The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can go around in circles all you like, but Ledger's death had nothing to do with TDK's critical acclaim. :lol

Golden Globe nominations disagree and likely the Academy Awards will as well. You were the one telling me to watch saying how this would win proving otherwise. Guess it's time to crank that fullblown apologist stuff up to 11? :lol

Awards are just extra icing on the cake. To be honest, I don't care if it's nominated or not. I have my own opinion, and I feel that it was my favorite film of the year. I enjoyed it, and that's enough.

Golden Globe nominations disagree and likely the Academy Awards will as well. You were the one telling me to watch saying how this would win proving otherwise. Guess it's time to crank that fullblown apologist stuff up to 11? :lol

Just like you were claiming this won't make $1Bn and TDK only did so because of Ledger :rotfl

backpedal.jpg

Just like you were claiming this won't make $1Bn and TDK only did so because of Ledger :rotfl

Nolancompoops tried their best because they didn't want to be shamed by Avengers. I can admit I was wrong about that (not so much wrong as underestimated the level of fanaticism). You on the other hand... :lol

Nolancompoops tried their best because they didn't want to be shamed by Avengers. I can admit I was wrong about that (not so much wrong as underestimated the level of fanaticism). You on the other hand... :lol

Oh I can admit being wrong about awards recognition - won't be the first time Nolan's been robbed ;)

It did get nominated for Visual FX & "Best Action Movie", though. Here's that list:

BEST ACTION MOVIE
The Avengers
The Dark Knight Rises
Looper
Skyfall

Though it wasn't popular, I think the best Visual FX this year should go to Total Recall. That movie looked awesome.

To be honest, who cares about Awards? Titanic got a friggin oscar and it was utterly abysmal.

Avengers, TDKR, theyre all award winners. Why? Because we purchased those films, and we enjoy them and love them. Doesnt matter in the end which is prefered and which is not. its fun to argue about it and rip each film and stick up for them, but the fact is the award that matters is the £15 I spent on the blu ray for avengers, the £45 i spent on the cowl TDKR blu ray.

Those are the awards that count. We dont need no stupid statue to say 'it has the best score' or 'best effects'. Theyre both winners, and theyre both more awarding than most of the sheite on those pretentious lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back