1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Treat the tires with silicone spray. It won't clean off your table, but it should help preserve the rubber. It's what I'm doing to mine.

This month will be my final flex payment. Can't wait to get this.

I've been using Trident Silicone Spray in a pump bottle. It's food-grade and appears to be water borne. It's sold by dive shops for use on all the rubber on dive equipment. You can also get food-grade spray in an aerosol can, usually meant for the restaurant industry for food-prep equipment like meat slicers. A decent selection available on [ame]https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=trident+silicone+spray&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Atrident+silicone+spray[/ame]

I've been using Trident Silicone Spray in a pump bottle. It's food-grade and appears to be water borne. It's sold by dive shops for use on all the rubber on dive equipment. You can also get food-grade spray in an aerosol can, usually meant for the restaurant industry for food-prep equipment like meat slicers. A decent selection available on https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...icone+spray&rh=i:aps,k:trident+silicone+spray

Thanks!!!!

Tonight I discovered a short circuit in the built-in lighting of the Tumbler. Pretty sure it's the front passenger side LED set.

Has anyone seen any guide or images (anything) posted about taking the Tumbler apart? I'd like to minimize how many pieces I have to get it into to try and get to the correct spot if possible.

Details about the short in my office thread: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5750865#post5750865

UPDATE: I may not need to get at the wiring as it seems the issue is isolated to one LED (it's cooked, brown and smelly) - after reading that the dual LED fixtures were modular I took another look and easily popped them off.

Last edited:

Tumbler arrived. What a massive box for a 1/6 scale vehicle. Now Bruce needs to get his license first...

If anyone else is curious how the LEDs may be removed and serviced, here's an image of the front-most modules:

I wrote to Hot Toys asking about a replacement module, but I'm not going to wait for their verdict, I think I'm going to re-wire all the LEDs to be safe. With this many LEDs running in parallel, it's kind of foolish to not have them all protected by their own resistors, so that's what I'm going to do. One resistor per LED to prevent any current runs and future burnouts.

EDIT: So I just did a quick continuity and resistance test on the Tumbler's built-in wiring. First the negative testing from the battery terminal to one of the front LED connectors. 0 Ohms (no resistance) which is what I expected. Then the positive. Zero again. Wow, these jokers didn't use any resistors for their LEDs. I AM NOT IMPRESSED. No wonder the LEDs burn out and die on these things.

EDIT: This thing is absolutely not designed to ever be taken apart. There's a lot of glue in addition to the many screws, making it very (very) easy to damage parts when removing them - such as the rear wheel center hubs.

I've got all the LEDs out and have started taking apart some parts to try and fix the rear air intakes in front of the wheels. 3mm LEDs if anyone's curious.

Last edited:

Here you can see the intakes removed:

And here's a view of the inside with the interior fittings removed. You have to remove the canopy first for easier access - there are only 4 screws for this and they're visible from the outside - look at the back of the canopy from underneath. The seats each have three screws on the bottom arranged in a triangle. The center console is held by 4 screws visible from the top. The steering column is held by 2 screws in front of the three for the driver's seat.

Next the side panels/bolsters have four screw which are easily accessed from the inside now that the interior is removed. Then with some wiggling the interior side panels come off. This reveals all kinds of screws that will allow you to take apart the exterior side panels. I'm only interested in the air intakes which you can see has four screws highlighted below.

While I'm in here I'm going to instal a DC power jack to simplify my battery elimination and also wire in some additional LEDs to the stock wiring so that I can remove the additional wires I added myself for cabin illumination.

Selling my Tumbler, i'm in the UK. It's BNIB and i can offer collection if your near

Kind of want one of these. I wonder what the chances are of a waitlist conversion from Sideshow (not on it currently).

Kind of want one of these. I wonder what the chances are of a waitlist conversion from Sideshow (not on it currently).

Not good. I've been on it awhile and got an email a couple weeks ago advertising the Camo Tumbler because my "waitlist isn't likely to convert."

Not good. I've been on it awhile and got an email a couple weeks ago advertising the Camo Tumbler because my "waitlist isn't likely to convert."
That sucks. No interest in the camo Tumbler personally. Might have to start checking the for sale section or eBay. I either want a Tumbler or Bat-Pod for my collection.

That sucks. No interest in the camo Tumbler personally. Might have to start checking the for sale section or eBay. I either want a Tumbler or Bat-Pod for my collection.

With a little bit of work you can take it all apart and paint it black if it's the only way you can get one. I have few insights on taking some of it apart toward the end of my office thread.

With a little bit of work you can take it all apart and paint it black if it's the only way you can get one. I have few insights on taking some of it apart toward the end of my office thread.
I couldn't bring myself to spend that amount on it and take it apart/paint it. I'd worry too much about ****ing it up.

I'd worry too much about ****ing it up.

There's definitely that. ;) But sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Mine burned out one of the front LEDs, plus I had to fix the rear intakes that got both pushed inward, so I had no choice but to take it apart. That said, I didn't take apart much more than I really had to, because it is somewhat of a PITA. But I was tempted to. ;) Some of the repaints I've seen here, plus the extra small touches of braided hose really give it an additional wow factor.

I just had my wait list for the black tumbler convert this week. Sadly i did pass on it though, so one is coming to the next in line. Hopefully i will not live with to much regret.

Yes finally got my shipping notice for my blk tumbler!

Back