1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

How do you guys remove dust from the wheels without ruining the finish? As of now I've wrapped the front wheels in the protective plastic they came with until I can find a display case.

I've also noticed that the front wheels are a bit "wet" compared to the back wheels. They attract more dust and it's harder to remove dust from them compared to the back wheels. :dunno

Why couldn't Hot Toys just have made the wheels of some kind of plastic... :gah:

Rubber gives me nightmares........!!!

How do you guys remove dust from the wheels without ruining the finish? As of now I've wrapped the front wheels in the protective plastic they came with until I can find a display case.

I've also noticed that the front wheels are a bit "wet" compared to the back wheels. They attract more dust and it's harder to remove dust from them compared to the back wheels. :dunno

Why couldn't Hot Toys just have made the wheels of some kind of plastic... :gah:

Rubber gives me nightmares........!!!

I just use canned air and a cloth like you would use to clean TV screens.

Isn't it still a available on SST? Oh mine got so dusty I used swifter dust to remove or loosen for the blow and works well

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

I just use canned air and a cloth like you would use to clean TV screens.

But that's the thing, if I touch the wheels it leaves marks on them and the finish will get ruined.

He lives in Sweden, would be pretty expensive in the end with shipping costs, import fees (about 30% of the declared value and shipping cost) and then a postal fee...

**** i regret not getting this!!!!!! (written in caps lock. Stupid forum)

Why don't you get it in Europe? I got mine from my local dealer, the price was fairly comparable to SSF, minus custom fees.

It's not even in stock yet, so you've got time. I'm sure there are plenty European retailers that still carry it. Mine does!

You only live ONCE! :lecture

Just tell yourself just this one big purchase!

You can also start spending less somewhere else like on food for some time! Its like living in college where I bulk buy oatmeal because they are soooo cheap. Ride the bicycle to work if you can to avoid paying for gas or ride the bus. Do something to make extra money on the side and spend less!

Just got this bad boy for myself, told myself I better get it now before they're all gone again.

Merry Christmas to me :yess:.

Hopefully it survives the trip to Australia :pray:.

Delivered today! HUGE box. Wife was cool about it though. She just asked where I was going to store it. I'll have to open and inspect it and put it back in the box until I have a nice area to display it in.

I built my display case a couple of months in advance. It sat in my office empty as just another one of my 'projects'. Took my wife a couple of weeks to notice there was a Batmobile in it! She's not a fan - too geometric and not as much artistry as in the figures - but appreciates the sheer awesomeness of it. Looking forward to her reaction when the '89 one comes!!!

Ahh...gotcha. Missed that part. :slap

It's a great piece but probably not worth paying double by the time it gets there. :gah:

Yeah :/... Shipping was like $280 from BBTS.... Thats makes it $499 + $280 just to get it here... Then I have to pay 25% of those $780 in taxes, so that makes it $975 :O... and then add some small postal fees etc.

It's just not worth it....

What I regret is cancelling my order from my Swedish dealer, and now it's sold out (preorders). I'm on the waitlist, but I dont think anybody will give it up :(.

I'm on the waitlist, but I dont think anybody will give it up :(.

Ouch. I don't blame you a bit there. I'd even offer to ship it to you from here but I don't think it would save you any money in the long run. It also sounds like you have the same kinda luck I do which means it would be damaged when it got there and then what?

Well, I will hope for a tiny Christmas miracle for you. May your phone ring tomorrow saying they have one for you!!

Yeah :/... Shipping was like $280 from BBTS.... Thats makes it $499 + $280 just to get it here... Then I have to pay 25% of those $780 in taxes, so that makes it $975 :O... and then add some small postal fees etc.

What I regret is cancelling my order from my Swedish dealer, and now it's sold out (preorders). I'm on the waitlist, but I dont think anybody will give it up :(.

You can find it at the 700-750$ (550 euros roughly) range from ebay's european sellers shipped, and you won't have to pay any customs etc. Unless I am missing something (extra Swedish taxes for example).

It's still more than what someone in the States would pay though....:dunno

Not to derail your thought (and this isn't a slight to you) but on another forum a European member frequently complained about import fees, shipping costs, etc. To the point where ANY time he had to purchase something he would whine (again Jesper, not what you're doing) and moan about how unfair it was.

Jokingly another member said "well, move to the gool ol' UsOfA and you won't deal with that."

He went on at least five extensive paragraphs about how that was such a "capitalist thing to say" and Americans are "whats wrong with the world." Even compared us to Nazi Germany.

In the end do the import fees suck? Sure. It all boils down to if the Tumbler is worth paying all of that. It's a superb piece and I'm sorry for your troubles bud.

Back