1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, if the axle fits into the hole in the wheel and the wheel can be seated fully, no one will notice anything when you're displaying it. Only if you try to pick it up or roll it is the wheel likely to fall off. ;)

It doesn't take much effort to pry that center cap off. You just pry from each side of the hex shape until it comes loose. It will also fit back on without re-gluing.

Managed to pick up a tumbler :) bought a camo one as well to go it with it, my question is I want to paint the rear wheels black on the rim but do I need to apply a primer first ?

Soo has anyone painted a camo version black yet? Cause this is going for twice the amount of the camo on ebay and thats what im thinkin

Don't attempt to paint without taking the Tumbler apart. I suppose you could do it, but it's unnecessarily difficult and probably won't produce high end results.

Go back a few pages and look at the images that show how to start taking this thing apart. You can start with the bottom panel which will remove the seats and console with it. Then you can pop the center cap on the PASSENGER side rear wheel which allow you to remove the interior screw and will remove the wheels and rear axle. Then you should remove the interior bolsters (sides) which will be easy-peasy going from the bottom. Next remove the light fixtures - the all "pop" out.

Make sure you're spraying, either with an appropriate spray paint or with an airbrush.

If you're going the spray paint route, read the can to make sure it's suitable for plastics.

Make sure you're spraying, either with an appropriate spray paint or with an airbrush.

If you're going the spray paint route, read the can to make sure it's suitable for plastics.

totally, this is just a thought for now. Theres so many camos for sale no one wants them lol.

I'm thinking of going this route when I have the funds. I imagine I may be able to grab a camo version from Sideshow on flex in the future after some other pre orders have been payed off.

A few questions about this Tumbler relaunch:

1. Did Hot Toys give a reason for the relaunch other than another chance to make money?

2. I take it, the relaunch happened around the time of another Dark Knight movie.

3. I believe I read about improvements on the second version. But I'm not sure...

Just trying to see if I should hold out for the possibility of a second 89 Batmobile...

A few questions about this Tumbler relaunch:

1. Did Hot Toys give a reason for the relaunch other than another chance to make money?

2. I take it, the relaunch happened around the time of another Dark Knight movie.

3. I believe I read about improvements on the second version. But I'm not sure...

Just trying to see if I should hold out for the possibility of a second 89 Batmobile...
The improvements you're thinking of is probably about the Bat-pod. That one had differences between the two versions. The tumbler was a straight re-release. It obviously had a lot to do with making money but a lot of people wanted one and they were going for like $1200 on ebay. I got my relaunched one in Novemeber

Ah I remember the days when I thought the tumbler box was huge

I had to laugh at this, coz I thought that same thing earlier.
Now that the shipper for the 89 is alongside the Tumbler box... It's dwarfed by it.

Just realized I forgot to post my updated Tumbler image here…

Batcave/Bunker 1/6 Scale Diorama by 8 Pixelpiper 8, on Flickr

Still need to do some futzing on the figures and Tumbler, then try to get a photo without so many reflections - maybe at night, as I really don't want to take down the glass doors again. ;)

Last edited:
Back