1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thinking about selling my custom tumbler…pm me if you're interested
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...hot-toys-custom-tumbler.html?highlight=r5150s

Man anyone who gets this are super lucky. You did an amazing job on the mods and paint work. I really wanted to do something similar and may slightly mod my camo. Im sure I remember you mentioning you were looking into weathering the large back tires. Did you ever find a way of doing it ? I do think they need to look a little more worn and aged... awesome work by the way.

It's always behind this dust cover:

a8794c8c734194fb6bf284a90008a4f4.jpg

But every time I remove it there immediately is some dust, at least on the front tires, they're real dust magnets :lol but it can be easily removed with some soft tape or protective film for example.

wow how did you make this?

Hey Guys,

I finally received my Tumbler (camo Ver) that I had on lay-by for a little while and when I was taking it out of the box for the 1st time the whole bloody rear axle snapped off :mad: :mad: :mad: Looking at how little in length the screws are that held the axle on it is no wonder it snapped off, and all the white super glue vapor marks make me suspicious about a pre-existing possible flaw.

Has anyone else heard of a similar issue with these, or is there a way you are supposed to lift these out of the box with proper support somewhere?

DSC_0220.JPGDSC_0213.jpgDSC_0217.jpg

Regards dan

I own the black rev 2 and IMO, the quality of the build on these things is very poor even for a $100 item, let alone a $500 one. The good news is that the construction is simplistic once you look at it closely and issues of failing joints can easily be fixed.

Just glue that puppy back in place - before you do just consult other images to make sure you know precisely where every loose part goes. It does look like the rear engine cowling has 4 screw bosses and needs to be screwed from the inside. I can't confirm this on mine at the moment, and I'm not sure how those screws would have come off or been left out if you didn't remove them yourself. Use some glue for the broken one on the bottom right.

Hi there Pixelpiper,

I agree the quality on these is rather lacking which is such a shame, but considering the weight of these they really should be more robust with weight bearing areas. It appears that the engine cowling pretty much supports the entire weight of the axle and 4 huge tires so It's no surprise then that those 4 little mounting points snapped where the screws go in. The 4 screws are there, you can just see them coming out of the main body where it snapped, but they are so short and I wonder if they used the wrong screws when they assembled this which lead to it snapping since there was barely any screw length holding it together.

The good news is that the place I purchased it has swapped it over for a new one, so hopefully this was a one off occurrence.

Regards dan

That's great about the swap - I thought you might have bought it from someone who only had the one or I would have definitely mentioned contacting them.

That's great about the swap - I thought you might have bought it from someone who only had the one or I would have definitely mentioned contacting them.

Yes I was VERY lucky that I purchased this thru a store otherwise I'd be left with a broken tumbler. The sales lady was really helpful and arranged next day pick up of the old one with a straight swap for a new one, the best service I've ever had with a quality issue. Must admit that I'm reluctant to remove the new one from the box now in case it happens to me again.

I wonder what will happen to the damaged one, whether it will be sent back to Hot Toys or just destroyed like sideshows requirements....I would have loved to try and repair it and paint it up black tumbler style.

I sold mine as I needed the cash. shipped it out today with canada post. lady added fragile stickers then slid the box off the counter and let the package hit the floor. just the boxed tumbler in the brown shipper. I'm wondering what the damage might be.

I sold mine as I needed the cash. shipped it out today with canada post. lady added fragile stickers then slid the box off the counter and let the package hit the floor. just the boxed tumbler in the brown shipper. I'm wondering what the damage might be.

Wow. :slap I hope everything works out for you.

Never put fragile on your packages, just asking for trouble. Most people who work for those companies have no consideration for the packages, even right in front of you. I have had it happen MANY times. They just don't care.

If anyone has one for sale at a cheap price or for trade hit me up. Not looking to pay top dollar, and damage is fine. In fact prefered. Lol

Also...anyone that has some good hi res photos of box, inside, and all angles I'd love to get a copy. Pm me if u don't mind sharing. Camo or black or both. Thanks for your time, in advance.

BTW, do any of you guys know where the red posts go (the ones that prevent the rear tires from spinning in transit). I'm trying to repack mine and I can't remember how they were.

Also...anyone that has some good hi res photos of box, inside, and all angles I'd love to get a copy. Pm me if u don't mind sharing. Camo or black or both. Thanks for your time, in advance.
I can't get it out in the open for pics but I'll try.

Back