The dark knight diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
san, nope, guy's legit. i have a friend over our local forums and he showed pics of his dio. it kinda disappointed me a little bit..

DSC08722.jpg

DSC08724.jpg

unless you have that underground white backdrop, it doesn't really jump out anymore IMHO!

but of course, still a monster creation.

I don't know, these pics make the quality look not so great. Two things immediately stick out:

1) There's no place to hang the pneumatic mangler, belt, sticky gun, or backpack on the mesh doors. The official pics of the armory diorama show them all hanging up on the mesh doors, but they must have taped those or something, because I see no hooks in these pics here. Additionally, it looks like he tried to stick the mangler in the smaller compartments and hang the backpack in the back, which looks terrible - no doubt because there's no place on the mesh for them.

2) The mesh itself looks like it's full of imperfections and artifacts. Of course, the official pics are taken from a sufficient distance to make it impossible to see them. But these pics here are close enough that you can see the mesh is an imperfect reproduction at 1/6 scale.

No response to my email as well yet. I did ask for a clean pics without photo editing and some shots of the packaging. I'll post them here when I hear back from them.

I'll post the clean pics when I get home - but the artifacts are there. It's just your judgement call how perfect you want it to look. Its not cheap, but its not exorbitant either. I think for the price it's being offered, it's a good job

Its not cheap, but its not exorbitant either. I think for the price it's being offered, it's a good job

I agree. The pictures above highlight the worst elements of the dio, but with the right set-up/lighting, it could look much better. The intial pics were deceptive, and really should only be used for marketing if they are paired with clean, non touched up images.

That being said, I'm not going to be picking this one up. (I've started my own version of this thing and plan to see it through.) Their price isn't too bad, but part of the fun for me is trying to create some of these things myself....plus TDK has already made me poor enough... :p

even the figure looks like ____ in these pictures ... I don't doubt the quality of it.

even the figure looks like ____ in these pictures ... I don't doubt the quality of it.

Indeed. The DX looks like a toy in that because of the flash. Let's be real people. When did we ever start judging something when someone takes a shot with an overexposed flash? everything is bleached.

I see his lower abs are oozing as well.

That does look really good, but I'm sure I'd be able to knock up something that looks better myself :angelsmil

I think I may have to tackle this bad boy in the near future

near near future I hope mollins. Your work is really good. I think you could top this.

Indeed. The DX looks like a toy in that because of the flash. Let's be real people. When did we ever start judging something when someone takes a shot with an overexposed flash? everything is bleached.

Just to clarify: I don't think it looks awful because of how it's depicted (extreme flash). I'm saying the craftsmanship is cheap and looks shotty.

Can you hide that with better pics, better lighting, etc.? Sure.

Now imagine looking at a $200 leather jacket that you want and while you're contemplating purchasing it you notice numerous flaws (scuff/scratch marks, uneven and crooked stitches, etc.) and when you point it out to someone who works at the store they say "Oh it'll look fine, just wear it at night so there's minimal lighting. No one will tell the difference."

Would I buy that jacket? Hell No. :lol

People have already pointed out the flaws with the mesh and how amateurish the work looks (it's sloppy and just looks like garbage) but that's not even the worst part.

Look at the red parts I highlighted:

dsc08724m.jpg

The F'n structure doesn't even have straight lines. The square panels are uneven as all hell. And you can see a lot of paint slop in certain places as well. Very shotty work.. and for $200!? :lol :duh

Last edited:
The guys over at OSW seem to love this piece. So I don't know what to think about this. I'm glad Devil point out these imperfections.

Now that Devil has pointed that out to me and made it more clear. It makes me think of cardboard and some kind of tape so that spray paint can be painted over easily. Or it's had an adverse effect with the kind of paints.

Personally I was thinking of doing something like this in the distant future but without the figure just so I can store all the accessories and any new custom made add-on ones. As I'm not making anything until I get my displays all built up and finished for my entertainment room. He should have however used the stuff your mother uses for artificial flowers.

You know the stuff you can push and it takes the form of what's been done to it. Easy to cut cleanly with a craft knife. It wont bounce back into shape though. Once you've pushed it right or wrong thats it. That way the weapons are seated in place when done right taking the respective shape.

g3fm0.jpg

2698283594b2fa9f7682o.jpg

269828341457555a3d50o1.jpg

vodoun where on earth did you find those pictures? I was looking for those for a while now but could never find them. Thanks. Do you think you could find the entire case? I may try to make one over the summer.

Good question. I honestly have no idea. When the v1 figure was releasing and DX announced later my frenzy excitement went into overdrive hunting down any of TDK images and just gathering them all up over time whatever I thought was decent to keep.

2700573513cba929beb1o.jpg

dk0014bt6.jpg

dk0028rb9.jpg

Back