The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed the movie, but it felt like Nolan pulled a "Sam Raimi" and just wanted to be done with it. It wasn't your tipical Nolan "thinker" that's for sure, but it's hard to keep a secret when a film of this magnitude, surrounded by so much hype is being made.

This film has even more talking points than TDK I think. Just seen it once so far but I think the story has so many layers you really need to see its few times to appreciate it fully

There is a ton of symbolism for one - man I need to get back into the cinema ASAP

Irish - Void cried. A lot.

Irish - Void cried. A lot.

:yess: I think I knew exactly the parts you'd cry at, too. Good stuff.

This is a good film. I think part of the naysaying from some just comes from it not being the masterpiece some expected. But it will hold up at least as well as BEGINS, IMHO.

None of the three have been masterpieces IMO. So I didn't walk into this one thinking it would be either. It was a good film and a good way to end this run but it wasn't the second coming some nolanites are saying it is.

I enjoyed the movie, but it felt like Nolan pulled a "Sam Raimi" and just wanted to be done with it. It wasn't your tipical Nolan "thinker" that's for sure, but it's hard to keep a secret when a film of this magnitude, surrounded by so much hype is being made.

It did have a bit of that feeling. Not nearly as much as spidey 3 but I did get a sense of that.

He wasn't in the nuke. He used the autopilot.

So many people miss this that it's evident Nolan & co. probably should have made that more evident too.

How did anyone not pick up on that?

None of the three have been masterpieces IMO. So I didn't walk into this one thinking it would be either. It was a good film and a good way to end this run but it wasn't the second coming some nolanites are saying it is.

*Looks at signature* :rolleyes2

It did have a bit of that feeling. Not nearly as much as spidey 3 but I did get a sense of that.

How did anyone not pick up on that?

I honestly don't know. I thought it was pretty explicitly stated. But I guess not. :dunno

When one signs on to make Comic Book movies your lucky if you get to do even a little of what you want without legal and everything else getting in the way and diluting it to something totally different. You cannot make a Masterpiece out of a comic book movie, its just not possible. it has to be told a certain way, good or bad. Do I think this is as good as it gets for movie goers and their super heros? for now yes...Hell yes!

Coming from the the person who basically all he watches is lord of the rings lol just joking josh.

I agree. Solidifying that Bruce is alive was the right move. How he survived a nuke? I dunno...he's Batman!

He dropped it in the ocean and made a hasty retreat........when it went off we have no idea how far away he was from it....

Meh took down already:(

Why bother replacing the bat signal though if Blake won't become batman 2.0? The whole Robin name thing should have been left out, didn't Nolan come out a while back and say he didn't want a robin?

Meh took down already:(

Why bother replacing the bat signal though if Blake won't become batman 2.0? The whole Robin name thing should have been left out, didn't Nolan come out a while back and say he didn't want a robin?

It was just tongue-in-cheek fan service. I don't think it was meant to be taken that he'd literally become "Robin".

It was just tongue-in-cheek fan service. I don't think it was meant to be taken that he'd literally become "Robin".

Yeah that kinda makes sense but it just adds some (intentional?) confusion as to who he will become.

It's the Nolan version of Robin for me

Robin is John Blake the good cop, he grows up and becomes the next Batman

You have to view the Nolan trilogy as an else worlds tale. The Nolan Bruce Wayne has always wanted to have a normal life after sorting Gotham out as Batman for a finite time. The comic Bruce Wayne doesn't have such desires.

If you can accept that fundamental difference, this was as good a closer to the trilogy as one could ever hope for IMO

And I think all three have been masterpieces.

You guys should get The Art and Making of The Dark Knight trilogy - What an incredible book and it gives really valuable insight especially on the themes and character points

You guys should get The Art and Making of The Dark Knight trilogy - What an incredible book and it gives really valuable insight especially on the themes and character points

I have it. Great book. Especially love all the good BTS photos never before seen. The one with Ledger on the street corner (from the beginning of TDK) where you can see his face is especially awesome.

Must-own book for anyone who even remotely likes these films. I'm not sure enough people know about it, though. The publisher (Abrams) was at SDCC giving out free book plates and no one even seemed to notice. :dunno

It's the Nolan version of Robin for me

Robin is John Blake the good cop, he grows up and becomes the next Batman

You have to view the Nolan trilogy as an else worlds tale. The Nolan Bruce Wayne has always wanted to have a normal life after sorting Gotham out as Batman for a finite time. The comic Bruce Wayne doesn't have such desires.

If you can accept that fundamental difference, this was as good a closer to the trilogy as one could ever hope for IMO

And I think all three have been masterpieces.

Yeah that makes sense. In Nolan's world there will be no costumed hero called Robin at all. Waiting on that book and the dark knight manual one from amazon, can't wait!

I think the name Robin was just an Easter egg for fans. No different than mentioning "did you see any large alligators" in the sewers. He was intended to take up the mantle of the Bat. The scene when he entered the cave mirrored Bruce's beginning with the Bats flying around him in Begins. Unless those were Robins flying around him and I missed it.

Maybe I didn't read through all the pages. But did anyone notice Selina Kyle mugshot. Looks like a tribute to one of the catwoman comic pics

I think im the only one that believes Bruce Wayne will continue to be Batman and Blake will be trained by Bruce as Robin who will one day become Batman.

also IMO i believe the idea of Bruce Wayne died a long time ago all thats left is Batman, and like i said before Blake will need the training that only Bruce can give him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back