The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the ending? I'm pretty sure anybody who has seen the movie knows for sure since IT'S SPELLED OUT PLAIN AS DAY!!! :banghead

:exactly:

I had to explain all this to my wife and oldest boy. One of the big character motivations for both Bruce and Selene was escaping their lives (as Batman and a jewel thief, respectively) and starting over. Not dieing for Gotham or going to jail. Bruce saw his way out and by taking it was finally able to move on and live. It's a beautiful ending really.

IF you can overlook the fact that Bruce gives up Batman at 40, the Joker dies in prison, and Selena could actually live happily as a rich yuppy.

Fun fact, they will still have to pretend to be someone they aren't forever since people think Bruce is dead. :dunno

To me it feels like it weakens alot TDK's dialogue and motivations which is the stronger movie.

So I heard in the radio today that some movie theaters in the US have stopped playing the movie in respect to the victims and their families. They also mentioned that people would not watch the movie in respect for what happened. I wonder how widespread this will be, and if it can affect the box office total.

So I heard in the radio today that some movie theaters in the US have stopped playing the movie in respect to the victims and their families. They also mentioned that people would not watch the movie in respect for what happened. I wonder how widespread this will be, and if it can affect the box office total.

Not watching the movie BECAUSE of what happened is the most disrespectful thing one could do.

These were Batman fans, would they want others to not see the film ???

IF you can overlook the fact that Bruce gives up Batman at 40, the Joker dies in prison, and Selena could actually live happily as a rich yuppy.

Fun fact, they will still have to pretend to be someone they aren't forever since people think Bruce is dead. :dunno

To me it feels like it weakens alot TDK's dialogue and motivations which is the stronger movie.

Tell me about it. I felt like this film really undermined a lot of what was established in TDK. Sort of a slap to the face of the relationship developed between Batman and the Joker as well.

TDK is the much stronger film, structurally and technically, in terms of story strength and depth, and in terms of characterization, I believe.

The film is in no way a slap in the face of anything that came before except for the fact that there is no Joker reference, but we all know why that is.

TDK is actually number 3 on my list from the trilogy, it will take a while to figure out whether I like BB or TDKR better.

IF you can overlook the fact that Bruce only ever wanted to be Batman for a brief time to inspire Gotham, and all through TDK, he was hoping that Harvey would be the symbol to inspire the city and take over for him and that Rachel could be his "hope for a normal life."

IF you can overlook the fact that Selina desperately wanted out of the life she had lived, and wanted the clean slate program not simply as a means to erase her record so she could commit more crimes and "get away"...but so the could actually really get away and start fresh, leaving her life of crime behind.

What dialogue and motivations of TDK does this movie weaken? All throughout that movie, Bruce is going on about how Harvey can be the symbol that will free him from having to be Batman, and how he can be the "ray of light, I can never be." It's only at the end that he's like "Well, damn, I guess I have to be the villian".

I agree, Bruce will have to assume a new identity since the world thinks Bruce Wayne is dead...(but they thought that once before too)...as for Selina, she's not a famous face, and in fact, she doesn't even "exist" anymore since the clean slate program erased all records of her.

The film is in no way a slap in the face of anything that came before except for the fact that there is no Joker reference, but we all know why that is.

TDK is actually number 3 on my list from the trilogy, it will take a while to figure out whether I like BB or TDKR better.

Heh, I'm having this vision of void with a row to himself of plush TDK toys on each seat. :1-1:

Must have missed that. The narrative was such a mess I gave up trying to make any sense of it. The entire "escape from New York" part of the script was just plain stupid. What the government left hundreds of policemen buried underground for months?
Gaaaaah!

Heh, I'm having this vision of void with a row to himself of plush TDK toys on each seat. :1-1:

:lol:yess:
599843_10100132078970094_1975784512_n.jpg

And whoever did the sound mix should have their equipment taken off them. The new amplified Bane voice sounded like Darth Vader was at the back of the theatre. Didn't even fit spacially to his mouth! The loud music over the dialogue? :(

Did they ever explain why Catwoman wears the suit? Is there a purpose?
I guess its kind of hard to jump around and fight (not to mention be a sneaky theif) in street clothes like jeans and sneakers. It's a catburgular-type suit, not an overly stylized "catwoman" costume.

Must have missed that. The narrative was such a mess I gave up trying to make any sense of it. The entire "escape from New York" part of the script was just plain stupid. What the government left hundreds of policemen buried underground for months?
Gaaaaah!

If by government, you mean the local government of Gotham City...they had really no power since the law enforcement arm of government--the police--were trapped underground, and any who were found above ground were "being hunted like dogs".

If by government you mean the federal government, army and national guard etc..they could not help because their hands were tied. They knew, without a doubt from their flyover radiation detectors that the nuclear bomb was real, and it was really armed by the real Dr. Pavel (who they thought was dead...and who was then REALLY killed on live TV), and they knew from Bane's lieutenant message on the bridge that if anyone tried to escape the city, they would blow the nuke.

Bane had the whole situation planned out and the government, local and federal, completely checkmated. There was nothing they could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back