1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Sadly, had to sell mine to pay for the '89 Batmobile. The '89 trumps this one any day. Well, for me anyway. Hope this one have a version 2.0 down the road so I can have one again. :)

Hmmmmm,

IMG_3781.JPG

FOR DIS???

Wow the 89 batmobile looks great here it's tempting.

I recently decided to keep my Tumblers because it was turning into a shipping and dis-assembling nightmare please please tell if someone here fixed the factory smudges on the roof and if so what did you do? It dosent take away from this beauty but it's there ..it seems like a easy fix I was thinking a flat black spray paint with a sponge spray the paint on the wet sponge and gently doing a couple wipes the roof, it dosent need a whole repaint just a slight darkening to match the rest of the vechicle... experts please advise
2DBBA85D-7927-4593-9D23-D6600C682409-258-00000043DC033600.jpg

You're better off painting the whole roof panel and most definitely not using any kid of sponge. Spray application only with a paint meant to be used on plastics. The Tumbler doesn't come painted from the factory, so you're not going to precisely match the black plastic with paint, that's why you'll need to do whole panels.

Don't those smudges clean off? The photo makes it look like they can be cleaned.

You're better off painting the whole roof panel and most definitely not using any kid of sponge. Spray application only with a paint meant to be used on plastics. The Tumbler doesn't come painted from the factory, so you're not going to precisely match the black plastic with paint, that's why you'll need to do whole panels.

Don't those smudges clean off? The photo makes it look like they can be cleaned.

I tried to clean them off with just a towel warm water
If I paint the whole panel won't it look quite different then the rest of the car? Also ill try and clean it again what do you recommend for cleaning?

If I paint the whole panel won't it look quite different then the rest of the car?

Sure, it might look a bit different depending on the paint, but it's going to look a lot better with the entire panel slightly different than a different-looking smudge. ;) Because if you apply only a little bit of paint to cover those spots, you're still going to have the same problem - you're only changing the shade of the spots.

You can also paint the whole car, which can look absolutely amazing, but it's of course a lot more work. We were just discussing disassembly a few posts back.

Also ill try and clean it again what do you recommend for cleaning?

Some soapy water (hand-washing dish detergent)? Or some all-purpose household cleaner with some water?

The smudges were from not protecting that area from the packing foam rubbing and effectively sanding the surface smooth and what you see is the texture difference and hence cannot be removed. I think best attempt is to weather the entire tumbler to hide this but that's a lot of work

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

The smudges were from not protecting that area from the packing foam rubbing and effectively sanding the surface smooth and what you see is the texture difference and hence cannot be removed. I think best attempt is to weather the entire tumbler to hide this but that's a lot of work

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Looks like fingers bro

How much is the original release going for these days? Particularly ones that were opened, displayed and aren't what I would call fully mint condition.

How much is the original release going for these days? Particularly ones that were opened, displayed and aren't what I would call fully mint condition.

I saw a pretty dusty one sell for 480.00 plus shipping on eBay that's the cheapest I've seen the prices on this is all over the place

Looks like fingers bro

sorry I was on my mobile and for some reason no pictures were visible so I assumed he was referring to the all too well known smudges on the top .... bro ;)

I am thinking about selling mine for $725 shipped within the United States.

It has never been displayed. I opened it, took it out.. shot a couple pics then repackaged it. Been in the box ever since.

It is mint 100% complete with Original Box and original brown shipper.

I bought a tumbler a couple of days back it should arrive tomorrow but after going back and looking at the pictures there's some smudging between the cockpit glass

I'm hoping they will just wipe off, I did ask the seller and he said he didn't notice them

They're much more noticeable in photographs, especially with light/flash reflecting from them. Look back a few posts and the smudges on titanchuck's look similar - still waiting to hear back if he was able to clean his off.

Last edited:

Opened this up to have a look today . Can anyone confirm are all your tumblers uniform black or do some of the plastic panels have slight discolouration on them ?

Opened this up to have a look today . Can anyone confirm are all your tumblers uniform black or do some of the plastic panels have slight discolouration on them ?

Slight discolouration mate, some panels are darker or lighter and are not uniform in colour just like mine :) I think all are the same.

Back