The Dark Knight Returns Batman WIP and Jim Lee Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
Update:

Further progress on my Miller DKR Batman. The awesome sculpt from Seb, Ashkan, Shortround and sculpted by Rocco came in. I'm not among the talented painters on the boards, but I gave it a go and painted it myself. The incredible Tony Meis and Crystal sent me their suit, and I am simply in love with it. The gloves and boots are from DCD's 13" Batman figure.

The body is a mix of two different ones. The everything from the waist up is a Maximum Aggression body, and everything below is from the DCD 13" figure. I resculpted the Maximum Aggression body's torso because i wasn't satisfied with the proportions of the body. I made the waist much thicker, and redid the abdominals as well. I also resculpted the legs as well. Still tinkering with it.

The belt was a custom one refitted from a Kotobukiya DKR 1/6 statue. It's pretty much a 1/1 match to the comics, though there are times when Miller drew them to look more like rigid blocks.

IMG_7381s.png

IMG_7385small.png

And a shot of it with my previous DKR head:
IMG_7418small.png

---------------------------------

older post

Adding to this thread some pics of my Hush/Jim Lee Batman that I repainted, resculpted the toroso to look more bulked up, and refitted with a new cape and belt. Added a display base as well. Always felt that Batman visiting a loved one's grave (Jason Todd, etc etc) was a powerful image.

IMG_7281s.png

IMG_7291s.png

IMG_7342s.png

IMG_7326s.png

----------------------
Older post -- WIP Miller Batman --

Hi guys, I wanted to share some wip pics of my custom Frank Miller Batman from The Dark Knight Returns.

It's my first custom, and there's still more to do, like switch out the suit for a better one from Tony Meis once that arrives. My current suit doesn't fit tightly enough around the body. :/

IMG_7253s.png

Last edited:
Re: The Dark Knight Returns Batman WIP

Very nice! Where is that belt from?

What body is that? Barney Ross?

Thanks, commtech. The belt is from a Koto TDKR statue. The body is a custom one I made by combining a WWE Aggression body with the legs of of a DCD13" figure. I resculpted the thighs and torso to make them bulkier, closer to Old Batman's proportions. The idea came from elvis1976 and Tony Meis.

Thanks, commtech. The belt is from a Koto TDKR statue. The body is a custom one I made by combining a WWE Aggression body with the legs of of a DCD13" figure. I resculpted the thighs and torso to make them bulkier, closer to Old Batman's proportions. The idea came from elvis1976 and Tony Meis.

The belt comes off from the statue?? Or did you cut it off?

Ha! Looks good!

I'm also doing the maximum agression torso/dc direct legs combo with Seb's guide. It's the best option for the Miller body.

In my opinion it's the only real option. No other 1/6 body on the market comes close to it's bulk. Or maybe there is? Seb would know, I think. :lol

Looking good plasmid!

Is there a specific max aggression body that you guys are using?

Any other option for gauntlets/boots than the dc direct?

Looking good plasmid!

I have used the black guy from the max agression line. Doesn't remember the name but the torso is a bit bigger.

As for the boots and gloves I don't think there is another option.

Looking good plasmid!

You'll need one of these specific WWE Aggression figures:

Triple H
Bobby Lashley (the black guy Elvis is talking about)
Randy Orton.

They have the larger bodies. Don't go for any of the others, they are smaller, not as buff.

Cool just got a bobby lashley, he is 29 free shipping on eBay right now, 5 left if anyone needs one.

Thanks guys!

Btw I think Tony is making boots and gloves specific to Miller Batman, so I'd recommend asking him. Otherwise you'd have to track down a DCD Deluxe Batman.

This looks awesome!!! Love the body! Great Job Plasmid! Seb is awesome! His guides are the best... I'm searching for a 13" DC body still...hopefully I find one! But yours looks aces!

Oh, forgot...what did you use to sculpt the legs? Milliput?

Back