The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goin to see this again tonight - The Imax Experience :panic::panic::yess:

I saw it in Omnimax last night. It was breath taking. The scenes that he shot in true Imax was just phenomenal. First time my gf had ever been to a true Imax showing. She about ____ her self when she saw the screen :rotfl

IF you can overlook the fact that Bruce only ever wanted to be Batman for a brief time to inspire Gotham, and all through TDK, he was hoping that Harvey would be the symbol to inspire the city and take over for him and that Rachel could be his "hope for a normal life."

IF you can overlook the fact that Selina desperately wanted out of the life she had lived, and wanted the clean slate program not simply as a means to erase her record so she could commit more crimes and "get away"...but so the could actually really get away and start fresh, leaving her life of crime behind.

What dialogue and motivations of TDK does this movie weaken? All throughout that movie, Bruce is going on about how Harvey can be the symbol that will free him from having to be Batman, and how he can be the "ray of light, I can never be." It's only at the end that he's like "Well, damn, I guess I have to be the villian".

I agree, Bruce will have to assume a new identity since the world thinks Bruce Wayne is dead...(but they thought that once before too)...as for Selina, she's not a famous face, and in fact, she doesn't even "exist" anymore since the clean slate program erased all records of her.

Thank you! I was getting tired of people thinking it was unrealistic. Bruce wanted a normal life since the end of Begins. He was like, "Hey Raych! I'm Batman!"

"I don't date Batmen!"

"Damn! I'm not Batman anymore!"

"Bullllllss____"

The LAWRENCE OF ARABIA of superhero films.

Batman isnt a superhero :slap

mj_popcorn.gif

Anyone else pick up that Bane seemed to be knitting during the trial? That scene especially, but the whole movie was very Tale of Two Cities.

I've avoided threads like this for over a year now so I wouldn't have anything spoiled, and Im happy to come back. :)

The movie was amazing, nothing short of spectacular. Im not embaressed to admit that I cryed when we thought when Bruce was dead. AMAZING ending. Good job Nolan. :clap

Anyone else pick up that Bane seemed to be knitting during the trial? That scene especially, but the whole movie was very Tale of Two Cities.

All those wonderful references--Bane knitting, mob rule, the court and of course the ending verse of "It's far, far better thing"--from Dickens just made my viewing of it (both times now) that much more soulful and profound. God I love this film even more than TDK and it is right now on my top 10 all time list.

I missed that need to watch out for it in the 2nd viewing but yes, the movie was VERY tale of two cities

Did you catch the parallels between Wayne's final letter and Sydney Carton's? That was excellent IMO

All those wonderful references--Bane knitting, mob rule, the court and of course the ending verse of "It's far, far better thing"--from Dickens just made my viewing of it (both times now) that much more soulful and profound. God I love this film even more than TDK and it is right now on my top 10 all time list.

:goodpost::lecture:D

Did they ever explain why Catwoman wears the suit? Is there a purpose?

Simple: A$$ SHOTS :pow

The Roy Orbison disability shades really kill it for me.

I kept expecting a POV shot from Selina on the batpod with infrared-night-vision-like graphics to explain what the headgear was all about. Never saw it . . . was there one? :dunno

IF you can overlook the fact that Bruce gives up Batman at 40, the Joker dies in prison, and Selena could actually live happily as a rich yuppy.
Fun fact, they will still have to pretend to be someone they aren't forever since people think Bruce is dead.

The "faked his death" cliche seems way out of character for a damaged vigilante like Wayne.
I know, I know . . . this is Sensei Nolan's version of Batman, not Frank Miller's. :rolleyes:

But in the context of the ending we got, the entire trilogy is about lies. Lies told to ourselves, lies told to the public, and lies told to others. Bruce is lying to himself about Rachel's love for him, he lies as Batman to Gotham about Dent's true history. Gordon lies to Gotham about Dent, he lies to his wife about his "death" in TDK. Selina lies to Bruce about leading him to Bane, Talia lies to Bruce about her true identity as did her father, etc. Deception rules all of Gotham.

Everybody's lying like rugs! :lol

Not really. This is kinda scary. People are popping up with the idea of being copycats.

This guy might spark something.

Haven't looked at the rest of the thread - but having just seen the film - I'm in support of having a separate Spoilers thread. If I had known about one thing, it would have definitely been a different experience for me.

But LOVED the film - Heath's performance was great - but this is the best of the NoBats IMHO.

It is a shame if this is really true. Boycotting this film "out of respect" for the dead, does nothing to honor them. All it does is punish the filmmakers and cast for something they did not cause, for the crime of a madman.

Agreed. TDKR is a film about fear's ability to make you not just afraid but broken, powerless and unable to even leave your own home. Stand up against fear. Rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back