet its emo to think of what his mother used to say when it was raining and the thunder kept him up, what book she would read. Or the whole 'why do we fall' is emo because he is thinking of his fathers words.

Some people :rotfl

He's a vigilante in TDKR.

"A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up."

That describes the first half of TDKR pretty well.

He's a vigilante in TDKR.

"A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up."

That describes the first half of TDKR pretty well.

You just proved that he's not.

By the end, he achieves his goal of becoming a symbol.

So to Gothamites he was a vigilante up until that moment. But he never considered himself one.

:lol at these semantical debates.

He's an emo vigilante

He's a symbol

He's a "superhero"

He's all of those things.

He's also quite fake and unrealistic, even in Nolan's version. So quit scrapping over which flavor of Cheerios is better (it's Honey Nut, btw) :p

:lol at these semantical debates.

He's an emo vigilante

He's a symbol

He's a "superhero"

He's all of those things.

He's also quite fake and unrealistic, even in Nolan's version. So quit scrapping over which flavor of Cheerios is better (it's Honey Nut, btw) :p

I wasn't debating. :dunno It's extremely on-the-nose stuff.

Watched the film again.

There a line Gordon says, and to me, its brilliant, but part of me thinks it falls abit flat.

'One day... you may face such a moment of crisis. And in that moment, I hope you have a friend like I did'

It was a super line, delivered perfectly. But I cant help but think, it was premature. I mean, there needed to be more to it than just TDK. I NEEDED to see batman as a hunted vigilante. I NEEDED to see the strain on Batmans mind and Body, I NEEDED to see the strain on the relationship between Gordon and Batman, the alliance in the shadows, the underhand sharing of information, the risk Gordon is putting himself by secretly liasing with Batman.

Then, that line wouldve been miles more impactful. if we saw batman in that final year or so in which it took for the Dent act to come into place. I still say we shouldve had Black Mask taking control and trying to unite factions of the broken Mob, then you could see a police vs batman vs mob 3 way fight. The toll on bruces body against Mask hiring Deadshot etc.

TDKR is a superb film. its deffinitely a great ending. But an ending to a saga. Not a trilogy.

I think you read too much into it. I tool that line as a set-up for Blake's reality check that followed.

But Blake counters it by saying gordons hands are pretty filthy to.him so it depends how you wanna look at it. I think if there was a film like i said before tdkr, they couldve really made the relationship between the two. TDK set up.perfectly but we basically got MGS2 and then MGS4. big chunk missing

But Blake counters it by saying gordons hands are pretty filthy to.him so it depends how you wanna look at it. I think if there was a film like i said before tdkr, they couldve really made the relationship between the two. TDK set up.perfectly but we basically got MGS2 and then MGS4. big chunk missing

Nah, they needed that distance, and while there was definitely a greater respect growing between the two, the distance kept growing. Throughout the film we see Blake pushing further and further away from the police force, even as he's promoted from within. It builds him up to walk away at the end, without hesitation, so that he can become the Batman we deserve. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back